Quick question.

Has anyone else noticed that only aspects to ascendants that change ones natural body are conjunctions and inconjunctions? For some reason all other aspects dont effect the natural physical body. I would imagine what the other aspects do is change looks just to a lesser extent, so perhaps just the mannerisms of the individual? Or maybe not even that.

Last edited:

Lin

I can't agree, sorry. I have a very ambiguous relationship with my physical body. I believe this is because my Sun and Merc square my ASC and my Venus and Jupiter trine my ASC. I think without the square from the Sun I would have always been much more comfortable with my body and therefore others would also find me more approachable.

However, without the Venus and Jupiter TRINE I don't know HOW I would deal with the squares.

I think your physical presence is affected by all the aspects which connect with the ASC.

Also, don't forget your Progressed ASC advances about one degree a year. If your ASC sign changes then you have to take that into consideration.

There's no cut and dried rule.
LIN

I can't agree, sorry. I have a very ambiguous relationship with my physical body. I believe this is because my Sun and Merc square my ASC and my Venus and Jupiter trine my ASC. I think without the square from the Sun I would have always been much more comfortable with my body and therefore others would also find me more approachable.

However, without the Venus and Jupiter TRINE I don't know HOW I would deal with the squares.

I think your physical presence is affected by all the aspects which connect with the ASC.

Also, don't forget your Progressed ASC advances about one degree a year. If your ASC sign changes then you have to take that into consideration.

There's no cut and dried rule.
LIN

Conjunction and inconjunction are the only aspects ive seen to any ascendant that have had any effects on the persons physical body as well as their clothing and the physical mannerisms that come directly only from them having the physical body that they do.

Every other aspect (trines squares sextiles etc.) that i have seen have never had any effects on the persons physical body in any way, let alone their physical mannerisms that come directly from them having the body that they did/do. I can testify for this being true even for myself and my own ASC.

Indeed, everyones ASC does change after many decades via degree movement 1 degree every year. Also, I want to add that, although it's widely debated if this is true or not, one can change their ASC by being in a far away location from their city of birth. But it has to be over 100 miles away.

However, there's really never been any widely used or known of evidence that that's even true. Even if it is true, we have no idea if the effects of going somewhere else take a while or not to go in place or not, and if they do, if they are fast or slow, and if when done taking root do they overpower the natal chart's effects or not.