Eris

theV

sedna(reincarnation) is an octave of eris
eris is an octave of pluto
pluto is an octave of mars

They all rule aries and scorpio.

eris is the 1st chakra of the karma layer
The karma layer is eris right up to sedna. There's about 40 objects, 9 of them are big.

So if you don't believe in karma and reincarnation Eris is useless.
So you'll need a medium or psychic to figure out the karma.
Good luck in studying it.

Remember the first chakra.

Jim

I still don't know what sedna meanin astrology.The three Dwarf Planet sounds all strong and powerful.I like them.As I said before

Eris contra parallel/opposite my sun/venus and strangely the Antiscia of eris conjunct my sun and venus

Sedna is 14 degree taurus in my MC

my ASC conjunct sedna/node midpoint.sedna/mars
MY sun opposite neptune/sedna midpoint
venus also opp neptune sedna midpoint

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

There is one civilization in world history came to be influenced by Eris: the Aztecs which begat the modern day Mexico. Once the Aztecs ruled the valley of Mexico where Mexico city now sits, parts of southern Mexico and Central America north of Nicaragua and their range could reached the region known as "Aztlan" where they might originated from between north of the tropic of Cancer in Mexico, central Texas and southern California. The Aztecs' nomadic ancestors might began in the present-day Southwest US (Arizona or New Mexico?) about 558 years (the year 970-975 AD?) before their conquest by Europeans (the Spanish) in 1521. Just like Eris makes on average 558 years to orbit the Sun. Right before the 2nd millennia AD, the ancestors of Mexico began to move down further into the Mexican peninsula, and after the 3rd millennia AD began, seems like recent decades of Mexican immigration northward to the US represents a "return" to an ancestral homeland, despite being under the US. I asked what does Eris represent to some countries in mundane astrology?

Perhaps the years 2079-2084 when Eris makes a second return in its orbital cycle: would Mexico either have a very indigenous majority (other than mestizos of mixed European-Amerindian descent) or the southwest US may be returned to Mexican rule after the land was annexed by the US after the Mexican-American war, 1846-48 and an earlier revolution by the Anglo-American Texas Republic 1836-45. Despite the destruction of the Aztec, Maya and MesoAmerican peoples or empires by 3 centuries of Spanish colonial rule, the Mexican people with indigenous roots mixed with the Spaniards declared independence in 1821 (or was it 1810?) and the pre-independence Spanish settlement of coastal California in 1769-1779. Independence 300 years after conquest, gain of land 250 years after (1760-70s), loss of land 250 years before (1830-40s) and possible extension 300 years before the sociopolitical "Reconquista", Eris may played a role in causing effects by certain alignments and positions in its orbital cycle to project changes in Aztec-based, yet Hispanicized Mexico.

CapAquaPis

On astro.com's ephemeris of planets including dwarf ones, Eris (20th and 21st centuries) was in Pisces until 1943 (?) and Aries until 2025 (?) when it enters Taurus. Like Pluto, Eris has a different orbit mode to stay in one sign longer than another. It'll be in Aries in a 85-year period. How it would affect Aries people or things with the sign Aries is something I want to find out.

Like I said on an earlier post in the thread, Eris is thought to indicate wealth and prosperity. Eris' transit in Aries happened in the time the US entered WW2 (Dec. 1941) and came out of the war victoriously and more prosperous than before. Eris' position a decade or 15 years (the 1930s Great Depression and the 2008-11 Great Recession) before entering a new sign seems to foretell economic recession and less prosperity in the US. I like to examine where was Eris in the time the US declared independence (July 4, 1776).

And Eris has some "masculine" energies coming from a celestial object named for a female deity. It is similar to Mercury, the planet named for a male god known for androgynous nature, thus possessed some "feminine" energies. Mercury is the ruler of "masculine" Gemini and "feminine" Virgo and the planet represents the signs' characteristics involve this duality. It is believed by some astrologers Eris co-rules Aquarius, a sign with masculine, yet androgynous natures, as the dwarf planet;s feminine name suggests.

waybread

What is the source of your information on "wealth and prosperity"? Or an "Aquarius rulership"? I've read a couple of books on Eris (by Seltzer and Legreis), and they don't mention it.

CapAquaPis

Information regarding Eris is here (one of many sources I found on Google search just now).

http://www.astrograph.com/learning-astrology/Eris.php

and rules Gemini, sign of duality also Virgo, and has its exaltation in Aquarius.

This site discusses the proposed realignment of planetary rulerships in astrology.
http://www.secretlyobvious.com/11-planet-rulerships.html

Eris is the astrological symbol of discord and strife.

http://www.midlandsschoolofastrology.co.uk/eris_goddess_of_strife_and_stimulation.html

Eris will support the worker who passes another worker in the race for wealth and prosperity.

waybread

I think a lot more research on Eris needs to be done before we can say too much about her. Eris's original pre-official name was Xenia, and the woman warrior archetype seems to fit. She was the sister and in many ways female twin of Mars (Ares) in Greek mythology, so to me Aries seems like a closer match. But as I said, theory doesn't take us to far: we need to do the research.

theV

As a man, with Eris Contra Parallel my venus- the type of woman I am attracted to are of eris like, strong and independent. I was always fascinated with strong female on television and movies such as Kill Bill, Female superheroes. I find myself supporting women, and repulsed by sexist.

CapAquaPis

As a man, with Eris Contra Parallel my venus- the type of woman I am attracted to are of eris like, strong and independent. I was always fascinated with strong female on television and movies such as Kill Bill, Female superheroes. I find myself supporting women, and repulsed by sexist.

The western world in this century, millennia...and astrological age (Eris said to rule Aquarius like I mentioned earlier) has became less sexist and misogynistic, emphasizes equality of women au pair with men and many of us find socially constructed gender roles restrictive and offensive. Not a surprise Xena was an earlier name of Eris...and it was discovered around 2004, right in the era when more societies once strictly male-dominated and patriarchal gave way to egalitarian concepts of human rights for both genders/sexes, which started in the 1960s (feminism and women's lib) or earlier in the turn of the 20th century (the women's suffrage movement).