Midpoints

Stellium6th

What do you think of them? Are they a regular tool for every astrologic interpretation?, i heard they were tied to uranian astrology.

Do you include the 8th harmonic hard aspects in them? They hold any insight when using them for harmonics charts? i.e fifth harmonic.

katydid

I use midpoints, especially when there is a planet/asteroid/angle/other point on that midpoint. In other words, planetary configurations are essentially midpoints. Grand trines, T-Squares, Yods, are all based upon midpoints.

Reinhold Ebertin's Midpoint book is like a bible to me. If I could only have one reference book it would be that one.

The Combination of Stellar Influences: Reinhold Ebertin .

Stellium6th

''I use midpoints, especially when there is a planet/asteroid/angle/other point on that midpoint.'' What do you mean? Sorry, Not very inspired today.

How do you see midpoints?, as energy interaction, trigger of events or as pure personality interpretation?

I checked the book you mention and I always liked Ebertin's work, but aren't his interpretations about certain midpoints too rigid? i.e saying Jupiter/mid heaven aspected by venus= success (didn't check it, just an example)

katydid

''I use midpoints, especially when there is a planet/asteroid/angle/other point on that midpoint.'' What do you mean? Sorry, Not very inspired today.

How do you see midpoints?, as energy interaction, trigger of events or as pure personality interpretation?

I checked the book you mention and I always liked Ebertin's work, but aren't his interpretations about certain midpoints too rigid? i.e saying Jupiter/mid heaven aspected by venus= success (didn't check it, just an example)

As all of the above: as the point of energy interaction of the named planets, which may sometimes trigger events, and/or may sometimes describe personality traits, quirks, etc.

For example, you have Jupiter/Pluto=MC/IC. That is a very strong MP placement. That would place that MP as the trigger of a t_square to your strong opposition from 6th to 12th, which helps give to it a focus. And it greatly strengthens the MC/IC axis. Accordibg to Ebertin:

Ambition, Industriousness, the desire to succeed as manager…Advantages in one's occupation…Advancement and promotion. Great Luck.

His interpretations are not meant to be taken rigidly. They are the barebones meanings and one fills in the blanks with the rest of the pertinent info.