Best way of cleaning your crystals?

Tamara

during wanning moon i put them in the salt for three days. it cleans all the negative energetical dirt. for charging them i hold it in my hands and meditate. if you can do psi-ball than you can use it too(i always do it).. i have a lot of gems and all have specific energy and you must charge them according to their nature.

virgo18

Put them in a non-plastic plate (I mean a plate made of glass or ceramic) above "SEA SALT"... and let them under the sun light and moon light. Then clean them with a wool or cotton cloth.

dr. farr

In addition to the other good methods mentioned above, one can run a magnet over the crystal, or put the crystal up against a lodestone for a few minutes: the magnet or lodestone will clear the crystal's field, and the crystal will either recharge on its own or it can be amplified by solarization (or for some crystals) Lunar exposure (both of these methods have been mentioned in previous posts)

Caro

it depends on the type of crystal some should not be washed or left in salt water. You need to get advice from someone who works a lot with crytals.

certainly you can recharge in sunlight or in moonlight - up to full moon.

Or placing on a bed of himalayan salt and making the appropriate intention.

aKuna

As with all Consciousness crystals too are evolving...
I no longer take it on as this human ego's responsibility to make choices for other essence beings. and they are beings of the mineral kingdom...
I ask them...and they always respond sometimes the same one selects different methods each time...
For me it's become a matter of Respecting All Consciousness is Equal

dr. farr

I no longer take it on as this human ego's responsibility to make choices for other essence beings. and they are beings of the mineral kingdom...
I ask them...and they always respond sometimes the same one selects different methods each time...

I won't argue with this outlook:biggrin:...

Pisceanfool

If they had evolved wouldn't they no longer be in the mineral kingdom?

lilithofeden

These are all great ways, but one I have heard hasn't been posted, so here it is.

Bury the rocks in dirt, or lay the in a stream in a river (if it's secluded and you trust it won't be stolen.) It's like returning them to their home... It is best to bury them with the point facing down so the energy can be channelled into the earth. Leave them for 24 hours

Crystal Starseed

Namaste.

Apart from the really soft crystals my preferred method would be cold running water, as I find it to be a superior cleansing as well as reprogramming medium. They love the water, and you should also visuailse any residual negative build up being flushed away by the water. I place mine in little baskets which act like collanders, then place them somewhere light and airy to drain off and dry. When I worked professionally as a crystal healer I always found this method to be superior to the salt or other methods, especially if I had a lot of clients.

Some crystals are more fragile than you think. I once buried a slice of agate in the damp earth in my garden overnight to cleanse it, and returned the next day to find that 'something' had eaten into the slice and removed a slither of a few milimetrs thick and a few centimetres long. This was outlined by a browish colour as if the crystal had been like that for years. I always check my crystals carefully for damage or changes, and there was nothing to say that there may have been a hairline fracture or anything. It was so strange and to this day I don't know what could have caused it!

If you place crystals in the sun, be careful which ones you place there, as the sun also charges the crystal with solar energy as well as cleanses it. Fire crystals like quartz, haematite and agates love the sun, but watch out for amethysts for example as they can change colour and form ametrine. Some crystals have been artificially irradiated to change their colour and the extra solar radiation can change them again or lose their colour. I find that cleansing with cold water is best, followed by the sun. If you leave your crystals out under a full moon, this will also charge them with lunar energy, which some crystals like moonstone, selenite and rose quartz, also particularly love. The best of all crystals have been cleansed and charged by water and fire (sunlight), imo. but the charging power of the moon is an extra bonus that gives an extra high.:cool: