Two Stelliums in Natal Chart?

lithiumlicks

Hi there!

I’ve recently been develving more into birth charts and different aspects.
I stumbled upon the topic of stelliums, not even knowing I had any until I checked my chart.
I have four in my 11th house Capricorn (Sun, Jupiter, Uranus Neptune) and 3 in my 12th house Aquarius (Mercury, Venus and Mars).

I was just wondering if anyone had any interpretations on this. I found it pretty hard to find stolid information on one stellium, let alone two!

greybeard

Hi there!

I stumbled upon the topic of stelliums, not even knowing I had any until I checked my chart.
I have four in my 11th house Capricorn (Sun, Jupiter, Uranus Neptune) and 3 in my 12th house Aquarius (Mercury, Venus and Mars).

I was just wondering if anyone had any interpretations on this. I found it pretty hard to find stolid information on one stellium, let alone two!

I take a stellium to be "Four or more planets in one sign or one house, at least two of which are not Sun, Mercury or Venus".

Using this definition, your chart holds a stellium in the 11th but not the 12th.

To "read" a stellium, break it down into its elements and see what that tells you; there is no "blanket interpretation" for these configurations.

Obviously, in your case, with both Capricorn and Aquarius (7 planets) emphasized, it is imperative to study Saturn.

The stellium in sign is more powerful and significant than stellium in house.

Bill Clinton's chart holds two stelliums, in Leo and Libra.

ElenaJ

Hi there!

A stellium represents a strong concentration of energy.
So not only does this give a strong emphasis on the sign it is in, and the planets involved, but when there are transits, the native is hit by the transit at all those concentrated points.
For example, someone with a stellium in cardinal signs will be influenced heavily by the current Saturn/pluto transit in Capricorn, much more so than someone with just one planet in a cardinal sign.

lithiumlicks

Thanks for the replies!
Is there any other good reference out there about them? Finding it so hard to get decent information about them haha.

Also, is there any reason sun, Venus or mercury isn’t included in them? I thought considering they’re more personal planets that they might have a greater influence than outer planets no?

greybeard

Sun, venus and Mercury hang out together so you often find them all in the same sign. This gives the three a statistical advantage in forming a cluster over the other planets. Therefore, the stricture.

The idea behind a stellium is "an exceptional concentration of power". Three is powerful, but four is exceptional...they reach another level of concentrated power.

You probably won't find "readings" for a stellium anywhere, only general statements of their nature as a special configuration.

So to discern their meaning you must examine the participants individually (dignity and such), in pairs (conjunctions), effects of aspects and condition of the sign lord.... In your chart Saturn.

The links provided by Jac are useful and good, as far as they go (thank you Jac), but an actual interpretation is up to you.

A lot of folks are calling 3 planets a stellium. Personally, I disagree. But that is a professional choice each us must make, and if your methods work, use them.

Last edited:

greybeard

Sun, venus and Mercury hang out together so you often find them all in the same sign. This gives the three a statistical advantage in forming a cluster over the other planets. Therefore, the stricture.

The idea behind a stellium is "an exceptional concentration of power". Three is powerful, but four is exceptional...they reach another level of concentrated power.

You probably won't find "readings" for a stellium anywhere, only general statements of their nature as a special configuration.

So to discern their meaning you must examine the participants individually (dignity and such), in pairs (conjunctions), effects of aspects and condition of the sign lord.... In your chart Saturn.

The links provided by Jac are useful and good, as far as they go (thank you Jac), but an actual interpretation is up to you.

ElenaJ

Granted those swift inner planets are more easily found lined up together, than the outer ones. But they still represent a concentration of energy, no?
Hypothetically, you could have sun/venus/mercury/moon together, which would be a stellium.
I looked at the helpful links Jac posted, interesting point about having something opposing to give a way of channeling or syphoning off the energy of the stellium.

greybeard

When 3 or more planets occupy 1 sign, and single planet opposes them, you have a formation called a fan. The handle planet becomes focal, distributes the power of the formation.

ElenaJ

When 3 or more planets occupy 1 sign, and single planet opposes them, you have a formation called a fan. The handle planet becomes focal, distributes the power of the formation.

A friend has Saturn/neptune/sun/venus in libra, all in the 10th house of profession, nothing opposing, but a square from Uranus in the 7th in cancer.
The professional life/career is creating tensions in the home (4th) and the marriage (7th) with no release valve. Now the pluto/saturn transit in Capricorn is squaring the stellium and opposing Uranus. Not sure how this is going to work out!!

lithiumlicks

A lot of folks are calling 3 planets a stellium. Personally, I disagree. But that is a professional choice each us must make, and if your methods work, use them.

Thanks for all of that information! I’ll start looking into it separately and then start looking at the connections considering I have a lot of activity in that quadrant of my chart so it’s worth investigating.
Hopefully crack the code on mysterious stelliums!

Whoam1

Ah stella. Not mysterious, house systems however are. Use signs stella act as a luminary when there is one not involved (as a sidereal user however I don't know how to read your stella in a way you would 100% agree with).

If the Mercury Venus Mars are in Aquarius 22 degrees and up then this will be a scientific, spiritual, and humanitarian trifecta added into your personality (Mars sign itself is almost at a luminary strength). If these planet are bef6that degree it will add the traits of wild, discontent, and a need for autonomy.