Workaholism in chart

Brea

Hi guys,

My friend here is currently working 2 jobs and juggling three bands (two that are exceptionally successful). He's been like this since I can remember and while he complains a bit about it, I know him well enough to know that if there is a slot available he will find a way to fill it (he currently works 6 days out of the week, sometimes 7). Kinda Ironic that I'm posting this now because today he did all three, working 8am-4pm then 5pm-7pm and then he has a concert at 8pm.

What he and I are both wondering is if his chart just shows general workaholism, or someone who can (and maybe will) channel his energy into specializing in something that might be more predictable. He feels a little directionless at the moment because while he's been lucratively teaching music to children for the last three years, he doesn't feel that it is his calling (which is surprising with his 10th house being a leo frat party haha). Something similar is happening with his love for music (maybe this is an early warning that his saturn return is upon him lol).

He is an exceptional singer, speaker and writer (as seen with his mercury & venus in virgo). He has a history of writing articulate emails, music reviews, lyrics, articles, blogs, working in call centers, at one time he was a regular tween news host on public television). He's an interesting mesh of leo and virgo. with that scorpio martian tenacity. I'm unsure of what to make of his 6th house lord being in the 10th but I know his sun and mars placements hate being micromanaged or dumbed down. His Sun in the 10th square chart ruler pluto and Moon in the 1st doesn't help with this messy affair either.

Thanks so much for your time,
(if you'd like me to cast additional charts I am willing)

Attachments

• dylancensor.jpg
    dylancensor.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 43
  • astro_w2gw_dylan.pdf
    61.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

muchacho

Hi guys,

My friend here is currently working 2 jobs and juggling three bands (two that are exceptionally successful). He's been like this since I can remember and while he complains a bit about it, I know him well enough to know that if there is a slot available he will find a way to fill it (he currently works 6 days out of the week, sometimes 7). Kinda Ironic that I'm posting this now because today he did all three, working 8am-4pm then 5pm-7pm and then he has a concert at 8pm.

What he and I are both wondering is if his chart just shows general workaholism, or someone who can (and maybe will) channel his energy into specializing in something that might be more predictable. He feels a little directionless at the moment because while he's been lucratively teaching music to children for the last three years, he doesn't feel that it is his calling (which is surprising with his 10th house being a leo frat party haha). Something similar is happening with his love for music (maybe this is an early warning that his saturn return is upon him lol).

He is an exceptional singer, speaker and writer (as seen with his mercury & venus in virgo). He has a history of writing articulate emails, music reviews, lyrics, articles, blogs, working in call centers, at one time he was a regular tween news host on public television). He's an interesting mesh of leo and virgo. with that scorpio martian tenacity. I'm unsure of what to make of his 6th house lord being in the 10th but I know his sun and mars placements hate being micromanaged or dumbed down. His Sun in the 10th square chart ruler pluto and Moon in the 1st doesn't help with this messy affair either.

Thanks so much for your time,
(if you'd like me to cast additional charts I am willing)
I know someone with a similar chart. Sun as 10th lord in 10th, 6th in Aries and Scorpio rising... Aries are all busybodies in some way, Scorpios are generally workaholics, Leos usually more relaxed but a 10th house Sun as ruler of 10th means their life and life purpose is their career. So there it is.

Hi Brea,

Your friend has a very favorable trapezoid pattern in his chart; the configuration, in itself, signifies perfectionism, a gift to create harmony and plenty of opportunities; but together with the planets involved (Saturn, Uranus, Neptune - the Moon conjunct Pluto - Mars conjunct Mercury - Jupiter) that are essentially strong and full of energy, and the houses I-III-IX-X, the pattern shows an outstanding initiative, organizing skills, ambition and persistence. The Bi-sextile of Uranus/Saturn-Pluto-Mercury/Mars alone (all except for Pluto in Earth signs, at that) would be enough to make him a workaholic, and the rest of the pattern adds even more to his over-achiever and problem-solver aptitudes.

If he wants to specialize, I suggest considering writing/teaching as the core activity, leaving others as hobbies or side jobs (he will tend to have more than one income stream, anyways, and to change his daily jobs often). And this may come up as a surprise to his artistic nature, but his real self-fulfillment lies in the areas of the III house - the most active in his chart – in science, writing, journalism, blogging, teaching and the like, with a maximum number of connections to talent/skills/recognition/money indicators.

The tricky thing though that I can see in the chart is that his NN falls in IV and SN in X, making it unhealthy for him to “raise a career” or aspire to public recognition. Yet with his X house Sun in Leo almost conjunct MC and squared by the Moon and Pluto in I, he must crave for recognition and some sort of a “celebrity” status, while that’s exactly what he needs to voluntarily abandon to fulfill his life purpose. My guess is that your friend is not so much “directionless” as confused, feeling that he might be going in the wrong direction altogether?

His karma chart shows that he had already achieved a high social standing and recognition in the past lives, to him that path is well known and beaten, now is the time to focus on the IV house instead by going “deeper”, self-exploring and dealing with the “Inner Self”, focusing on personal and family life, ancestors, history and other IV house areas. If he continues to “raise a career” in a traditional sense of the word, he may face inexplicable obstacles on his way and feel an annoying and constant frustration in his professional life. Or his most cherished aspirations can be crashed for some reasons beyond his control.

It does not mean, of course, that your friend should stop doing what he loves doing, he may need to shift his focus and priorities, think in lines of:
- from external recognition to internal personal meaning
- from a position of control and authority to a “family man”
- from “achiever” to “nurturer”
- from “self-made”/independent to a tradition guardian
whatever these words might mean in his case.

He should avoid being a “star” for the sake of it or seeking appreciation from his audience, unless he uses his standing and fame to serve the IV house causes (family, history, home, father, cooking etc.) and generally needs to be more “spiritually-oriented” vs. “result-oriented”.

Btw, if he wants to prioritize and focus on one artistic pursuit, let it be singing, it’s the most supported by his natal, and falls under the IV house, aligning him to his NN purpose.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

waybread

With your friend's sun conjunct his MC (career house cusp) in Leo, I think your friend would actually love to become famous. Or at least to get lots of recognition for what he does. But I think the workaholism is Mercury-Mars in Virgo trine Uranus. Virgo is a perfectionist, always looking for ways to improve something. Mars and Uranus give Mercury a lot of extra voltage. Mercury rules thought, communication, and the hands.

Being his personal best would seem to be very important to your friend.