Chinese Astrology

Draco

Hi Sag,

I'm a Water-Dog, 1982, which I like to think of as being symbolised by a seal, which I suppose is an aquatic dog of sorts.

You say that you are Ox rising, but how do you find out a rising sign in chinese astrology?

I know that in the Chinese system each month (which don't parallel ours) corresponds to one of the twelve animals and that the twelve hours of day and night correspond to the twelve animals.

This makes me born in the Rooster month and in the Rooster hour I think. How can I find out more about the finer details of Chinese astrology?

Most sources of information tend not to go beyond the animal and element of the year that you are born, which doesn't personalise things very much.

Draco :wink:

Lapis

I'm a Rabbit (Cat) which is Water. It is hard to find much info about this that goes deep enough to really snag me. I don't understand their timing. Isn't it based on a Juptier cycle or something?

I don't even remember where I found this but it was in my old notebook of misc. strange stuff, so here it goes.

Chinese Ascendants
(The cycle starts at 11:00 pm)

11:00 pm - 1:00 am = Rat

1:00 am - 3:00 am = Ox

3:00 am - 5:00 am = Tiger

5 :00 am - 7:00 am = Rabbit (or Cat)

7:00 am - 9:00 am = Dragon

9:00 am - 11:00 am = Snake

11:00 am - 1:00 pm = Horse

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm = Sheep (Goat or Ram)

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm = Monkey

5:00 pm - 7:00 pm = Rooster

7:00 pm - 9:00 pm = Dog

9:00 pm - 11:00 pm = Boar (or Pig)

Here's some more.

Rat - Yang - Sagittarius - Male

Ox - Yin - Capricorn - Female

Tiger - Yang - Aquarius - Male

Rabbit - Ying - Pisces - Female

Dragon - Yang - Aries - Male

Snake - Yin - Taurus - Female

Horse - Yang - Gemini - Male

Sheep - Yin - Cancer - Female

Monkey - Yang - Leo - Male

Rooster - Yin - Virgo - Female

Dog - Yang - Libra - Male

Boar - Yin - Scorpio - Female

C1

:) I'm an ox (YIN) and a Taurus
born in hour of the Pig (boar)....
and I *love* it! As depicted
in a Tibetan painting of Kali......

the pig on her 3rd eye
simply means that life.....
every moment.....
is our food for enlightenment.
C1

Draco

I'm a Rabbit (Cat) which is Water.

Yes. In Thailand they have a cat rather than a rabbit. So you are a water-cat and I a water-dog. Complementary opposites I suppose.

It is hard to find much info about this that goes deep enough to really snag me.

I agree, this is how I feel. Perhaps if we could read Chinese we would find much more info on the net.

Chinese Ascendants

I'm not sure if the animal rulers of the hours of the day can be considered 'Ascendants', because I don't think that the system is based upon signs rising over the eastern horizon. I am not even sure that Chinese astrology has anything to do with stars and planets, meaning that it is not 'astrology' as such. Then again, I know little about it and I may be wrong.

Beth,

I will search for an interesting site for some detailed information and post you the link.

Shimmy26

Try http://www.acumind.com/. I still talk to Pam Powers a little bit, via email, and I bought her book not too long ago, Chinese Power Animals. There is an animal for the year you were born, the month, the hour, and the minute, according to her book.

Humanitarian

Yes. In Thailand they have a cat rather than a rabbit. So you are a water-cat and I a water-dog. Complementary opposites I suppose.

I agree, this is how I feel. Perhaps if we could read Chinese we would find much more info on the net.

I'm not sure if the animal rulers of the hours of the day can be considered 'Ascendants', because I don't think that the system is based upon signs rising over the eastern horizon. I am not even sure that Chinese astrology has anything to do with stars and planets, meaning that it is not 'astrology' as such. Then again, I know little about it and I may be wrong.

Beth,

I will search for an interesting site for some detailed information and post you the link.

Actually, Chinese Astrology system Zi Wei Dou Shu use configurations of fixed stars in 2 constellations Ursa Major and Sagittarius