Can't sleep/eat thinking about it, PLEASE help with this chart!

Hi everyone. I'm new to horary techniques but I've made an attempt.

Here's the situation:
I'm a libra, he's (VERY) capricorn. We met at university doing literature. We were distant friends for a about a year then we gradually grew closer. I've developed serious feelings for him and I think he might like me. Uni is over now and we don't see each other very often as we live in different towns (close though), but he still invites me to the theatre, drinks etc. I'm sure he likes me and he probably knows I like him too. I don't think he'd initiate anything though, he's very reserved. Synastry also seemed to point that I'd need to make it blatantly clear that I like him to make him feel secure, but I don't want to risk damaging our friendship if he's just not interested. I'm more 'out there' anyway (libra sun, asc in aq, mars in gem, nept/uran/nep 11th H, etc) but still...

I'm going abroad - reallly far away - for a few months and he was adamant that he'll come and see me. He's not the adventurous type so I thought this was quite telling.
Also, he's older - 32, I'm 21.

QUESTION: "are we going to be together romantically/as a couple etc?"

Someone has been kind enough to read the chart (below), and mentioned that there's a possibility even though there are obstacles, including geographical distance.
And I was wondering:
Is Mercury significant here at all? It's not a signifier but it's there and our relationship is strongly characterised by all sorts of communication/art (Fall in Leo though). I'm not too sure what to do with Mars either (have some conjectures but suspect they're probably mistaken), could it be his second signifier? The sign/house positions look almost exactly like my natal chart, is that significant at all?

There are a few things in my natal chart as well that point to the possibility of a significant relationship with an older man but it might be wishful thinking, I don't know. The horary chart doesn't seem that optimistic.

I'd appreciate any comments/advice.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Birth chart.jpg
    Birth chart.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 36
  • secondary.jpg
    secondary.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 26
  • his.jpg
    his.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
. ..with a net -1 testimony, indications (weak indications) are that you and he will probably not be together as a couple, over the next few months (after which time the situation could change-this possible change in the future MIGHT be indicated by the Moon being in your signifying house, Pisces, and flowing toward both significators)

Thank you very much for your answer!

Last edited:

Anachiel

Sure but, the ASC is actually 11 Aquarius 57 from what I can tell.....

Could someone else confirm this for me as we have some discrepancy as to the correct chart.

Your time zone is BST, right?

Sure but, the ASC is actually 11 Aquarius 57 from what I can tell.....

Could someone else confirm this for me as we have some discrepancy as to the correct chart.

Your time zone is BST, right?

That's right, BST. I used this software called 'Horary Helper', is it reliable? thanks!

Last edited:

Anachiel

Horary Helper (by Allen Edwall, I believe) is great! However, if you are on BST then the zone is actually -01.00 giving you an Aquarius ASC. I'll try to post a chart in a second here and take a look. Just needed to confirm you were on BST.

Anachiel

OK, here we go:

picture.php

So, there you are signifed by Saturn and he is signified by the Sun. The Sun and Saturn apply to each other and they are both strong but, not in good houses. So, to me, this exactly describes what you said about the long distance being an issue.

You see, the Sun and Saturn do meet but, it is with difficulty. There are obsitcles to your being together as described by the square aspect. So, you'll both have to be ready to face and overcome that.

The Moon echos the same thing because, the Moon applies to Venus out of good houses but, with a square and neither one is particularly strong, right now. Venus also rules the 3rd of journeys and visiting so, again the chart is telling us this long distance between you two will be a challenge to get through to maintain your contact with each other, probably moreso for you.

In short, yes, you can be together but, travel and visiting will be an issue that needs to be addressed between you both.

OK, here we go:

picture.php

So, there you are signifed by Saturn and he is signified by the Sun. The Sun and Saturn apply to each other and they are both strong but, not in good houses. So, to me, this exactly describes what you said about the long distance being an issue.

You see, the Sun and Saturn do meet but, it is with difficulty. There are obsitcles to your being together as described by the square aspect. So, you'll both have to be ready to face and overcome that.

The Moon echos the same thing because, the Moon applies to Venus out of good houses but, with a square and neither one is particularly strong, right now. Venus also rules the 3rd of journeys and visiting so, again the chart is telling us this long distance between you two will be a challenge to get through to maintain your contact with each other, probably moreso for you.

In short, yes, you can be together but, travel and visiting will be an issue that needs to be addressed between you both.

Thanks a lot this is so helpful, and a full on lesson as well!!!

Silly silly me about the time zone - I guess Saturn in 7th was there to warn me, huh?

What upset me so much about this is that we've grown very close and I feel like we could learn enormous amounts from each other. Even as friends. I was worried I might have to stop seeing him because it gets too hard being so close to someone and not being able to tell them how you feel. Maybe I should relax a little and focus on the friendship for now.
As the moon suggested in the wrong chart, (if it counts?) I'm very over-emotional at the moment. Thank goodness for all you super kind astrologers!

Anachiel

Silly silly me about the time zone - I guess Saturn in 7th was there to warn me, huh?

First, you are welcome.

Second, yes, that makes me laugh about the Saturn in the 7th comment. Indeed, those pesky considerations before judgement are valuable lessons for us all.

I think you hit the nail right on the head with your statement about relaxing a little and enjoying the friendship....most wise! in that you will both benefit more from the process than the expectations. blessings.

dr. farr

The chart which I delineated is NOT the chart now posted: which is the correct chart, or better yet, what was the actual clock time, date and place where this question was asked??

The chart which I delineated is NOT the chart now posted: which is the correct chart, or better yet, what was the actual clock time, date and place where this question was asked??

Dr. Farr many apologies for my blunder. I neglected to adjust the time zone to BST on that first one. Your reading was still very useful, however, as I learned much from it!
The correct data is:
7/7/2012
22:25
BST
London
51 32N
0 5W

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary and uses whole sign house format)
On astro.com the free horoscope chart erection program automatically corrects to standard time-so I am assuming that the actual clock time for this question (using current summer time/daylight savings time) was 11:25 (pm)-based on this entry (which astro.com corrected automatically to 22:25 BST in erecting the chart), then:

-I'll use the Part of Lovers (mars+venus-5th house cusp) to delineate this question

-POL falls @ 29 Leo
-querent = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter
-quesited (him) = 7th house = Virgo = Mercury
-Moon = querent's co-significator
-POL is in the cadent 6th house = - testimony
-Mercury flows toward conjunction with the POL = + testimony
-Jupiter flows toward the POL = + testimony
-Moon flows toward both Jupiter and Mercury, as well as toward the POL = + testimony
-Sun = significator of the POL: Sun flows toward the POL and is conjunct (applying to conjunction) with the Part of Fortune = + testimony
-querent (Jupiter) is in detriment in Gemini = - testimony
-querent (Jupiter) is conjunct the disruptive South Node = - testimony

Results:
Positive = +4 testimonies
Negative = -3 testimonies
Net = +1 testimony

...with a net +1, indications are mildly favorable for you and he being together romantically (as a couple)-a "possibly yes" answer to your question.
The potential obstacles/problems to this favorable situation actually happening, come from YOU: note that it is YOUR significator, Jupiter, which is detrimented by sign, and afflicted by the close conjunction to the South Node...

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary and uses whole sign house format)
On astro.com the free horoscope chart erection program automatically corrects to standard time-so I am assuming that the actual clock time for this question (using current summer time/daylight savings time) was 11:25 (pm)-based on this entry (which astro.com corrected automatically to 22:25 BST in erecting the chart), then:

-I'll use the Part of Lovers (mars+venus-5th house cusp) to delineate this question

-POL falls @ 29 Leo
-querent = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter
-quesited (him) = 7th house = Virgo = Mercury
-Moon = querent's co-significator
-POL is in the cadent 6th house = - testimony
-Mercury flows toward conjunction with the POL = + testimony
-Jupiter flows toward the POL = + testimony
-Moon flows toward both Jupiter and Mercury, as well as toward the POL = + testimony
-Sun = significator of the POL: Sun flows toward the POL and is conjunct (applying to conjunction) with the Part of Fortune = + testimony
-querent (Jupiter) is in detriment in Gemini = - testimony
-querent (Jupiter) is conjunct the disruptive South Node = - testimony

Results:
Positive = +4 testimonies
Negative = -3 testimonies
Net = +1 testimony

...with a net +1, indications are mildly favorable for you and he being together romantically (as a couple)-a "possibly yes" answer to your question.
The potential obstacles/problems to this favorable situation actually happening, come from YOU: note that it is YOUR significator, Jupiter, which is detrimented by sign, and afflicted by the close conjunction to the South Node...

Much appreciated, and I'll start looking at 'Part of -----' from now on, as I've read a response from you on another question that applied something similar, very interesting.
I also find it very interesting that I'm an obstacle//problem! I can see why that might be the case, since I'm rubbish at controlling my emotions and trusting people, and sustaining long term relationships... do you get any clues from the chart as to what kind of thing it might be that I should avoid doing so I don't mess this up? I just always think that people are gonna sc**w me over even when they have the best of intentions :/

dr. farr

Yes, since you are Jupiter in the horary, Jupiter is afflicted by the sign Gemiini (Jupiter's detriment) and by the South Node: Jupiter can have to do with trust, with having an open heart, with faith (all kinds of faith, including faith in others, faith in human nature): now, negative qualities of Gemini include fickleness, shifting emotional states, tendency to lack of commitment: and the South Node!! Chaos, suspicion, absolute LACK of trust (pretty much in everything), an intense degree of skepticism and pessimism (moreso even than negative Saturn has!!)---so, from the chart, your need is for you to be like a + Jupiter and to avoid the negative/disruptive qualities connected with the "wrong side" of Gemini, and, most of all, to prevent the Dragon's Tail from subverting your Jupiter!

... Jupiter can have to do with trust, with having an open heart, with faith (all kinds of faith, including faith in others, faith in human nature)... shifting emotional states, tendency to lack of commitment... an intense degree of skepticism and pessimism...

I'm used to astrology being spot on but it never ceases to amaze me. I DO experience all the problems you mentioned, DR FARR. We spent the day together a couple of days ago. He's very affectionate in his manner and acts but WILL NOT say anything about it. I said I've been missing him a lot and he stared at me and said 'I've been missing people too, I'm just not very good with feelings Sophie' and I don't know how long I can wait around till he does something about this. Yes, I'm impatient by nature. But he's ridiculously reserved, SO capricornian that it hurts. I'm not used to this at all! I think I'm in L*** with him and it's awful, I just have no faith, I will NOT believe he's in this too unless he says something. Am I being that unreasonable?!

Last edited:

dr. farr

Well then that is the question. isn't it:
"Is there something here in my relationship with X that is worth waiting for?"...

Well then that is the question. isn't it:
"Is there something here in my relationship with X that is worth waiting for?"...

Should I try to clear my mind a little and ask again?
HE is worth waiting for IF he wants the same things - but I thought asking 'does he like me?' would be too simplistic here, I know that he does.

ps I've attached my birth chart, progression, and his information if that's any help. My birth chart indicates that relationships are going to be a major source of suffering in my life I reckon.

Last edited:

dr. farr

YOU must decide upon what YOU really (actually) want to know, for the horary to be a valid one: clear your head, decide what you really NEED to know, and then frame that question.