'Inherited' planetary aspect...

helike13

Hello!

I have Mars-Saturn conjunction in my chart.

My father has it also in Virgo.

I have a brother same father different mother. He has it in Leo.

But these are all direct.

Mine are Rx :(

Mars Rx conjuncts Saturn Rx in Scorpio in 5th house.

What do these inherited placements foretell/mean?

JUPITERASC

Hello!
[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]
because
generalisation is fun but unreliable

there is a family astrological patterns discussion thread
has interesting multiple postings
of "Family astrological DNA connections"
at h https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=430044#post430044
example from that thread is:

Hi, I just saw this interesting thread,
so I would like to contribute too, with what I have available as data.
I should start with my parents and myself.
They don't know their birth times, so I look only at planets.

My father and I
-His Sun is in Aquarius and so is mine.
-His Moon is in Capricorn and my IC cusp is also in Capricorn.
-His Mercury is in Aquarius and so is mine.
-His Mars and his Saturn are in Pisces and so is my Venus(ruler of my ascendant).

My mother and I
-Her Sun and Mercury are in Cancer and so is my MC.
-Her Jupiter is in Capricorn as is my IC.

My brother and my father
-His Mars is in Aquarius as are my father's Sun and Mercury.

My brother and my mother
-His Sun and Venus are in Cancer as are my mother's Sun and Mercury.
-His Mercury is in Leo as is my mother's Venus.
-His Saturn is in Gemini as are my mother's Moon and Mars.(The conjunction of Saturn and Moon is absolutely exact as well!)

(We have always been 2 by 2 in this house, me and dad, my brother and mum.
With this thread, you have given me the opportunity
to understand why! Thank you!)
Let's go on, though!

Me and my daughter
-My Sun and Mercury are in Aquarius as is my daughter's Moon.
-Both our Marses are in Scorpio.
-Her IC is in Pisces as is my Venus.
(The cusp of my 5th is in Aquarius as is her Moon
but I'm not sure that that helps you)

My husband and my daughter
-His Sun is in Saggitarius as is her Ascendant
(and in close conjunction too).
-His Moon and Mercury are in Scorpio as is her Mars.
-His Jupiter is in Virgo as are her Sun and MC.

I don't have my husband's birth time either, s
o I don't know his angles.

I hope all this is useful to you!

It sure was to me to write it out,

a lot of things make sense now.
DNA shows in charts, that's for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

ElenaJ

Hello!

This is quite common in families. Mine, for example, has mercury/uranus contacts in each of our charts. That's why family ties tend to be karmic.

waybread

I agree that certain planetary signatures tend to run in families. Mine has a lot of sun-Pluto contacts over 5 generations.

conspiracy theorist

In my family, all my parents children have 4+ planet stelliums. Sun-Pluto aspects (except for father) , Moon-Mars aspects (except for father, but he has a Scorpio Moon) and Mercury-Saturn (except for my father, and a brother has Mercury in Capricorn that emphasizes this pattern) aspects are all in the immediate family.

Humanitarian

Inherited aspects DO exist, as my dad and me both have a Mercury-Pluto conjunction in cardinal signs, and my dad, my grandmother and me all have Juno in Pisces, except my mom, who has Juno in Capricorn. My dad and me both have the same Lilith in Aquarius, and my dad's relationship with me (and vice versa) is way better than my relationship with other family members.

conspiracy theorist

In my family, all my parents children have 4+ planet stelliums. Sun-Pluto aspects (except for father) , Moon-Mars aspects (except for father, but he has a Scorpio Moon) and Mercury-Saturn (except for my father, and a brother has Mercury in Capricorn that emphasizes this pattern) aspects are all in the immediate family.

Funny update to this. My uncle has a long term girlfriend who has become a real member of the family. Her child has Sun conjunct Pluto in Capricorn

Humanitarian

Inherited aspects DO exist, as my dad and me both have a Mercury-Pluto conjunction in cardinal signs, and my dad, my grandmother and me all have Juno in Pisces, except my mom, who has Juno in Capricorn. My dad and me both have the same Lilith in Aquarius, and my dad's relationship with me (and vice versa) is way better than my relationship with other family members.
Oh, and my step-mom, maternal grandfather, maternal grandmother, paternal grandmother, half-brother, and me all have Moon in air signs (mine is in Libra, 2 in Gemini, 3 in Aquarius), and my mother, my sister, my father all have Moon in water signs (2 Pisces Moons, 1 Cancer Moon, which is my dad's Moon).

MarsUranus

My father has Moon Square Saturn, I have Sun opposite Saturn and the ruler of my Sun is the Moon but trine Saturn.
Father has Pluto conjunct North Node in Virgo with a Venus in Scorpio, I have Pluto in Scorpio in 8th trine Jupiter, Sun and opposite Moon.
My father has Jupiter in Sagittarius, I have Jupiter in Cancer.

My mother has a Gemini Moon with a Cancer Sun, Venus in Leo and Cancer Mercury, I have a Venus in Gemini with a Cancer Sun and Leo Mercury.

My mother has South Node in Scorpio, My Pluto is conjunct her South Node and my Moon on her North Node. I was an unexpected mistake, I was a child who was born through selfish parents, I have a Leo South Node and to move from this South Node energy I had to understand my mother and father better and find clarity so I could free myself from the ties whilst also fulfilling the ideals of my own self. I am sure this was the mission of Mercury in Leo conjunct the South Node.

The Mercury - Moon - Pluto t-square is powerful in my chart as it meant transformation on the mental plane of thought, and restructuring how I do things mentally as Mercury is also in aspect to Mars and so much of my life was dominated by this configuration until I learned to understand them then let it go and understand we all die.

Death has to happen even if metaphorically. I am the urge of what nature demands, I understand my place.

I have a connection to an outside world most of humanity is cut off to, but not all, I am alone there but it is freeing, it is aid to give guidance in this life time as reliance on total self would have meant disaster.

My wife also believes I am an angel sent from heaven, I think she is beautiful... even if it is just fantasy or something only she see's, I have to tell Mercury in my head to shut the F up and let it ride and allow myself to be loved.

Last edited:

MarsUranus

How does this work out between the two of you?
I saw all of the hidden emotional power games between her and my father and both would end up disabled later in life for real, my father is diabetic and lost his leg and is wheel chair bound, he was lazy throughout his life and expected my mother to slave after him whilst he sat around doing nothing.

On her she succumbed to some things, she ended up joining in on the violence against us children but there was always an instilled love from her that we all got, she tried she kept her side of the bargain but did falter, my brother is a Capricorn who is my opposite with autism, he looks after my father and my mother gets carers throughout the day, she gets a TV to herself, and she lost of half of her mind (surgically removed) due to a blood clot. So half paralyzed and cannot speak, reduced to emotive communication. My brother acts as a mirror to my father because of his autism he is hard work to communicate with but it is because of an inherent difference in mind, my fathers is stemmed from hatred and difficult because he is so self obsessed and always sure he is right.

I believe both had children to make money because back then it was endorsed that if you have a family you will be supported and you will be helped to get work, my father never kept the side of the bargain, my mother never let go of the relationship and so their selfishness would end in self destruction nearly taking all of us with them. If it adds anything I have Moon and Mars in Taurus and money is a big thing in general the massive fights over money was horrendous.

I would exact revenge on the father in showing him his ways and reporting him publicly to everyone, he is still a sexist and unable to change person but he hides and is not at all confident in overpowering others anymore and Saturn in Capricorn which me my brother and my father share got back at him and ensured he got what he wanted out of life, a seat for his butt and with that the body will do what it does when it is left to nothing. But I never let him rot, I tried to give a fair hand.

He is a random you may see answering to videos on Youtube which are segregated between the sexes and he treats women as women, not individuals.
although in person he is weak to the charm of a woman and the push back.

Something between him and my mother... he took advantage of. Her Saturn in Aries most likely expected him to be the father which opposed his Sun in Libra.

It was me who introduced both my parents to the digital age and world, I built the computer my father uses etc, which I don't know what condition it is in now though... My brother keeps things ordered.. as much as he can, he is a Virgo South Node. My father is a Pisces South Node.

I have Moon and Mars trine Uranus.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Your moon opposing Pluto usually describes a very controlling mother.
With this opposition sitting on her Nodes, you two are very much bound together karmically.
The SN energy ebbs, so that compulsion of Pluto over time would diminish, while NN increases, so ythe emotional rapport between you two would develop significantly.

Something between him and my mother... he took advantage of.
NN/moon is very protective.
I have Moon and Mars trine Uranus.
You were able to give her freedom.

Her Saturn in Aries most likely expected him to be the father which opposed his Sun in Libra.
In reality, her Saturn managed to keep him under control.

Osamenor

Staff member
Three members of my immediate family - myself, my mother, and my brother - have natal Venus retrograde. Overall, only about 7% of the population was born during a Venus retrograde.

I also find it interesting that all the women in my immediate family of origin - mom, me, and my sister - have Venus in fall or detriment, though no two in the same sign, and my sister's Venus is direct. Virgo for me, Scorpio for my sister, and Aries for my mom.

ElenaJ

Three members of my immediate family - myself, my mother, and my brother - have natal Venus retrograde. Overall, only about 7% of the population was born during a Venus retrograde.

I also find it interesting that all the women in my immediate family of origin - mom, me, and my sister - have Venus in fall or detriment, though no two in the same sign, and my sister's Venus is direct. Virgo for me, Scorpio for my sister, and Aries for my mom.
Are the Venuses in each natal chart aspected?

Osamenor

Staff member
Are the Venuses in each natal chart aspected?

All of them are conjunct at least one other natal planet, though in my sister's case, Venus is separating from the conjunction and has no other aspects within orb. My brother has a trine between his Venus and Mars. I have a tight square between my Venus and Neptune and a wide orb square between Venus and Moon.

Osamenor

Staff member
What are the chances of a natal chart having Venus conjunct another planet?

High, if the other planet is Mercury or Sun. Decent if it's another planet. In most of these cases, Sun or Mercury is involved. I have Venus and Mercury conjunct, my brother has Venus conjunct Sun (almost cazimi but not quite), and my mom has Venus in a tight triple conjunction with Sun and Mercury, Venus being the sandwiched planet.

My sister is the exception. Her Venus is in a triple conjunction with Uranus and Mars, and not very tightly orbed at that.

waybread

Right. Roughly speaking, Mercury is never more than 28 degrees from the sun. Venus, not more than 48 degrees. So chances of a Venus conjunction with the sun or Mercury are higher than with other planets.

Humanitarian

All of my immediate family's Venuses are all in the same sign with their sun (mine, my mom's Venus has a conjunction with Sun in Sagittarius, my dad's Venus is in the same sign as his Sun in Virgo, my grandma's Venus is in a Scorpio stellium with Neptune, Venus, Mercury and Sun).

JUPITERASC

Hello! I have Mars-Saturn conjunction in my chart. My father has it also in Virgo.
I have a brother same father different mother. He has it in Leo. But these are all direct. Mine are Rx :(
Mars Rx conjuncts Saturn Rx in Scorpio in 5th house. What do these inherited placements foretell/mean?

Mars Saturn Conjunction - Clash of the Titans :)