Capricorn 24: A woman entering a convent

sdh3

Part I

The Sabian Symbol for Capricorn 24 is "A woman entering a convent."

Before discussing the interpretation and current importance of this symbol, I'll make note of the many conjunctions at and transits to this particular degree over the last 15 months, as well as the the coming six months.

March 2019
* On or about Sunday, March 31st, 2019, Pluto reached 23CP00.

April 2019
* On Friday, April 19, Pluto stationed at 23CP09

May-October 2019
* On Wednesday, May 1, Pluto went retrograde at 23CP08
* On Monday May 20, 2019 Pluto retrorgrade left this degree and continued retrograde until October 2019 when it went direct again.

December 2019
*On December 15, 2019, Venus passed quickly through this degree

January-February 2020
*On Monday, January 13, 2020, Mercury passed through this degree
*On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, the Sun passed through this degree
*On Wednesday, January 15, 2020, Saturn entered this degree and it stayed there until Thursday, January 23.
* On Monday, January 20, 2020, Pluto (now direct) re-entered this position
* Pluto continued moving direct through this degree until Thursday, February 20th.

March 2020
* Mars passed through this position on Saturday March 20 and Sunday March 21, 2020.
*Jupiter was there between Sunday March 22 and Saturday March 28th, 2020.

July-August 2020
*Jupiter is currently retrograde and will re-enter this degree on Thursday July 2 and leave again on Thursday July 9th.

* Pluto is current retrograde and will re-enter this degree on Sunday July 5 and remain there until Tuesday August 18th.

November-December 2020
* Jupiter will pass direct through this position again beginning November 14 and ending November 19.

*Pluto re-enters (direct) the next day, November 20 and doesn't leave until December 26th, 2020.

Recap
To recap, every planet except Neptune and Uranus pass through this point between March 2019 and December 2020. Notably, Neptune is currently at 20 Pisces and is, thus, sextile that point. Uranus is now at 7 Taurus and thus broadly trining it.

sdh3

Capricorn 24: A woman entering a convent, Pt. 2

Part 2

Above I showed the dates of the many conjunctions at and transits to CP 24 (A Woman entering a convent).

Recall that Jupiter will be at 23CP between July 2-9 and Pluto there between July 5 and August 17.

Here's one reason why I think this is important.

These dates coincide with the original and re-scheduled Democratic National Convention. According the Wikipedia. the convention was originally scheduled for July 13-16 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Recall that this is a traditionally "blue" state which Mrs. Clinton surprisingly lost in 2016. Not anxious to have this happen again, the Democratic National Committee, selected Wisconsin as the location for the 2020 convention. Due to the Covid pandemic, the DNC decided several weeks ago to move the dates of the 2020 convention to August 17-20.

Thus, original dates would have occurred with Jupiter and Pluto within a degree of each other--one just having left 23CP and the other one being right on that position. But assuming the new date holds, then the convention will occur with Pluto at 23CP and Jupiter about 4-5 degree away (around 18-19CP).

Jupiter is, of course, associated with the law--jurisprudence, the judiciary, and judges. According the Cafe Astrology, Pluto represents "endings and new beginnings, as well as spiritual growth and rebirth. Negative expression of Pluto is an obsessive desire for power and control and general destructiveness." Capricorn is, among other things, ambitious, practical, and determined.

In Part 3 I'll try to explain a bit about what I think this all portends.

sdh3

Part 3

To recap:

* The Sabian Symbol for 23CP or Capricorn 24 is "A woman entering a convent."
* Lots of transits to and conjunctions at 23CP in the last 15 months and the next six
* Transits of Jupiter and Pluto to this degree, as well as there conjunction there, coincide with dates of the Democratic National Convention.

As all Americans here of voting age are acutely aware, the political parties usually officially announces the Vice Presidential (VP) pick in the run up to their convention. Usually that means a few weeks in advance. Thus, it is not surprising that Joe Biden, the Democrat party's nominee for President, has not yet announced who he wants for the VP slot. But he has given some very important information concerning his choice. Months ago he committed to having a woman as his VP and very likely (but not assuredly) a "woman of color." For any of you reading this from outside the USA, that terms is typically understood to mean a woman of black or African American, Hispanic, Asian, or Native American descent.

As is common in every election year, speculation is rife concerning Biden's choice. Last week, the Washington Post published an article with the title "The 11 most logical picks for Joe Biden’s vice president, ranked." Several other major newspapers and news outlets have published similar stories and, I think, will continue to do so right up until the time the choice is made.

The eleven women that WaPo identified are listed below. The "*" after a name is used to indicated a "woman of color."

11. Michelle Lujan Grisham*
10. Susan E. Rice*
9. Tammy Duckworth
8. Stacey Abrams *
7. Keisha Lance Bottoms*
6. Val Demings*
5. Amy Klobuchar
4. Tammy Baldwin
3. Gretchen Whitmer
2. Elizabeth Warren
1. Kamala D. Harris*

While I have yet to find, let alone examine, the birth charts of these eleven women, there is one thing quite noteworthy about Harris' chart which I obtained here https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Kamala_Harris

This chart lists her birth date as October 29, 1964 at 9:28 PM in Oakland California. As many know Harris is the junior senator from California and previously the state's Attorney General, the top prosecutor in the state. her heritage is mixed race--Black or African American father and mother from India (southeast Asia).

Notably, the chart places her natal Jupiter (retrograde) at 24TA00. Within fewer than four minutes after her recorded birth time, Jupiter was at 23TA59. Either way, we can say that she has trine with 23CP with an orb of far less than one degree. The Sabian symbol for 23TA or Taurus 24 is "A mounted Indian with scalp locks" while that for 24TA or Taurus 25 is "A large, well-kept public park."

And here's something from Biden's chart:

His natal Jupiter is at 25CN08 which opposes 23CP with a less than 2-degree orb. The Sabian Symbol for his natal Jupiter is "Contentment and happiness in luxury, people reading on davenports." A "davenport" is a word used in the last century for what we now call a sofa or chaise lounge.

If anyone else wants to check the charts of other contenders for the VP slot, I'd be glad to know what you find.

And now one final word about the interpretation--which you may have already guessed. My approach is based in linguistics and, to summarize shortly, I use modifications of the keywords in my analysis. Thus, in this case, the word "convention" which is derived from the same root as "convent" is equally applicable in understanding this symbol's importance.

I'm thankful for any feedback or additional insights that any of you may have to what has been presented here.

Chrysalis

24TH DEGREE OF CAPRICORN (23°- 24°)

True life-satisfaction is beyond us until we find something to make sacred
(1)When a person enters any secluded environment it is in order to place firmer limits upon their exposure to sensory stimuli. A convent is designed for such a purpose because the mind often becomes less troubled when in prison cells or prayer cells.
The mind is a complex thing and is so easily distracted that it rarely knows peace. Those who learn meditation and prayer are first and foremost learning to control the restless mind. This enables a different kind of dialogue wherein the self is seen as a third party. We become able to review who we are and what we are doing and thinking.
We find on retreat that life-satisfaction is beyond our reach unless and until we find allegiance with something of greater consequence than our selfish concerns.
(2)We need to be challenged on a fundamental level before we can ever find a cause, a being or a set of values to stir us at the necessary depth. It first seems as though we are so challenged by people and circumstances, yet this is not a deep enough perception. It is we who challenge ourselves; no other assessment has any lasting relevance.
Until we consecrate our lives, we do not have access to sacredness. Passing through the gate of sacredness is how we sanctify all and everything. Before this passage, no matter what we do, we are always somewhat empty. After, we always default to the condition of completeness.
The self is only ever a shadowy echo of All-Self; we are insignificant before God.
Yet what eventually gives us significance – supreme, eternally valid and enduring – is to come to know the transcendental state of being not-separate. When we lose self we find Self. (3)The false self is the mask that covers the Truth that being nothing is being everything.

(1) To me, this sounds like more oppression coming to the human race. "Firmer limits upon their exposure to sensory stimuli" our freedom of speech is being suppressed.

(2)Protests, riots, defacing of historical statues.

(3)Mandatory face masks, which are to silence us.

sdh3

Re: Capricorn 24: A woman entering a convent(ion)

Part 4

Well no sooner had I finished these posts then the Biden campaign announced that it has shortened its list of likely Vice President picks. According to several sources, the remaining six women under consideration are those shown below. Although they are not ranked in the current slate of articles, I preserved below the rankings from the Washington Post article referenced above and added their dates of birth in parentheses.

11. Michelle Lujan Grisham* (October 24, 1959)
10. Susan E. Rice* (November 17, 1964), birth chart
7. Keisha Lance Bottoms* (January 18, 1970)
6. Val Demings* (March 12, 1957)
2. Elizabeth Warren (June 22, 1949) birth chart
1. Kamala D. Harris* (October 20, 1964) birth chart

In the next installment I'll comment on planets or other factors in their charts in relation to 23CP--A woman entering a convent(ion).

CapAquaPis

When Jupiter/Saturn/Pluto is in 24' Capricorn opposite 24' Cancer sun around July 15th, expect Biden to pick his woman "entering a convent" he chose to be his running mate, and he's certain she'll be also a person of color: Kamala Harris of African-American or Jamaican and Asian or Indian descent has the highest likelihood of everyone listed.

Note the DNC in Milwaukee WI was moved to late Aug., around the same time the RNC relocated from Charlotte NC to Jacksonville FL in Trump's legal residence state. Trump restarted his public campaign rallies today in Tulsa OK and I know it's not going well. On the summer solstice weekend with an annular solar eclipse...Trump in Tulsa means trouble.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
24TH DEGREE OF CAPRICORN (23°- 24°)

True life-satisfaction is beyond us until we find something to make sacred
(1)When a person enters any secluded environment it is in order to place firmer limits upon their exposure to sensory stimuli. A convent is designed for such a purpose because the mind often becomes less troubled when in prison cells or prayer cells.
The mind is a complex thing and is so easily distracted that it rarely knows peace. Those who learn meditation and prayer are first and foremost learning to control the restless mind. This enables a different kind of dialogue wherein the self is seen as a third party. We become able to review who we are and what we are doing and thinking.
We find on retreat that life-satisfaction is beyond our reach unless and until we find allegiance with something of greater consequence than our selfish concerns.
(2)We need to be challenged on a fundamental level before we can ever find a cause, a being or a set of values to stir us at the necessary depth. It first seems as though we are so challenged by people and circumstances, yet this is not a deep enough perception. It is we who challenge ourselves; no other assessment has any lasting relevance.
Until we consecrate our lives, we do not have access to sacredness. Passing through the gate of sacredness is how we sanctify all and everything. Before this passage, no matter what we do, we are always somewhat empty. After, we always default to the condition of completeness.
The self is only ever a shadowy echo of All-Self; we are insignificant before God.
Yet what eventually gives us significance – supreme, eternally valid and enduring – is to come to know the transcendental state of being not-separate. When we lose self we find Self. (3)The false self is the mask that covers the Truth that being nothing is being everything.

(1) To me, this sounds like more oppression coming to the human race. "Firmer limits upon their exposure to sensory stimuli" our freedom of speech is being suppressed.

(2)Protests, riots, defacing of historical statues.

(3)Mandatory face masks, which are to silence us.

Insightful post. Reads true, to our Covid time.

CapAquaPis

Pluto is in 24' Capricorn right now, but wait until it's on 27' Capricorn in 2022-23, the exact degrees where the planet was in the declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The US constitution was suspended once in the Civil war, 1861-65 under Abraham Lincoln (the Union), the 16th president and there was wartime restrictions in WWII, 1941-45 under FDR, the 32nd (31st person). Will we have a suspension or restriction of the US constitution under a future 46th (45th person) president in the 2021-23 time period?

CapAquaPis

https://imgur.com/MnAi630

A question for CapAquaPis

:smile:

Capricorn 24 becomes what sign and degree in which sidereal system?
Fagan/Bradley?
Suryasiddhanta?
Lahiri?
Sassanian?

https://imgur.com/DhJ1OkL

In sidereal, it'll be 30' Sagittarius/0' Capricorn - the winter solstice in tropical, another meaning is discovered. Capricorn 24 in sidereal is on the solar date of Feb. 7th, oddly the birthday of Ronald Reagan and in my mind, I pictured his wife, Nancy, an amateur astrologer to played a role in Reagan's political career. She's a Cancer (Gemini in sidereal) who could get along well with Aquarians or I guess, Capricorns, a supportive spouse and a partner in his political career.