Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 11-16-2016, 05:48 PM

Smile Astrology on Moon or Mars?

Hello

I passed by this website having recently reminisced about my younger days when I tried to learn the basics of astrology. In those days there were no computers and so the process for calculating and adjusting a chart were very hard for me. I have a memory problem and so you can imagine it was a struggle.

I also came to pose a question that was not mentioned at all in those days but which is probably all settled in astrology today and that is the question of the characteristics of the Earth as a planet in someone's chart. I am referring of course to the likelihood that someone might be born, hundreds of years hence, on a colony on the Moon or on Mars. Back in the day when I was making such a poor job of drawing charts I was too busy trying to remember numbers and divide by 60 to think of much else.

I might not be a regular but I will have the odd question now and then.

- Cloudyday.

Last edited by wilsontc; 11-17-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Unread 11-17-2016, 05:33 PM

Exclamation Re: Astrology on Moon or Mars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudyday View Post
I also came to pose a question that was not mentioned at all in those days but which is probably all settled in astrology today and that is the question of the characteristics of the Earth as a planet in someone's chart.
I think this is far from a settled matter. I've heard speculation about it and bits from esoteric astrology but I've got no real ideas. Your "Earth" sign is supposed to be opposite your Sun sign, and some claim it is ruled by Taurus.
Unread 11-18-2016, 03:35 PM

Re: Astrology on Moon or Mars?

Thank you, Sybylline,

I would to think that if a person was born on another planet then the Earth might be the planet representing Memory. Therefore Earth in Aquarius might contribute to the idea of a highly original and exploratory memory, though perhaps an idealised attitude to their past. Earth in Leo would perhaps indicate someone who gave their past a strongly egocentric tinge, being understood simply by their own contributions, yet also a past where failures would loom large. Earth in Taurus would be interesting because it might suggest a memory that was reduced in importance, given that Taurus is a sign for childlike optimism and caprice, yet also the Earth in this sign might suggest a memory dominated by childhood.

The idea of an ascendant would be interesting on Uranus, which I believe spins on its side, but that would lead to an understanding of a different astrology in that one case and that gave the other planets a different role or even an absence, which would make sense given that the myth of Uranus has it that Uranus ate his own children to forbid them power.

I don't think anyone will be born away from the Earth in my lifetime, given that I'm getting on a bit in years, but I would like to think that the extra-terrestrial astrology will help to preserve individuality, since the idea that everyone in space should be a scientist is like saying that everyone who swims in the sea should be in the navy. I think there will be many people with many traditions there, astrology being just one of them.
Unread 11-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudyday View Post
Thank you, Sybylline,

I would to think that if a person was born on another planet then the Earth might be the planet representing Memory. Therefore Earth in Aquarius might contribute to the idea of a highly original and exploratory memory, though perhaps an idealised attitude to their past. Earth in Leo would perhaps indicate someone who gave their past a strongly egocentric tinge, being understood simply by their own contributions, yet also a past where failures would loom large. Earth in Taurus would be interesting because it might suggest a memory that was reduced in importance, given that Taurus is a sign for childlike optimism and caprice, yet also the Earth in this sign might suggest a memory dominated by childhood.

The idea of an ascendant would be interesting on Uranus, which I believe spins on its side, but that would lead to an understanding of a different astrology in that one case and that gave the other planets a different role or even an absence, which would make sense given that the myth of Uranus has it that Uranus ate his own children to forbid them power.

I don't think anyone will be born away from the Earth in my lifetime, given that I'm getting on a bit in years, but I would like to think that the extra-terrestrial astrology will help to preserve individuality, since the idea that everyone in space should be a scientist is like saying that everyone who swims in the sea should be in the navy. I think there will be many people with many traditions there, astrology being just one of them.
Interesting speculation but one thing the scientists don't clarify or lie about is that currently it is impossible to travel to mars or live on the moon because space is filled with high energy cosmic rays. Space is a cosmic microwave oven. Anyone going to mars would arrive well done and dead. It would take a 7mile shield of lead to protect a spacecraft from cosmic rays. The same applies to the moon. Though I actually read a scientist recently mention this problem had to be worked out before colonization could occur. That was the first time I had ever heard this fact acknowledged. There is no existing technology to this problem, if there was the Fukushima reactors would have been cleaned up by now instead of continuing to kill off all life in the ocean.
rahu
Unread 11-18-2016, 06:27 PM

Re: Astrology on Moon or Mars?

Hi Rahu,

It's right what you say, the dreams of scientists are often strangely narrow. I think it's because they see themselves as people who start things then leave the rest to technologists. Thus, as we are told, Hiroshima and Nagasaki was nothing to do with them. Frying people in spacecraft will be conveniently forgotten once one half-fried individual makes it to Mars.

I've edited this entry down because I was going on for too long. I have Asperger's Syndrome and can drill people a little sometimes. I am a wistful astrologer who found the calculations very hard due to a memory problem but I learned many of the correspondences and features in depth (which is the nature of the condition.) I will have some questions that I'll pose now and then about aspects and positions that I never quite understood.

Last edited by Cloudyday; 11-19-2016 at 07:58 AM.

Tags
astrology, mars, moon