Indications of Homosexuality

icestar

I was just wondering that seriously the number of homosexuals are steadily rising as we are speaking. Being in an Asian country (which is surely more conservative/less open than the west), I see lesbians and gays often. So then back to astrology, what are the common indications of homosexuality? Uranus playing a part in the 7th house, or in aspect to Venus? Or issues of self-identity indicated in 1st house? How would the placement of Venus and Mars look like? I also read about Libra and Capricorn being important signs in such charts. Experts often say many teenagers experience same-sex crushes which would just fade over time - why so (common) in terms of Astrology? And what about relational horary questions? Can we still use Venus and Mars?

Just curious, i find this interesting. Any opinions or experiences? :D

Edit: I just saw this article about astrology being able to determine sexual leaning - thus showing homosexuality is inborn. Vedic astrologer Varahmihir writes, "if in an individual's horoscope the venus and saturn are aspected by each other and are in each other's navamsh then she will satisfy her passion with the person of the same sex acting as the opposite sex."

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzlcoatl

I believe everyone is basically bisexual. It's a continuum with people usually being attracted to one sex or the other to a greater degree. If you believe in re-incarnation then you accept that we tend to alternate between the male and the female in subsequent lives. We're all basically both.

If you see an explosion of outed gays it's a loosening of societal taboos that makes people want to experiment and to explore that side of themself.. Just give them the courtesy and respect they deserve in their pursuit of happiness, and every body will find the place where they feel happy.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Icestar,

<what are the common indications of homosexuality? Uranus playing a part in the 7th house, or in aspect to Venus?>

There have been long in depth discussions about this on the Board quite recently.Western astrology does not claim to be able to identify gender preference from a natal chart.

<Edit: I just saw this article about astrology being able to determine sexual leaning - thus showing homosexuality is inborn. Vedic astrologer Varahmihir writes, "if in an individual's horoscope the venus and saturn are aspected by each other and are in each other's navamsh then she will satisfy her passion with the person of the same sex acting as the opposite sex."

I have not heard of this before, but vedic astrology differs from western in many ways.Perhaps some of our vedic members could enlighten us here.
This question concerns me too:

As one's sexual preferences are a very private matter,perhaps its actually a good thing that it cant be categorically *seen* in a natal chart:In just the same way that a chart can't show other details of our sexuality.

Here's a link to another discussion on this topic.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10735

Cheers,
Lillyjgc

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Polo,
Re *mars-Neptune*.What aspect? what houses? what signs? I have literally hundreds of charts and very many have mars/neptune aspects.I can certainly say that mars/neptune aspects occur in the charts of both homosexual and heterosexual natives.But I'm very curious as to *where* you heard this.I've heard of venus/uranus aspects, moon/uranus aspects,mars in libra,...there are a lot of misleading rumours flying around out there.
Lillyjgc

Last edited:

Astrologer4U

I have been told from Astrologers that Mars in Aquarius, or Mars in Libra is an indicator. Mars in Aquarius could make a person more so open to trying
out/exploring homosexuality and Mars in Libra can make someone off balance an vunerable to homosexuality, if their presnt heterosexual relationship is a bit too rocky, or they just seem to have no balance or luck in a heterosexual relationhsip.

People with water signs are also susceptible to homosexual relationships if they are surounded in an enviroment of homosexual people. Water Signs absorb.

waybread

Astrologers disagree on this point, but from well-known astrologers like Steven Forrest with huge clienteles, the old Venus or Mars square Uranus stuff just doesn't hold up. I think it dates from a bygone era when gays and lesbians were shunned by straight society, so anyone known to be homosexual would be seen to express an unusual (Uranus) sexuality (Mars or Venus) in a problematic (square) way.

Moreover if you look at the stats in more open countries today for numbers of admitted same-sex oriented people, and compare it with the figures for natal Mars square (or challenging) Uranus, the figures just don't match. Many gays and lesbians don't have the aspects, and many straight people do.

Astrologer4U

waybread said:
Astrologers disagree on this point, but from well-known astrologers like Steven Forrest with huge clienteles, the old Venus or Mars square Uranus stuff just doesn't hold up. I think it dates from a bygone era when gays and lesbians were shunned by straight society, so anyone known to be homosexual would be seen to express an unusual (Uranus) sexuality (Mars or Venus) in a problematic (square) way.

Moreover if you look at the stats in more open countries today for numbers of admitted same-sex oriented people, and compare it with the figures for natal Mars square (or challenging) Uranus, the figures just don't match. Many gays and lesbians don't have the aspects, and many straight people do.

I am one of those people who has the so called homosexual aspect, Mars Square Venus. I am no where near homosexual. The only thing Mars Sqaure Venus gives me is problematic, deep, and short lived relationships with the opposite sex... LOL

I am working on how to control the Mars sqaure Venus energy, instead of letting it control me and my choices in relationships.

sageofaquarius

One of the first 'cookbooks' I came across was The Astrologer's Handbook by Francis Sakoian & Louis S. Acker. In their aspect interpretations, Venus square Neptune (rather than Uranus) is a possible indicator of homosexuality. True for me and, incidentally, one of the readings that made me say to myself: "Wow, astrology is amazing."

I also have Uranus in the 7th just past conjunction with the descendant and at least one or two other "indicators" which I've seen mentioned on other pages in this forum on this subject. But it's impossible to believe that everyone who is born with Venus square Neptune (or any other natal aspect) is gay or lesbian. I know one other person who was born on the same day as me and he's not gay (as far as I know!).

sage

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
The sad thing about this is that it keeps coming up. I don't understand why it doesn't just die already.

One of the first 'cookbooks' I came across was The Astrologer's Handbook by Francis Sakoian & Louis S. Acker. In their aspect interpretations, Venus square Neptune (rather than Uranus) is a possible indicator of homosexuality. True for me and, incidentally, one of the readings that made me say to myself: "Wow, astrology is amazing."

Close. I have a Trine with Venus dominating. :)

FleetingDasein

Astrologer4U said:
(Venus Square Mars) one aspect to indicate homosexuality and
(Venus Square Uranus) is the another aspect or is it
(Venus Square both Mars and Uranus) the aspects you are talking about?

I got Venus Square Uranus/Neptune and I've done some experimentation with the same sex. With Venus Square Uranus, I think most of it is done just for experimentation sake's and not because you are particurarly into it. Romantically speaking, I have remained straight.

RayAustin

If anything, it would be theoretically determined by the placement of the seventh house ruler.
What sign the ruler is in, what planet it is, what sign over the seventh house. If the planet is mercury or the moon, what planet is it joined to? Mercury conjunct mars interest in men, Mercury conjunct Venus, interest in women. Gemini over the descendant could give interest in either gender, as well as Aquarius for being rebellious against social standards. Libra over the descendant for a woman's chart could give interest in another woman, &etc, however this depends, for if Venus is in scorpio then that would be men, or masculine women. Get it?
Another.. if the planet is in the exaltation of Venus or Mars, interest in that particular sex.
But then there's also the aspects, 'cause Obama would be gay by these rules, lol. Or is he? ;)
I've looked at a few charts and this seems to work.

Last edited:

The_Sundance_Kid

I still don't really see what the issue is...

Everybody knows that astrology is not a subject based on normal observation and statistics. So when someone says 'Venus square Uranus= Homosexuality' they do not mean all Venus square Uranus aspects equate to homosexuality. Every aspect has many different interpretations. This entire forum is full of opinion on aspect meanings, that Mercury trine Jupiter might indicate a bookworm, or that moon opposite Pluto might mean mother problems. And yet when people post these comments there is no storm like there is here. No one says 'I am a bookworm and don't have that aspect, you can't tell how someone reads books from a chart' :eek:

If astrology actually did comply with statistics, then REAL scientists would probably be interested. As it is they're not.

It is true that sexuality is a different and altogether more subtle kettle of fish altogether. That doesn't make these types of threads wrong, it just makes them harder for people to generalise. Sexual tastes are so complicated and can rest on so many things- personal aesthetics, emotional issues, parental upbringing, past relationships and friendships, one's own mindset, intrinsic qualities, even karma if you're into that stuff. So if we can figure all that stuff out we might be good at guessing at how sexuality will manifest. And I don't see the harm in trying, if these things are so important in a chart. I mean I look at my friend or my sister's charts to see what kind of holiday they might like, so I'm definitely interested in if they meet the right person, or in their emotional health, and so sexuality is unavoidable in a chart.

So I don't see what's wrong in looking at how sexuality is expressed in a chart. The only thing I might think is erred is that people look at sexuality in too simplistic a manner. But that is what we must improve.

And just because people are interested in sexuality in a chart, and in particular homosexuality, it does not mean that there is any moral issue surrounding it. It does not mean that 'homosexuals' :confused: or gays (normal London phrase) are not welcome in society or are not accepted. So I don't see how this in theory can cause anyone offence. The only thing I think can cause offence is that if people treat this toooo simplistically, people may feel they are being 'diagnosed' as gay, as if it is textbook. And it most certainly is not.

So, I don't think there is anything wrong with studying this, we just have to do so in a way that respects the power and intricacies and indeed the mysteries of sexuality.

Last edited:

Astrologer4U

FleetingDasein said:
I got Venus Square Uranus/Neptune and I've done some experimentation with the same sex. With Venus Square Uranus, I think most of it is done just for experimentation sake's and not because you are particurarly into it. Romantically speaking, I have remained straight.

Actually, these were not aspects I was pointing out. These were aspects i was asking someone else in this thread to make clear.

I agree with you though, anything concerning Uranus, is experimenting, or rebellion against the status quo.

Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U

sageofaquarius said:
I also have Uranus in the 7th just past conjunction with the descendant and at least one or two other "indicators" which I've seen mentioned on other pages in this forum on this subject. But it's impossible to believe that everyone who is born with Venus square Neptune (or any other natal aspect) is gay or lesbian. I know one other person who was born on the same day as me and he's not gay (as far as I know!).

sage

I think some aspects are general for both men and women but I also think women have some different aspects from men. Meaning, sometimes, a gay aspect for a woman may differ from the gay aspect of a man.

RayAustin said:
If anything, it would be theoretically determined by the placement of the seventh house ruler.
What sign the ruler is in, what planet it is, what sign over the seventh house. If the planet is mercury or the moon, what planet is it joined to? Mercury conjunct mars interest in men, Mercury conjunct Venus, interest in women. Gemini over the descendant could give interest in either gender, as well as Aquarius for being rebellious against social standards. Libra over the descendant for a woman's chart could give interest in another woman, &etc, however this depends, for if Venus is in scorpio then that would be men, or masculine women. Get it?
Another.. if the planet is in the exaltation of Venus or Mars, interest in that particular sex.
But then there's also the aspects, 'cause Obama would be gay by these rules, lol. Or is he? ;)
I've looked at a few charts and this seems to work.

Sorry i dont buy this ALL 7th house stuff, cos its 8th house of sex, conception, orientation. I've seen few with uranus their, but again uranus can go years without sex (say with frigid wife) then when it gets sex again, becomes insatiable for a while. Could also swings both ways....