Hard Saturn transits to Mercury and Mars

mialee

Hello,

I'm fairly new to astrology and had a look at my transits for the new year. I found:
Starting February 2020 transit Saturn will be opposing my natal Mars in the 7th house, then it will also be squaring my natal Mercury in the 9th house starting around April.

Saturn is currently transiting my 1st house along with Pluto as well. Starting February Jupiter will also be transiting my 1st house.

I've read that Saturn transits can be really tough. Does anyone have any experiences or insights to share regarding any of these transits? Any tips at all? :whistling:

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 17.18.10.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 17.18.10.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Ecliptique

Hello,

I'm fairly new to astrology and had a look at my transits for the new year. I found:
Starting February 2020 transit Saturn will be opposing my natal Mars in the 7th house, then it will also be squaring my natal Mercury in the 9th house starting around April.

Saturn is currently transiting my 1st house along with Pluto as well. Starting February Jupiter will also be transiting my 1st house.

I've read that Saturn transits can be really tough. Does anyone have any experiences or insights to share regarding any of these transits? Any tips at all? :whistling:

Thank you!

Hello mialee,

the transits of Saturn to Mars and Mercury in 2020 will not be significant for you. Nothing really significant before 2021 (transit of Saturn) and 2021 - 2022 (transit of Uranus).

Ecliptique.

mialee

Hello mialee,

the transits of Saturn to Mars and Mercury in 2020 will not be significant for you. Nothing really significant before 2021 (transit of Saturn) and 2021 - 2022 (transit of Uranus).

Ecliptique.

Thanks for your reply.

How do you determine that the transits are not significant?

Could you expand on the transit of Saturn in 2021?

jkxx74

Premium Member
mialee,

you are right, it looks like Mars will get hit first (you can get a D47 graph chart from astro.com to show you when exactly but as you have it in a familiar degree it looks like as soon as February next year, much later in the year for your Mercury.

Saturn-Mars first - I'm afraid this is a very annoying transit in that it can feel like you have your engine revved up to full throttle but the brakes are on - whatever you try to do seems to not happen as planned and there can be a lot of inner anger because one feels bottled up or somehow blocked. Energy levels could be low and there can be this sense that other people are getting in your way or doing things just to tick you off for no good reason. They aren't but the transit makes everything feel quite annoying this way - my recommendation for this would be to try to be as patient with it as possible and take it easy on yourself, like let yourself get angry if you do and take time to recharge if you get tired or drained. Saturn does make 3 hits to this degree through 2020 so there will be months where you just have to take it slow. However the positive side of this transit is that it will show you just how strong you are and you will have a much better idea of this once it's complete - on the side it may introduce some kind of struggle with authority (such as employers, teachers, the like) where you have to "prove your point" or stand up for yourself in some way.

Next up we have Saturn square Mercury - as your Mercury is in Pluto-ruled Scorpio you can already think about things quite deeply and this normally allows you to take a situation apart in a way that brings you inner peace and understanding - this is going to help you during the Saturn transit to Mercury but in a nutshell it will feel like the things you are normally afraid of are on your mind a lot while it's active. For example your Saturn is in Pisces and in the 2nd house so you might be worried about being treated unkindly or some financial or valuation issue. On the other hand if you have to do math or some kind of super detailed research this transit is excellent for that as you can focus your mind easily and sail right through the details there.

However I also see that Pluto has just cleared your Neptune (drastic changes in your beliefs and ideals over your past year or two) and it is about to conjunct Uranus next here by January - this latter transit is the one under which I started studying astrology but it expresses itself differently for everyone.

Two further transits to look up - Saturn conjunct Neptune (this one is actually a bigger deal than it seems) and Saturn conjunct Uranus. The first... don't let yourself be discouraged over the next month because things may happen which make everything seem worse than it really is - it will pass once Saturn moves on, however then in January you get a lot of nervous energy from the conjunction to Uranus. This one is a bit like the Saturn-Mars one in that it feels like you have to simultaneously go backwards and forwards and you don't really know which or there is enormous pressure to go both ways. Once again, it is a single pass so by February you should be in much better shape at least with these two planets.

mialee

mialee,

you are right, it looks like Mars will get hit first (you can get a D47 graph chart from astro.com to show you when exactly but as you have it in a familiar degree it looks like as soon as February next year, much later in the year for your Mercury.

Saturn-Mars first - I'm afraid this is a very annoying transit in that it can feel like you have your engine revved up to full throttle but the brakes are on - whatever you try to do seems to not happen as planned and there can be a lot of inner anger because one feels bottled up or somehow blocked. Energy levels could be low and there can be this sense that other people are getting in your way or doing things just to tick you off for no good reason. They aren't but the transit makes everything feel quite annoying this way - my recommendation for this would be to try to be as patient with it as possible and take it easy on yourself, like let yourself get angry if you do and take time to recharge if you get tired or drained. Saturn does make 3 hits to this degree through 2020 so there will be months where you just have to take it slow. However the positive side of this transit is that it will show you just how strong you are and you will have a much better idea of this once it's complete - on the side it may introduce some kind of struggle with authority (such as employers, teachers, the like) where you have to "prove your point" or stand up for yourself in some way.

Next up we have Saturn square Mercury - as your Mercury is in Pluto-ruled Scorpio you can already think about things quite deeply and this normally allows you to take a situation apart in a way that brings you inner peace and understanding - this is going to help you during the Saturn transit to Mercury but in a nutshell it will feel like the things you are normally afraid of are on your mind a lot while it's active. For example your Saturn is in Pisces and in the 2nd house so you might be worried about being treated unkindly or some financial or valuation issue. On the other hand if you have to do math or some kind of super detailed research this transit is excellent for that as you can focus your mind easily and sail right through the details there.

However I also see that Pluto has just cleared your Neptune (drastic changes in your beliefs and ideals over your past year or two) and it is about to conjunct Uranus next here by January - this latter transit is the one under which I started studying astrology but it expresses itself differently for everyone.

Two further transits to look up - Saturn conjunct Neptune (this one is actually a bigger deal than it seems) and Saturn conjunct Uranus. The first... don't let yourself be discouraged over the next month because things may happen which make everything seem worse than it really is - it will pass once Saturn moves on, however then in January you get a lot of nervous energy from the conjunction to Uranus. This one is a bit like the Saturn-Mars one in that it feels like you have to simultaneously go backwards and forwards and you don't really know which or there is enormous pressure to go both ways. Once again, it is a single pass so by February you should be in much better shape at least with these two planets.

Thanks very much for your informative insights. Very interesting that you started studying astrology when your Pluto was conjunct Uranus.

So I've moved away from Budapest 6 years ago - there seems to be a mixed view on whether transits to the relocated natal chart "override" the transits to the true natal chart.

What is your view on relocation and transits to natal chart?

jkxx74

Premium Member
So a couple of things about natal vs relocated - the natal chart is always valid, wherever you are so if a planet crosses your natal angles you'll notice it depending on what that planet does. The relocated chart does have some sway too though whereby if the new place has angles which aspect something in your natal chart you would notice this too - for example someone on here told me where I live now has the relocated ascendant square my sun/saturn midpoint to some not very nice effects - other places of course could have a nice effect if they aspect something different.

It is worth checking in my opinion.

OuterPlanets89

I'll say that you should be more prepared for it than most, because your Sun in Libra and Moon in Cancer have gone through concurrent Saturn/Pluto transits before (2010-2012ish).

My Sun is in Libra 4d, Mars in Libra 5d and Mercury in Virgo 29d, so I experienced Saturn in Libra and Pluto in early Capricorn transits in that '10-'12 period too. It was definitely one of the most, if not the most, transformative period in my life. I came out of it a completely different person.

What's interesting about these transits to your chart this time is that they're conjuncting your Uranus/Neptune in your 1st also. I can't make a strong prediction in your case because a lot depends on how you handle your Mars/Uranus and Mars/Neptune aspects in general.

My Sun/Mars in Libra are in hard aspect to my Saturn/Uranus/Neptune in Capricorn so Pluto was also conjunct those planets in '10-'12, while Saturn in Libra squared them. I'll say this -- my imagination (Neptune), originality (Uranus) and work ethic (Saturn) were all focuses of this period, as perhaps I didn't work on them enough prior to it. That said, my friend circle changed completely and I did become more solitary during that time.