Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.

Unread 03-29-2020, 11:49 AM

Re: Covid-19: how are you responding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Waybread, r u from USA? Do they not do online delivery in supermarkets over there?
Actually we have them here as well. Large and even smaller supermarkets.
Not only that, because we are in a low density agricultural area, we have organise volunteers, anyone in need can call and we will do their food shopping for them and home deliver, or if they need medicinals.

Unread 03-29-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Actually we have them here as well. Large and even smaller supermarkets.
Not only that, because we are in a low density agricultural area, we have organise volunteers, anyone in need can call and we will do their food shopping for them and home deliver, or if they need medicinals.
Thatís amazing 😇
Unread 03-29-2020, 11:58 AM

Normal. You have to take care of each other, no?
Unread 03-29-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Normal. You have to take care of each other, no?
Absolutely, I agree. Its good to know
Unread 03-29-2020, 12:48 PM

Someone asked somewhere how my elderly friends are doing. I canít find the post.

They are all well thus far.

There is one little one though that is very upset. One has a dog, that is used to me taking for a walk. He is totally upset. He doesnít understand why I put things at the door and donít come in. He cries. He knows the sound of my truck. Poor little guy.

Hopefully I can take him for a walk soon.
Unread 03-29-2020, 04:52 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post

Hopefully I can take him for a walk soon.
Your shutdown must be more severe than ours, if you can't take your friend's dog for a walk. We're in lockdown here, but walking dogs is still allowed (has to be--most homes in this city don't have yards, so where else will a dog do what it has to?). If you have an ill or at risk friend and they have a dog, walking it is a great way to help them.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Not receiving an answer to your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 03-29-2020, 05:07 PM

Iíve heard on the news that a cat was diagnosed with Covid and two dogs. The cat died and they found traces of corona virus in him
Unread 03-29-2020, 05:53 PM

Yes, apparently the first animal case.
Unread 03-29-2020, 05:57 PM

I was shocked to see as earlier I had read that letís are immune to it but then as itís such a new disease/virus who knows how much it affects. The docs etc can only go by whatís happening right now and stats. I must say I have a lot of respect for these people going out day in day out helping and risking their own lives. U.K. government have announced they are giving millions of protective clothing etc out now. I still feel the worlds should work together
Unread 03-29-2020, 06:10 PM

creatures can carry disease without being harmed by them in some cases.
Unread 03-29-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Yes, I was worried about birds and other non humans dying everywhere but thank god that is not the case. As we donít know the route of this itís just worrying.
Unread 03-29-2020, 06:29 PM

Smile Re: Covid-19: how are you responding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
We're creatures too, y'know! Most of us won't be physically harmed by Covid-19, but many of us are "carriers", who can infect those whose immune systems are unable to withstand it.

I find the current compassion for the elderly and most vulnerable, attempting to shield them from harm, an unprecedented act of kindness and generosity. One Love.
Unread 03-29-2020, 06:40 PM

What that comment also means, David, is that creatures can die of other causes, such as cancer, and you may find traces of coronavirus in their system. That doesnít mean coronavirus killed them.

Anyway, Iím not going to discuss this thing any more. Saturn-Pluto is bigger than me, and this clusterf*** is bigger than them.
Unread 03-29-2020, 06:55 PM

Petro-chemical pollution from previous advancements in technology correlates to all kinds of diseases, including cancers and heart ailments. What I am trying to say is, that like all the creatures on Earth, we're dependent on Nature. Saturn's lesson: Mess with Nature, then face the dire consequences.
Unread 03-29-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Waybread, r u from USA? Do they not do online delivery in supermarkets over there?
I am a US citizen currently living in Canada, with Canada as my second citizenship. Most of my family is in the US, however. We used to get down to the US pretty often, but not now, unfortunately.

I think it's a patchwork. My niece is a professional baker in a small city in Montana. The bakery tried to do a take-out service but customers were still staying home. Apparently the owners looked into a delivery service (which was fully booked) but decided just to shut the place down. So she's furloughed.

My sister and brother-in-law in a Chicago suburb still seem to be driving to get their groceries inside the supermarket.

My son & family in Colorado had already been using an on-line order & drive-up pick-up service at a local supermarket, so it's good that the store already had this in place.

Not sure about the others.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (03-29-2020)
Unread 03-29-2020, 08:37 PM

Gorilla populations are threatened by covid-19.
https://www.unenvironment.org/news-a...e-conservation
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 03-29-2020, 11:18 PM

I think this pandemic will be over within a month, or even less
Time to reschedule vacations with my calendar
Unread 03-30-2020, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Your shutdown must be more severe than ours, if you can't take your friend's dog for a walk. We're in lockdown here, but walking dogs is still allowed (has to be--most homes in this city don't have yards, so where else will a dog do what it has to?). If you have an ill or at risk friend and they have a dog, walking it is a great way to help them.
She is 80. She crushed her shoulder socket in November last. She is American living in Canada, watches American news. Her son calls her and riles up her paranoia, she will let me bring her stuff, and I follow her criteria, because she is a friend. We can walk our dogs here, social distancing, it is just she is very concerned. Tomorrow I am going to wash her vehicle and fill it with gas. Maybe she will let me walk him. Paranoias can restrict life too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (03-30-2020), Osamenor (03-31-2020)
Unread 03-30-2020, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Petro-chemical pollution from previous advancements in technology correlates to all kinds of diseases, including cancers and heart ailments. What I am trying to say is, that like all the creatures on Earth, we're dependent on Nature. Saturn's lesson: Mess with Nature, then face the dire consequences.
Immune deficiency disorders.
Unread 03-30-2020, 02:28 AM

Saturn Pluto conjunction in 22-23' Capricorn last Jan, the malefic degrees and in a morbid sign like Capricorn, conjunct sun, moon, Mars and Jupiter including the south Node.

Astrology tries to predict the future, but most of us weren't sure what does this dark conjunction was telling us. All I know is the world will get past the peak of covid19 and humanity will grow stronger against a wave of pandemic, there is still hope .
Unread 03-30-2020, 04:04 AM

We will go back to a time we don't fear going outside, have plenty of freedom and it's not complicated in my grocery store job with many new rules to keep us safe. I'll wait until health Dept and government officials give a signal to announce the pandemic is over.

Last edited by CapAquaPis; 03-30-2020 at 06:23 AM.
Unread 03-30-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
We will go back to a time we don't fear going outside, have plenty of freedom and it's not complicated in my grocery store job with many new rules to keep us safe. I'll wait until health Dept and government officials give a signal to announce the pandemic is over.
Trump's "health officials" ?
Unread 03-31-2020, 05:08 AM

My son, daughter-in-law, and little grandson have been sheltering in place in their home in the mountains of Colorado. He texted me this morning that he's come down with a sore throat and fever. No cough to date, but since he's asthmatic and has lost a lot of his lung capacity I am concerned. We're all hoping that it's *just* the flu.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 03-31-2020, 06:14 AM

Thinking about when exactly covid19 first arrived back in Jan without notice since my state CA does get many travelers from around the world, I had a respiratory infection as well other store coworkers back in Jan. And I had reoccurring allergy like symptoms ever since. I need to be tested if I was preexposed or any evidence of developed antibodies, which was reported in blood samples of covid19 survivors and recoveries find them to provide immunity from the virus after exposure (sort of like measles, mumps, rubella and chickenpox, I had the pox at age 16 and shingles in my mid 20s). It's unknown a person who had covid19 can catch it a second time (just like it's cousins rhinovirus or the common cold and influenza, but covid19 is a SARS coronavirus, a different virus).

I look at astrological data and health information about my own family with concerns based on the stars and their health.

*Dad (Dec 17, 1946) who said he had a covid19 test and the results were negative, but he has breathing issues for years and he's a senior, high risk to get covid19 easily.

*Mom (Apr 29, 1951) has obesity, COPD and diabetes from past smoking habit. She survived 2 hospital stays in the 1990s, pneumonia in 1992 when I was 12 and given a chickenpox vaccine to put her in a second hospital stay in 1996-97 Christmas season. However, a birth anomaly she told me is a third small lung on the back side and a few million people indeed are born with an extra organ than their body needs.

*My GF (Nov 14, 1961) is a Scorpio and I don't really know her medical history, but that sun sign. She has mild form of autism like I do and she has a service dog whenever in public.

*My half-sister (Dec 21, 1970) from dad's first marriage, she and Dad never had chickenpox symptoms when they took care of me and my brother when we had it, but their blood tests find they were preexposed after all.

*My bro (Apr 23, 1981) is a smoker, had a lung rupture a few years ago, drug use is known, alcohol abuse too and has mental health issues.

*My nephew (Jan 18, 2000) takes care of my mom who won't leave the house, and he shops with my dad for errands to assure his grandparents have what they need when in social isolation.

*My stepniece (Nov 16, 2014) has a Scorpio sun, but children may fare better in covid19 than seniors, I'm not wishing anyone esp children with this ailment.

*And finally myself (Feb 15, 1980) - I wondered if a rubella vaccine gave me autism back when medical experts did not know unusual natural rubella immunity is inherited from parent to child. My mom does after discovering this trait in her state marriage license blood test. She never had rubella nor the vaccine existed in her 1950s childhood.

Covid19 is what everyone on Earth wants to avoid, and estimates from 1 to 40 to 70% of the world population could theoretically either die from, followed by currently carry without symptoms, to overall experienced contraction of the virus this year.
Unread 03-31-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
My son, daughter-in-law, and little grandson have been sheltering in place in their home in the mountains of Colorado. He texted me this morning that he's come down with a sore throat and fever. No cough to date, but since he's asthmatic and has lost a lot of his lung capacity I am concerned. We're all hoping that it's *just* the flu.
Can he get a test?
Hopefully it is just a cold, but if it isn't the first few days are relatively calm, then it comes on hard and strong suddenly. Not to frighten you, but because you mention his lung difficulties.