A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

david starling

It occurs to me that the sidereal Age-indicator, located using the Sun's position at the Equinox, is the ONLY astrological indicator I can think of that has permanent, constant retrograde movement.

The tropical setting of the Age-indicator uses the Sun's position at Earth's perihelion (closest approach of the year, currently early January); and, like Black Lilith, which is at the Moon's apogee (Moon farthest from the Earth) it has constant direct movement on average ("Mean-setting"), but moves both retrograde and direct from one orbital cycle to the next ("True-setting"). The Nodes have constant retrograde movement on average, but also periodically station both retrograde and direct.

The constant retrograde movement of the sidereal Ages may make their effects more obscure and ambiguous than the direct-motion effects of the tropical Ages.

Last edited:

david starling

I find it a strange anomaly that nearly all sidereal astrologers, including Vedic, who CAN locate the sidereal Ages in the Charts they actually use for readings, pay scant, if ANY attention to the Age-effect in those Charts, or the sidereal Aquarian Age itself.

Whereas many tropical astrologers, who CAN'T locate the sidereal Ages in the Charts they actually use for readings, and therefore can't ascertain the Age-effect in those Charts, are the ones who are most likely to attach GREAT importance to the sidereal Aquarian Age. :confused:

Last edited:

david starling

The tropical Age-sequence is direct, from Libra-->Scorpio-->Sagittarius-->Capricorn-->Aquarius.
So, the only Earth-sign Age in recorded history is the one that began c.400 A.D., and will end c.2150. It's most notable manifestations are the Capitalist economic system with its technological developments, and Globalization, which are occurring at the end-degrees of the Age.

The first three Ages, beginning with the Age of Libra, comprised the Fall season of Ages. Capricorn's Age commenced the Winter season, at a time when the Fall seasonal structures were falling apart, and a new order of civilization was required. In the West, there was a period known as "the Dark Ages", a sort of intermission prior to the Renaissance, when the new Winter Age-season order of the Age-civilizations, now in full swing, began to coalesce.

Last edited:

david starling

A numerological correlation to Capricorn as the 10th tropical Sign, with ten "converting" to one by adding the base-ten digits of this Age (10->1+0=1) is, that the united global economy has ten interlocking, economic trade-zones.

Also, interesting that the only two new major religions, which first came into power very early in this Age, were all about "converting" polytheistic cultures into a belief in One God, and were globally oriented.

Last edited:

david starling

Many astrologers use the ruler of the Sign the Ascendant is in, to determine one's personal Chart-ruler.

Similarly, the ruler of the Sign the Age-indicator is in, can be considered to determine the collective Chart-ruler. During the tropical Age of Sagittarius, for example, Jupiter--considered the King of the gods by the Greco-Roman religions--was the collective Chart-ruler.

During this tropical Age of Capricorn, Saturn has surpassed Jupiter in that regard. So, in the Mundane sense, Age-ruler Saturn has the most powerful, collective, overall effect on our daily lives.

Saturn is linked to the linear measurement of time, and in purely secular terms, that means we're a Time-ruled culture, particularly in the Western hemisphere. In the previous Ages of the Fall seasonal quadrant, convenient linear time-measurement was difficult to accomplish. There were water-clocks, sundials, candles marked to approximate the hours, and the hourglass.

So, one of the major advancements of Capricornian Age technology, from the standpoint of its rulership, was the invention of an accurate mechanical clock. Although mechanical clocks came into widespread use in Western Europe in the middle of the tropical Age of Capricorn, around the start of the 14th Century, the first reliably accurate clock was the pendulum clock, invented in 1656. The pocket-watch and wristwatch became reliably accurate in the 19th Century. Now, with this Saturn-oriented Age culminating in its last few degrees, modern science has developed the "atomic clock", accurate to the exact second for millions of years.

Nearly all of our standard devices have a timed, base-ten, digital display, synchronized by a radio-wave signal. All modern-day technology requires accurate timing.

Last edited:

david starling

Well, I have tried 3 times now. I can't read him. For me, he leads nowhere. :pouty:

Well, he's the only sidereal astrologer I know of who's on public record as having a date for the Aquarian Age already having started. His sidereal zodiac sets the Sign-boundaries much like Vedics (who differ among themselves, within a few degrees). If he hadn't advanced the Age-indicator by 15 degrees, he'd say it won't begin for another few centuries, like all the other practicing siderealists I'm aware of.

J.A..'s memes-only thread claiming to be somehow about the Aquarian Age isn't shedding any light on when it starts.

david starling

In terms of locating the Ages in a Chart, that requires an Age-indicator that transits the Signs. Then, examine the REASON it transits. In both this tropical method, and the sidereal method, it's transiting due to Precession, caused by EARTH'S "wobble" as it rotates on its axis. Tropically, it's it's about the wobble causing "precession" of EARTH'S perihelion, whereas sidereally, it's about the wobble causing precession of EARTH'S equinox.

For that reason, I consider the astrological Ages as the effect of the Earth itself on our Earth-based Charts. So, the Age is the CONTEXT within which the entire configuration operates. What an Age manifests is the aggregate result of having the Age-indicator in the same Sign for so many centuries, in everyone's Chart at once. There are Age-degree generations, 30 per Age-sign, as an Age progresses.

The tropical Age-generation per degree is 58.1 years, with the Mean-setting, 27th degree generation, beginning in the Natal-charts on January 4th, 1975. The 28th degree Age-generation will begin in the Natal-charts of those born on January 6th, 2033.

The sidereal Age-generations last 71.6 years, per degree of transit. Identifying the dates for those Age-generations is entirely a matter of opinion, depending on where each siderealist chooses to locate the sidereal Sign-boundaries.

Last edited:

david starling

Btw, if anyone believes I'm in error regarding anything I'm saying about the Ages, please don't hesitate to explain why. I'm always open to new information that might help me to make adjustments.

Also, if something I've said doesn't seem to make sense, I'll see if I can clarify it for you.

Opal

Premium Member
Well, I been thinking, each part of astrology carries its own rules. Horary, Mundane, Natal, Geographical, all have their own quirks.

It has been said, that Sidereal is for the Ages.

I do not like sidereal for my natal. It doesn't sound like me. Tropical works for me for natal.

That said. If sidereal is for the ages, does that mean that it was developed for the reversed polarity of the backward movement through the signs?:biggrin:

david starling

Well, I been thinking, each part of astrology carries its own rules. Horary, Mundane, Natal, Geographical, all have their own quirks.

It has been said, that Sidereal is for the Ages.

I do not like sidereal for my natal. It doesn't sound like me. Tropical works for me for natal.

That said. If sidereal is for the ages, does that mean that it was developed for the reversed polarity of the backward movement through the signs?:biggrin:

I think that the opinion of tropicalists that sidereal is only for the Ages is the result of intuitively sensing the upcoming tropical Aquarian Age, not realizing there even is one, and not wanting to switch over to sidereal for anything but its Age of Aquarius.

This ends up with what appears to be a very un-Piscean sidereal Age of Pisces, since the qualities of Pisces don't match those of tropical Astrology's Age of Capricorn. And, a very un-Aquarian view of the Aquarian Age as well, because the finish-up of the tropical Age of Capricorn is mistaken for the beginning of the sidereal Age of Aquarius.

Since we have retrograde sidereal Ages occurring at the same time as direct-motion tropical Ages, both polarities are in play at once. I hadn't considered that. Thanks Opal!

Last edited:

david starling

With both polarities at once, it sets up a cross-current. The tropical Age of Capricorn is infused with Piscean qualities from the sidereal Age, and vice versa. Just as the tropical Age of Sagittarius was infused with Aries qualities from the sidereal Age of Aries.

What's so remarkable about the next Age is, it's the Aquarian Age in both directions at once!

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Also of interest. With the Tropical. It would arrive at 0.00 1st decanate. With the Sidereal. It would arrive at 29.59 3rd decanate.

Two differing styles. Tropical flavoured by Aquarius. Sidereal flavoured by Libra.

I wonder, what degree, they would meet at in Gemini?

Opal

Premium Member
With both polarities at once, it sets up a cross-current. The tropical Age of Capricorn is infused with Piscean qualities from the sidereal Age, and vice versa. Just as the tropical Age of Sagittarius was infused with Aries qualities from the sidereal Age of Aries.

What's so remarkable about the next Age is, it's the Aquarian Age in both directions at once!

God is a battery:wink:

david starling

The astrological Ages are specifically about how our own, personal electromagnetic fields are affected by the changes in the Earth's magnetic field--magnetic resonance and dissonance, within the context of the cosmic Magnetic Field Matrix.

david starling

Sidereal astrology, (which includes Vedic) IS a "real thing" to thousands of astrologers around the world. Modernistic sidereal Western astrologers have their own website called "Solunars", and they are adamant about the Aquarian Age being centuries away from beginning; and, to top it off, they are also adamant that neither Sign-blending nor Orb-influence can allow for even the slightest amount of Aquarian Age manifestations until the Fagan-Bradley start-year of 2376. The Vedic settings (there are several) of the sidereal Sign-boundaries yield a similar result, regarding when the sidereal Aquarian Age will begin.
Here's a standard, Western sidereal opinion on the matter:

https://astralharmony.com/blog/not-even-close-dawning-age-aquarius/

Btw, most siderealists dismiss the tropical zodiac ALTOGETHER, as "fake astrology". This particular blogger explains that it's "cosmic radiation" from the constellations that creates the Sign-qualities, NOT the Earth's axial tilt relative to the Sun, which is the tropical rationale.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion!

Last edited:

david starling

It's really almost only tropical astrologers who sense the impending Age of Aquarius. Unfortunately, they're using the sidereal zodiac to explain that intuitive certainty, not their own tried and true tropical zodiac.

The first True-setting of the tropical Age-indicator that will formally ingress tropical Aquarius is in 2047. The Mean-setting, which I believe is more influential, will reach 28 degrees of tropical Capricorn in 2033, along with a True-setting within less than 1/2 a degree of the first point of tropical Aquarius.