Different types of headahes?

Out the different types of headaches, are there certain ones found in aspects between houses or signs? or attributed to certain signs? I get blinding migraines and sinus ones...

Frisiangal

Bad headaches can see Mars in the picture, whilst migraines and 'splitting' headaches can see Uranus lurking about. The Aries-Libra axis is often strong. With Mars in a long-term transit of Libra and Uranus in Aries, those prone to migraines may be suffering more than usual. Uranus is associated with stress and strain causing nervous tension anyway.
The long term transit of Jupiter and Pluto in the cardinal signs to a planet in Aries or Libra could also figure. The four planets make up the grand cross on 13* of the cardinal signs in April.
My son has Mars in Aries opposing Uranus in Libra. Bad headaches unless he kicks a door, or shatters glass with a football to release the tension.
My Libra sun son-in-law suffers from migraines and cannot eat chocolate. Maybe Venus figures as well? There's a boot crack in his living-room door!!

Sinus cavity problems can also find a correlation with Mars, but also with Taurus. E.g I have a planet on 21* Taurus, the sinus artery degree, and had sinus issues for years. Regular colds and 'flu were so painful that my whole face and head hurt and I felt like chopping it off at the neck!! Luckily, nothing is conjunct Algol.:biggrin:

Last edited:

dr. farr

Quick look:
-along the lines mentioned by Frisiangal, above, the Aries/Libra axis is strong: here it is angular (4th and 10th houses) and it posits the Sun, Uranus (Libra) and Saturn (Aries)
-Saturn in Aries (Aries affinitive to the head) is afflicted by square from the Moon (could indicate headaches related to digestive and/or emotional disruptions); Saturn, when afflicted, can also indicate afflictions to the vision (as in "blinding" headaches; many headaches do have a "visual aura" involved)
-Moon opposes ascending degree (ascendant is a key house for physical health, as well as personality)-more indication of digestive and/or emotional disruptions being involved in headaches (Moon is affinitive to digestion, also to emotions); Moon also rules periodic situations (episodes), and its opposition to the ascending degree and its square to Saturn in Aries, might indicate periodical (ie recurrent) headache episodes
-Saturn (in Aries), often suggestive of long term situations (or chronic problems) is square to the ascending degree; might indicate that chronic (or recurrent episodes over a long period of time) involving the head (Saturn being in Aries) might be a health concern for the native...

Frisiangal

Hi,
Further to Dr.Farr's comments;
The chart does not include the position of Chiron on 0*Aries in the 9th house ( health issues) in direct opposition to Sun-Uranus in the 3rd house (inflluences upon thought processes).
One might say that this is someone who 'lives in the head', through how it (mentally= air house)relates to circumstances it experiences. There could be a link with situations regarding Libra's ruler, Venus in Scorpio, which itself is conjunct Mercury, indicative of HOW one thinks. Thoughts run deep and may not be easy to reach in the 4th house!
Relationship patterns could therefore be 'inwardly painful'(Chiron), which result in the Uranus type 'excrutiating' and 'blinding' headaches.

A Cancer Ascendant is very vulnerable to outer influences upon it. A Moon in Capricorn can be hard upon itself in not expressing emotional feeling
which, again, means everything is kept inside. Saturn to it creates 'the barrier wall', against which one might feel like banging one's head.
Saturn also forms a direct inconjunct/quincunx (150*) to natal Jupiter-Pluto(control issues) in the 3rd house; mind process again....in Virgo... analytical.

The position of MEAN Black Moon Lilith (influences from childhood) is on 11*Gemini where it squares Mars and is semi-square a Cancer Ascendant.
This can also influence what goes on 'in' and 'preys on' the mind(Gemini).
It does trine natal Sun.

There could be a general mental detachment from others significant OR a need or necessity to become become independently so, in order to reach the fulfilment of a true North Node in Aries(me!).

Caro

I have been suffering more with headaches since the transit of mars went rx. despite doing lots of relaxation. they are tension and work related and usually come on at weekends.!:innocent: but also I think related to what I eat.
mars transit thro 12th!

kimbermoon

As a past sufferer of migraines myself, I sympathize with you very much. In my own chart I relate it to a conjunction of Uranus/Mercury in the chart. I personally believe that for the most part it has less to do with diet, unless there are severe allergies involved; this could relate to an autoimmune problem. Otherwise in my own experience it was all related to stress factors in my life, with the source being largely family issues [the conjunct falls in Cancer]. This could be the case here, with the opposition between 4th and 10th; one might suspect specific problems relating to siblings. Negative experiences from the past can also be involved. Saturn in Aries relates to the potential for restricted blood vessels in the head, which is typically the source of the problem. Neptune in Scorpio is a high stress factor, in dealing with significant emotional disturbances that can be overpowering. Neptune can also show vulnerability to toxins and poisons, and with the combination of energy in the 3rd H this can denote environmental toxins [sometimes siblings can also be highly toxic]. Neptune disorders are often difficult to diagnose and difficult to control.
The chart provided here is extremely limiting for a proper reading though, and perhaps the placement of Chiron also has something to do with. Alas, these types of headaches are extremely difficult to cure, they can only be controlled...at a higher level, I think this is a way that the body tries to block out the contents of the subconscious from rising to the surface...this is part of the mind/body connection associated with the Virgo energy. I hope you can find a way for dealing with these headaches, and often psychotherapy can be more effective than drugs. To reduce these headaches you have to learn about your own stress triggers and how to deflect them [cognitive therapy]. Some good news though, which I hope will be true for you, is that over time it seems that I 'grew out of that syndrome' fortunately, and I think this is true in a lot of cases. Best of luck to you in taming this dragon.

dr. farr

Remember certain diagnostic types of headaches can have variant planetary affinities:
-neuralgic headaches with Mercury
-anemic headaches with Jupiter
-congestive headaches with Mars, Sun (sensation of head getting bigger and bigger brings in Jovian considerations)
-highly periodic episodes would of course make us thing of the Moon
-digestive related headaches suggest Moon (as lord of Cancer) and Mercury (as lord of Virgo)
-stress related would depend upon the nature of the stressor, however its affinity to nerves would always indicate at least a concommitant consideration of Mercury.

yelena234

From my experiences Mars in Aries gives headaches. My sister had long time migraine and she took some special powder (with C-vitamin) for headache. It was better after one hour. Her Mars is very well aspected, so there is no danger for something worse. Now she has problems with eyes, because she didn't go to control eyes at the right time.

Whenever I see some Natal Chart with Mars in Aries, I am asking the person, does she have headache. They usually say yes: how do I know?

One professional Astrologer from Belgrade wrote to me, that I have headache. I don't have headache, I have peripheral Neuralgia's, like ATN, Occipital Neuralgia and Sinusitis. It comes from Mercury in Aries. The fact is that this Astrologer earns lots of money and he is not worth it at all.