Guru Chandal Yoga

Moog

I'm interested in this conjunction, which I have in my own chart. Why is it considered so inauspicious?

Carris

I too have Jupiter (guru) conjunct NN (rahu or chandal) in my chart. Its supposed to give alien/foreign/wierd/iconoclastic tendencies to the very traditional, conventional, law-abiding jupiter - so in ancient times that was considered bad. The word "chandal" means "outcast".

These days however, many of us have lost faith in traditional religion and dogmatism. We are no longer forced to follow religious rules and rituals of society. So this conjunction is no longer problematic.

I really do find religion and rituals meaningless. I believe in god but not in religion. A few centuries ago I would have been killed for my beliefs.

Last edited:

dhundhun

I'm interested in this conjunction, which I have in my own chart. Why is it considered so inauspicious?

It is indication of someone to have broad and in-depth knowledge like religious teacher (GURU), but acts like mean person in the shadow of free will.

Like a teacher seduces student for ...
A doctor sedates patient for ...

It is indication of someone to have broad and in-depth knowledge like religious teacher (GURU), but acts like mean person in the shadow of free will.

Sir ,that really sums up wat i feel about myself ,,,i always feel that im inherently a good person ,.,but just to defy customs n rules and because of my spite for other people ,,n egocentric nature ..i turn towards the evil side,,its like i have a split personality ..good n evil .

i have jupitor with rahu n moon in 1st house in Pisces ..

Moog

Like a teacher seduces student for ...
A doctor sedates patient for ...

Ha, I do that all the time...

No just kidding.

Does Rahu Vargottama improve matters at all?

Moog

I too have Jupiter (guru) conjunct NN (rahu or chandal) in my chart. Its supposed to give alien/foreign/wierd/iconoclastic tendencies to the very traditional, conventional, law-abiding jupiter - so in ancient times that was considered bad. The word "chandal" means "outcast".

These days however, many of us have lost faith in traditional religion and dogmatism. We are no longer forced to follow religious rules and rituals of society. So this conjunction is no longer problematic.

I really do find religion and rituals meaningless. I believe in god but not in religion. A few centuries ago I would have been killed for my beliefs.

Yeah, that's quite interesting.

I read something recently where the author thought that western culture was more Rahu friendly than the east, which is more, uhh, ketuic, to coin a term...

I actually do like (parts of) religion a lot (didn't always) and find myself defending it a lot. But that's kinda the outcast thing to do here; that might be an inversion of how it is in... say... bible belt USA.

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

When Rahu is Vargottam or is behaving like Yogkark, will give benefits, but like a ill mentality person and making Guru Chandal yog then there are two stages
1. Because of MD/AD
2. Because of conjunction
Now if dasha then their distance from one Guru to Rahu, and if because of conjunction then both the planets will exchange their behavior, habits (depending on their degrees)
3. If conjunction then Grhayudhh will guide nature of results
etc