Profecting charts

JUPITERASC

Wonder,
being new to Profections,
is there any significance
to the profection ascendant returning to the first house?
As there are twelve houses,
the profected ascendant returns to the first house
every twelve years
:smile:

ProfectionWheel.jpg

Alkaid

Wonder, being new to Profections, is there any significance to the profection ascendant returning to the first house?

It should be a fairly big year, with changes or events that greatly influence the next 11 profected years thereafter or the rest of the life, even moreso if the ascendant is well disposed.

Personal revelations, finding a new purpose in life, or new motivations aren't uncommon.

theV

I am currently learning about Profection so it would be nice if this thread gets activated again to discuss.

theV

Yes, I did. But I found it dreadful to follow it, I lost myself reading it. Can we have a famous person chart and examine it?

JUPITERASC

Everything I guess. I felt better watching a tutorial video.
There are many unnecessary explanation in the article.
What part of the article at http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=362 did you consider an unnecessary explanation?
and
what part did you consider not explained sufficiently?

Jehan

Just try and focus on the profected Ascedant, the profected ruler of the asc first. In what Sign is it posited. What are the affairs ruled by that sign/house? Look to see if there are any transits, eclipses, and other such movements to the ruler. Where is the ruler in the natal chart? What aspects to the ruler are made by other planets? Where is the ruler in the solar return? Write it down as you work these questions out. That would provide a good starting point.

tsmall

Premium Member
V,

The beginning of profections is to be able to count them. JUP has a chart. Maybe it can be linked again? Find the sign that profects to the ASC; the ruler of that sign is called the Lord/Lady of the year. Look at the signs ruled by that planet as they will be active. Next look to see if any planets are in those signs; they too will be activated during that year.

Next see if there is an exaltation ruler of the sign profecting to the ASC. Same as above. These activated planets, houses, and aspects (made in the natal) are going to be active during the year. Transits to and by these "active" planets will likely produce events. This is where we begin to understand that not all transits are equal. If a planet isn't activated, transits to it are likely to be non-starters.

At this point, most natal astrologers would then cast the SR chart, and knowing which planets have a key role, begin delineation from there.

JUPITERASC

V,

The beginning of profections is to be able to count them.
JUP has a chart. Maybe it can be linked again?

How to count profections using the chart requested by tsmall

ProfectionWheel.jpg

Find the sign that profects to the ASC; the ruler of that sign is called the Lord/Lady of the year.
Look at the signs ruled by that planet as they will be active.
Next look to see if any planets are in those signs; they too will be activated during that year.

Next see if there is an exaltation ruler of the sign profecting to the ASC. Same as above.
These activated planets, houses, and aspects (made in the natal) are going to be active during the year.
Transits to and by these "active" planets will likely produce events.
This is where we begin to understand that not all transits are equal.
If a planet isn't activated, transits to it are likely to be non-starters.

At this point, most natal astrologers would then cast the SR chart, and knowing which planets have a key role, begin delineation from there.

Chrysalis

That is how the profection works. You count around the chart until you find the house of the year you want. You make that the first house. In this new chart the planets in the new angles are strong and effective that year. The planets that are found in cadant houses will be ineffective. If the sect has changed take that into account as well.

The essential dignity stays the same. The classical astrologers considered the so called accidental dignities to be more important because they are horoscopic: That is part of the natal chart. The essental dignities are zodiacal, and used to find the houses ruled by the planets.

So the planets do change houses ? Some people say they do and some people say they don't.

For example say you have a 7th house profection year, so the 7th house for that year becomes the 1st house, the 8th house becomes the 2nd house, the 9th house becomes the 3rd house, and say in the 9th house you have saturn, but as this house is cadent, saturn can't do much.

So the planets stay in the natal signs, so the dignity stays the same, but because of the change of houses, their energy can be strengthened or weakened.

Am i understanding this correctly, anybody ?

tsmall

Premium Member
So the planets do change houses ? Some people say they do and some people say they don't.

For example say you have a 7th house profection year, so the 7th house for that year becomes the 1st house, the 8th house becomes the 2nd house, the 9th house becomes the 3rd house, and say in the 9th house you have saturn, but as this house is cadent, saturn can't do much.

So the planets stay in the natal signs, so the dignity stays the same, but because of the change of houses, their energy can be strengthened or weakened.

Am i understanding this correctly, anybody ?

Yes, you are.

Chrysalis

My LOY Mars is almost ready to be taken over by Venus, thankfully.

Mars has had me twice this year, causing mayhem. All i've learnt from it, is what my natal mars is all about, but i knew this anyway.

LemonMoon

That is how the profection works. You count around the chart until you find the house of the year you want. You make that the first house. In this new chart the planets in the new angles are strong and effective that year. The planets that are found in cadant houses will be ineffective. If the sect has changed take that into account as well.

The essential dignity stays the same. The classical astrologers considered the so called accidental dignities to be more important because they are horoscopic: That is part of the natal chart. The essental dignities are zodiacal, and used to find the houses ruled by the planets.
What if My Time Lord is in a Cadent house (12) in the new profected chart?

AJ Astrology

What if My Time Lord is in a Cadent house (12) in the new profected chart?

Hi LemonMoon,

That depends on who the time ruler is. Saturn rejoices in H12, so that would be a good thing.

You are also looking at your solar revolution, right?

A profected chart is not a stand-alone chart like a natal chart. The profection has to be read with the solar revolution and natal charts.

Unfortunately, most people ignore Asc, Dsc, MC, IC, Fortune and Daimon. Their location in the profected chart is very important. If you don't profect the Dsc, you'll never see death. Death isn't the only thing the Dsc signifies. It also signifies major changes and conflicts.

When you're looking at those points and the celestial bodies, the only thing you consider are with, joined or opposing.

Your solar revolution probably has Jupiter in Capricorn.

Now, look at your profected chart. What bodies/points are in Capricorn and Cancer?

Because Jupiter will either be with those bodies/points, or joined to a body/point, or opposing a body/point in Cancer.

That's the trigger.

If you want to be really precise about timing, then be prepared to do a lot of math, because technically speaking, Asc and Dsc should be profected by oblique ascension and MC/IC by right ascension and the bodies and Fortune and Daimon by both right/oblique ascension (unless they happen to be in the Asc/Dsc in which case you can profect by oblique ascension or the MC/IC in which case you can profect by right ascension).

Unless you're really dying to know the exact day something is going to happen (plus/minus 3 days) you don't really need to do that.

The good news is if you do the math, you only have to do it once. Once you calculate the exact position of Jupiter by right/oblique ascension for the other 11 signs, that's where he'll be in profections for the rest of your life.

A lot of people don't do Jupiter. They just do Sun, Moon, Asc, MC and Fortune.

Another way to judge timing is profecting the solar revolution. Yes, there are monthly profections.

You're looking for a body/point in the monthly profection of the solar revolution to come round and activate the trigger in your solar revolution/annual profection.

Anyway, if your time ruler is sitting in H12 but not triggered by anything in your solar revolution, then nothing is going to happen.

petosiris

Banned
JA you are confusing so-called profections with so-called primary directions. Profections are based on calendrical/numerological cycles and have nothing to do with oblique and right ascensions. The Greeks entirely ignored degrees.

JUPITERASC

JA you are confusing so-called profections with so-called primary directions. Profections are based on calendrical/numerological cycles
and have nothing to do with oblique and right ascensions.
The Greeks entirely ignored degrees.

for clarity then - check out
INTRODUCING PROFECTIONS

7 STARS ASTROLOGY
http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=362

'....Profections are one of the oldest, most important
and easiest predictive techniques to learn....' :smile: