Introverted Personality in Chart

colien24

Hi everyone, I'm Nicole and new to the board!

I'm very close with my cousin who is 27yrs old and he's always been like a big brother to me. One thing that has always puzzled me is that he doesn't get out much, never dated, and doesn't have any friends(except during college). I remember growing up how bad his older brother and sister would make fun of him when younger. Also, in grammar-high school he would get picked on at times, but he still had a very outgoing personality and many friends that he hung out with all of the time. I don't know, but after high school and college he doesn't keep in touch with any friends anymore and seems like being "alone" all of the time. I've tried setting him up with a girl, but it seems like he's totally uninterested in dating or fearing rejection.

He works and loves his job and interacting with his clients, but when it comes to his personal life it's the complete opposite. I really do think that my cousin would love to have a girlfriend and friends, but I wonder if he's just fearing rejection and just prefers to be alone.

I've been studying his chart and noticed a few retrogrades, especially the mercury, he is very smart, but often has trouble getting his point across in words. He has a lot of T-squares involving cardinal signs cancer, aries, and libra. His sun cancer squares moon aries which could be causing much conflict within himself I think because he is very pessimitic at times. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

Also, can anyone else see anything in the charts that could explain why he is a loner and will he always be this way? I would appreciate any input and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
inner world, to Nicole

Nicole,

You asked:
he doesn't get out much, never dated, and doesn't have any friends(except during college)...in grammar-high school...he...had a very outgoing personality and many friends that he hung out with all of the time...after high school and college he doesn't keep in touch with any friends anymore and seems like being "alone" all of the time...seems like he's totally uninterested in dating...He works and loves his job and interacting with his clients...often has trouble getting his point across in words...can anyone else see anything in the charts that could explain why he is a loner and will he always be this way?

I think there are a lot of indicators of what you describe. His chart has most of his planets on the bottom (inner world) part of the chart, indicating he focuses inwardly. He has two planetary energies conjunct (energy is combined with) his IC (inner world), which draws him further inward. His South node (the past) is in the 7th house (relationships), so he started out building relationships. But his North node (future goals) is in his 1rst house (being), so he today focuses more on himself and who he is.

He has a bucket chart with the Moon (home, also emotions) conujunct Midheaven (outer world) as the "handle", so he gets a "handle" on things with his emotional connection to the outer world (perhaps those clients that he likes) and uses this connection as a way to develop his inner world.

He has Uranus (friends) focused in the 5th house (self-expression, also dating) and has Uranus square (energy needs to be combined with) Venus (relationships), indicating he likes "dating relationships" close but not TOO close to other people, and would like to keep people a little distant from him.

However, he has the same number of planets on the left (self) and right (others) side of his chart so he can go "back and forth" between focusing on himself and focusing on others in his life.

Mercury (thinking, also talking) is in the 12th (spirituality, also confusion), so there may be some confusions in figuring out the right words to say.

Looking at his chart,

Tim

starlink

Hello Colien, welcome to this Forum. I hope you will enjoy your time with us and have a chance to learn more about astrology.

You mentioned that your cousin has a retrograde Mercury, but I dont see that in his chart. The first link you gave, the chart expired, but I got the 2nd link. Ascendant 15° Cancer. Mercury, planet of communication in the 12th.

The orbs astro dienst gives are very large, so that Mars-Mercury conjunction, i.m.o. is way too large and on top of that outgoing. Mercury moves faster than Mars.

He has a totally exact conjunction from Jupiter with Saturn (expansion/limitation) in square with his Mercury, coming from the 4th house of early childhood, upbringing and family (traditions).
A Mercury, and stronger here because it also rules his 3rd house, in the 12th often shows that the child, when still very very young, up till 1 year, was often left on his own, without people talking to him, you know, babytalk, showing that they are there for him, and by looking and talking to the baby, giving him the impulse to "talk" back. There was most probably very little interaction. This could be one of the reasons, together with that square to that conjunction in the 4th house, which makes it difficult for him to express himself in such a way that others understand what he means.

The 12th house is very much a private house as you might know. Now if you look at the Ascendant, Cancer, also known for their shyness, and the ruler Mars, again in that 12th house. The Ascendant shows how he expresses himself to the outside world. Oh yes, in Aries, he can be very outgoing and in the 10th house, he will be able to show that in public, but that Mars ruler pulls him back. After a session out in the open, he badly needs his privacy to get his act together again or to sort out his thoughts. He will always need periods of being totally by himself.

Saturn rules the others, the 7th house and the square from both Mercury and the ruler of the Ascendant Mars to this Saturn show fully the problems he has with other people. He is indeed very afraid of getting hurt emotionally.
The fact that he can be social is more of an act for him. It really costs him a lot of energy (Mars square Moon) to behave in a social way.

Moon, Venus and Pluto are all significators of the Mother or women, especially the Moon of course.
Venus squares Uranus:This is the traditional divorce aspect. He keeps people at a distance, wants to be left alone, does not allow intimacy.
Often this aspect shows an absent mother, either really not there (like having left the child or died) or just too busy doing things and never "be there" for the child.

Venus rules the 4th, usually a sign of peace and harmony and his upbringing has strongly influenced his value system (ruler 4 in th e 2nd.) and the Sun, houseruler 2nd in the 1st. The Sun is in an anaretic (critical) degree.
I get mixed messages here, on the one hand a nice Venus, showing how he values his family and on the other hand these T-squares involving his 4th house Jupiter/Saturn conjunction in square to his 10th house ruler and opposing his Ascendant ruler in the 10th. He could have had serious problems with being disciplined and most probably was not an easy child.
What allerts me is the Jupiter/Saturn exact conjunction in square to his Mercury, 3rd house ruler, showing severe up and down moods, which could even be a sign of mental imbalance like bi-polar disease. Note that also his Jupiter rules his 6th house of illnesses.

My own brother is bi-polar. Extremely bright, also used to be very sociable until he had to go into a boardingschool. When he was 21 he became seriously ill and it turned out that he was manic-depressive. He can still be very sociable, loves people,but more than anything else lives in his own world, mostly by himself.
You wrote:
because he is very pessimitic at times
but probably mean depressed.

Moon opposes Saturn: very careful in showing his feelings, very easily hurt and often a sign of being able to become depressed when transited by Saturn.
Moon square Mars: anger towards women, emotional suppressed anger in general (Mars in 12)
Pluto square Sun: great need of attention, sometimes power struggles with one of the parents or a deep emotional upheaval which left his scars.

He does see the relationship of his parents as very harmonious (Moon trine Sun and Venus sextile Mars) and this also shows that his actions and his emotions are in harmony with each other. He does, what he feels is right for him. Sun sextile Saturn makes him a responsable person (Saturn is exalted in Libra, actually at 21 ° where his Pluto resides and Sun is in term of Saturn).

When he was 17 years old, Jupiter and Saturn, by Solar Arc, conjuncted Pluto, sextiling Neptune.Pluto rules his 5th house of romance and selfexpression.
Solar Arc Venus also sextiled his Ascendant. It could be that he had a romantic encounter at that time, maybe even his first one.

But it could also be that at that time something profoundly changed healthwise. (Jupiter conj.Pluto)
Solar Arc Uranus exactly conjuncted his 6th house of work and illness.

The fact that he has become more and more solitary could be an indication of mental trouble, but of course, I am not a medical astrologer and am just telling you what I see here and what I have seen in other charts related to similar problems. I would keep an eye on him or, if you can, try to figure out what is bothering him. it could also just be a temporary time of confusion for him with Saturn transiting his mental house at the moment, sextiling his Ascendant and natal Mercury. Even though it is a sextile, Saturn still manages to put a domper on your way of being.
Transiting Pluto is also ingoing the exact inconjunct with his Sun. This aspect is a traditional illness aspect and as Pluto transits his 6th house, I would be watching this one.
Neptune is opposing his Venus from the 8th house. Issues related to his family might be very confusing momentarily as well as issues related to love and how to express it.
Transiting Uranus now at 19° Pisces in his 9th house, is trining his Ascendant. An urge for more freedom and also a change in his ideologies and philosophies of life could be the result.

Mercury will soon go direct again and hopefully he will feel less inclined to be alone. Jupiter will enter his 7th house and hopefully that will also bring him into contact with others a bit more and Sun will soon enter his own house, the 5th.

I hope I have given you a better insight into his character. He has anger issues which are deeply burried and which he should learn to face. Mars is the Apex of his T-square. Saturn stops him from taking action which is deeply frustrating for him. Question is, who was Saturn in that 4th house, his father or his mother? He probably does not know it himself but something has happened to him when he was very small which really angered him. Maybe he does know and should try to get this out of his system in order to stay healthy. After all, that Mars also squares Jupiter (high fevers).

Cheers, Starlink

colien24

Thank you Starlink and Wilsontc for the very insightful information.

Starlink, I apologize for the link expiring so early. That was actually his natal birth chart. The second chart was the progressed which is very interesting and explains a lot as well.

First of all Wilson, your explanation about his past SN postioned in the 7th(relationship) makes sense. When younger I remember that he could talk to any strangers without difficulty and loved being the class clown in school. Your theory about the right/left planets and his ability to interact well with others and then being able to focus on himself again is true as well.

Starlink, it seems like you've interpreted the progressed chart that I posted above. Everything that you've mentioned really relates to his past. It almost feels like you've known him already!
My cousin had a pretty good childhood and great parents, but a lot of ups and downs as well growing up. His father was more patient, understanding, protective, and nurturing. His mother was also very caring, but always had difficulty showing the nurturing side of herself. I remember my mother telling me that his mother suffered from depression at one time which made her distant and sometimes a little harsh to the kids at times.

To make a long story short, my cousins parents divorced while he was in grade school and he started to act out at home and had to be placed in a psychriatic hospital several times during his school years. He has turned his life around positively and is very close with his parents more than ever.

The thing that I find interesting is how you mention uranus transiting pluto could be an indication for freedom. Lately he's been talking about wanting to move away from his small childhood town to a larger town nearby. But the transiting pluto worries me? He seems to be doing very well with everything, except for not having close personal relatonships with others:confused:. I will talk and keep a closer eye on him.

Sorry so long and thanks to you both for the information :)

Here's his birth chart link

http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=astro2gw18cousinscharthnz7.gif

BobZemco

Well, that about covers it.

colien24 said:
The thing that I find interesting is how you mention uranus transiting pluto could be an indication for freedom. Lately he's been talking about wanting to move away from his small childhood town to a larger town nearby. But the transiting pluto worries me? He seems to be doing very well with everything, except for not having close personal relatonships with others:confused:. I will talk and keep a closer eye on him.

As long as he is comfortable with who he is, you shouldn't meddle.

Just eye-balling his natal chart, his Ascendant has probably progressed into Cancer making him more of a homebody, but his Sun and Mercury will eventually progress into the 3rd House and he'll interact more with his environment and communicate a little better.

Venus will also progress into the 4th, and he'll probably be involved in a relationship. People with Saturn in the 4th sometimes tend to marry later in life anyway.

But, the bottom line is that as long as he's happy and doing what he wants, who cares if he's introverted.

starlink

Oh Colien, I know, I noticed it also lateron that I took the progressed chart for his natal. Strange that I got many things right though. Looking at his natal chart I can see why.
When I mentioned that his upbringing has had a great impact on his value system, I see in this natal chart ruler of the 4th, Mercury, conjunct his Sun in the 1st house, this also being a sign of how important home is for him.
Psychiatry: Traditional ruler of the 6th, Mars, in the 12th.

Moon opposition Saturn!! The progr. Moon is again back at his natal place, repeating that opposition AND the T-square with Mercury. In the progr. chart it also squares his progressed Mars, now still in the 12th, so the Moons ruler has remained in the 12th house, however, changed sign in the meantime and that sign is far more introverted and sensitive than Gemini which explains why he became more solitary. Gemini is of course much more communicative.

His Sun will enter Leo next year which is a very good thing of course.
I had to laugh when Bob mentioned that he could well get into a relationship, because when I was looking at that Solar Arc Venus and Jupiter getting into his 7th house (progressed chart!!) I thought the same thing. Isn't it weird that you can get the same sort of intuitive insight, even if you have the wrong chart in front of you? This has happened to me before with a wrong time that was given to me. Everything I said fitted, but the chart was not right.

The cousins progressed chart also shows more personal planets below the horizon, (Mercury now also) which maybe shows why he is now somewhat wrapped up in himself.

What is different is of course the Venus-Uranus aspect. A trine at birth but now a square, so over time, he has become more detached, showing what you told us, not keeping close relationships anymore, or rather, not nursing them in contrast to what he used to do when he was younger.

The mental trouble after the divorce is to be expected. However, he still has the Mercury square Jupiter/Saturn conjunction and in his natal chart, the Sun was included as well. The Sun-Jup/Sa. square at birth is now a sextile.

You can forget about that Mercury in the 12th now. That is not anymore valid of course. What we do get now is the opposition from Mercury to Neptune at birth. He could have trouble knowing exactly who he is, but also, he could have been very desillusioned with others and actually should take care that others dont take advantage of him. He could have some friends who are in fact secret enemies (ruler 11 in 12).