Asteroids conjuncting the Ascendant are the most important ones?

DarkWarrior7

Are asteroids that are conjuncting one's Ascendant the most influential ones?

I discovered that I have asteroid Heracles and asteroid Bienor conjuncting my Ascendant (Aquarius). Jupiter is in a conjunction with all of them, too. What would you say this means? These are all archetypal examples of heroes and strong, powerful people. Does this mean that the world sees me that way? BTW, I am a female.

And, it may be important to mention that, even as a kid, I wanted to become a superhero when I grew up and bravery was the thing a valued the most.

AppLeo

Asteroids conjunct the Ascendant, angular points, or personal planets are the most important; it's just that they are all important in different way. Asteroids and the ascendant affect identity and appearance. Asteroids and personal planets affect whatever the personal planet represents.

So with those specific asteroids conjunct your Ascendant, it's no wonder you identified as a superhero. Jupiter just expands the energies.

DarkWarrior7

Asteroids conjunct the Ascendant, angular points, or personal planets are the most important; it's just that they are all important in different way. Asteroids and the ascendant affect identity and appearance. Asteroids and personal planets affect whatever the personal planet represents.

So with those specific asteroids conjunct your Ascendant, it's no wonder you identified as a superhero. Jupiter just expands the energies.

Thanks for your response. I am interested to know something else, too: you mentioned that asteroids conjuncting the angles are very important, I have a stellium on my MC: Pluto, Mercury, Quaoar, Dejanira, Toro, Hidalgo, fixed star Antares and a personal name asteroid. That personal name asteroid represents two people in my life who share the same name. One of them is my muse, somebody I write about, somebody that inspires me and the other person is somebody I have been in love half of my life. Both of those two people have transformed me.
What do you think would mean the fact that I have their name asteroid in a conjunction with MC and all these planets and asteroids?

AppLeo

Thanks for your response. I am interested to know something else, too: you mentioned that asteroids conjuncting the angles are very important, I have a stellium on my MC: Pluto, Mercury, Quaoar, Dejanira, Toro, Hidalgo, fixed star Antares and a personal name asteroid. That personal name asteroid represents two people in my life who share the same name. One of them is my muse, somebody I write about, somebody that inspires me and the other person is somebody I have been in love half of my life. Both of those two people have transformed me.
What do you think would mean the fact that I have their name asteroid in a conjunction with MC and all these planets and asteroids?

The asteroids conjunct your MC are basically flavoring everything the MC represents... reputation, career, life's work, etc... are all being influenced by those asteroids.

The asteroids and the names, I have no idea what that actually means, unfortunately...

DarkWarrior7

The asteroids conjunct your MC are basically flavoring everything the MC represents... reputation, career, life's work, etc... are all being influenced by those asteroids.

The asteroids and the names, I have no idea what that actually means, unfortunately...

I know that in theory. But I am asking you weather you know what these specific asteroids and planets would bring to what the MC represents. Tell me. And the whole name asteroid thing is very interesting. You should google it.

AppLeo

I know that in theory. But I am asking you weather you know what these specific asteroids and planets would bring to what the MC represents. Tell me. And the whole name asteroid thing is very interesting. You should google it.

I'm unfamiliar with those asteroids. I'd look them up, buy a book on asteroids, or seek an astrologer that does know.

Humanitarian

Are asteroids that are conjuncting one's Ascendant the most influential ones?

I discovered that I have asteroid Heracles and asteroid Bienor conjuncting my Ascendant (Aquarius). Jupiter is in a conjunction with all of them, too. What would you say this means? These are all archetypal examples of heroes and strong, powerful people. Does this mean that the world sees me that way? BTW, I am a female.

And, it may be important to mention that, even as a kid, I wanted to become a superhero when I grew up and bravery was the thing a valued the most.
Yes. I have asteroid Panthera conjunct exactly my AC (Gemini) and I look like a typical Leo and when i look at a lion, I thought "Oh, this is me"

Antiks72

i have unukalhai and zuben conjunct my asc :0 also algol on my dsc, idk what orb to use for those though. unukalhai is conjunct my asc at 0 degrees and it says it stands for immorality, accidents, violence and danger of poison, so far i havent done anything too outrageous though lol
Accidents and immorality is probably the most probable of those. The problem with fixed stars is that things have changed, and there's not as much danger of poison or beheadings happening, so we really need an updated, contemporary definition of these stars. Some things still apply, but others don't.

I would be checking the rest of your chart for accident potential. The 3rd/9th house axis for journeys. Personal injuries are Mars, etc.

Antiks72

i actually have an intense sensitivity to drugs, i think they affect me way more than they normally should, its like the effect they have on me is multiplied by 10. usually my friends have a good time while im losing my mind lol, i also struggle with anxiety and stuff so drugs arent the best for me because many of them make your thoughts worse
Check your Neptune aspects and placements too. Either way, avoiding that stuff is blessing for you. Alcohol is a poison.

JUPITERASC

The OP has not been here for almost 6 years. Its unlikely they are coming back to see the answer to the question.

Indeed :)

however other members have similar interests
and members discuss planetary aspect meanings
within any and all contexts
including that of one thousand five hundred asteroids

or a mere 700 asteroids
if that is ones preference

for example:

I use the following asteroids for love and relationship:

Erato, Amor, Bienor, Bosque Alegre, Compassion, Amanda,
Frigga, Klyria, Medea, Rousseau, Summa, Valentine, Anteros, Hathor, Jason, Moraes,
Peirithoos,
Pocahintas, Sidi, Ubasti, Sappho, Amicitia, Patroclus, Cupido, Medusa,
Hephaistos, Demeter, Hera, Thereus, Valentine, Nessus,
Ariadne,
Chariklo, Close, Rhoda, Damocles

Does anyone use others not here, and what do they mean?
Zarathu

its a small number. I regularly use 700 of them

JUPITERASC

Near as I can tell, Zarathu, has not been here for about 9 years as his account is closed.
There is a Zarathu on the web who offers astrology to people on a website. I do not know if this is the same one as here. You could ask him, or her.
In any case, you cannot ask Zarathu here what he meant by using 700 asteroids. That seems excessive, even for someone else who uses asteroids.
I have found that I can use maybe 10% of that number using the work of Martha Lang Wescott as a basis.

Zarathu mentions that book :)
i.e.

Do you have Martha Lang Wescott's book: The Astrology of the Brain
you can search for Tree house MOuntain publishers and buy it directly from Martha. I'm sure that you would find it interesting. You might also contact Martha. What you are doing is what Martha has been studying for almost 30 years using asteroids and the Dial Method. I'm sure that she would have thoughts or suggestions.
Zarathu said the following re: ASTEROID PSYCHE :)
...how you deal with change and how change comes upon you ...are central modifiers in your brain structures
(reptile brain: ASC; Limbic system(feelings):
the Moon; and cognition: Mercury-Jupiter-Saturn-Asteroid Psyche.
The cardinal T-Square is very powerful and very high friction.

JUPITERASC

You do know that Zarathu is not dead, right? He has a presence on the web. You could probably go and ask him questions rather than just quoting stuff from the archives. His website is very very interesting and has lots of great information on it. Maybe he would even take you on as a client, though your traditional astrology leadings would probably blow him away or you:

so link then :)

JUPITERASC

I use Astrodynes to determine the kinds of priorities that you are talking about. That determines the characteristics of every aspect in the chart in terms of two contexts: power and friction. Power would be the amount of action you get for the amount of use of the aspect relationship. Friction would be the degree of disruption or lack there of in using the aspect. So a conjunction with a very high power and very high friction, would be a very difficult one to deal with.

One with very low power but very high friction would be like a fly constantly buzzing across your face---not causing much action but still an annoyance. And conjunction with a very high power and very low friction would be one where you only have to use a little of it, and you get a lot of good things happening. Very low power, and very low friction would mean that you while it causes all the best things of the conjunction, it takes a lot of its use to get much action out of it.

And if the Moon in the chart is high latitude, then this will complicate all the aspects because you will expect to have everything done your way, and thing that do go your way may often get out of hand. We would also need to look at the friction and power of the house that the conjunction takes place and the friction and power of the planets involved, as well as Arabic parts and Asteroids that impact them.

Zarathu kindly left some advice re: asteroid psyche :)

And, I would need to look at how the person perceives the world
in general by looking at their cognition quotient
using the Asteroid Psyche,
and Jupiter, Mercury, and Saturn.

And to complicate everything, the circumstances represented by your current emotional and mental challenges as seen by the Tertiary and Minor Progressed Return Charts, respectively, need to be addressed before we can be sure how the individual's good or bad conjunction is actually impacting their life. I could go on, but I hit the high points, and the reason why a chart is needed, and why a generic discussion, while perhaps of interest to a beginning astrologer, is simply a non-sequitor for a professional.