Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Witchyone

Looks like your 7H NN is of good use after all :lol:
I guess you're right there. :love: I hadn't really thought of it that way because I spend most of my time alone or just with my husband, and I like to work alone. I came from a very tight extended family, and still keep in touch with friends I met in kindergarten.

Aaaaaah, the struggle of artists. We just always seem to be at the receiving end of the stick when it comes to money and respect. We have to work harder than others in order to reach the same level of satisfaction. The only thing that can keep us moving is obsession. You have to reach the state when you just cease to exist if you don't make art, or else you will just give up. And that's what pushes me. I have to make money or else I won't be able to make art, and I would cease to exist subsequently.

Artists should really stick to each other. Art is a rough journey and we need company and comfort.

I can't decide whether to encourage you to keep on keeping or to advise you to chill out so you don't blow a gasket. :wink: The great thing about being any kind of literary or visual artist is it's never over, not until the whole thing is over.

Witchyone

I've been really annoyed with the internet's performance in linking people instead of dividing them of late. This story reminded me about what's good in online anonymity. It also made me cry.

https://www.bbc.com/news/disability-47064773

"Robert and Trude mourned what they thought had been a lonely and isolated life for their disabled son. But when Mats died, they discovered that people all over Europe lit candles in his memory."

moonkat235

I've been really annoyed with the internet's performance in linking people instead of dividing them of late. This story reminded me about what's good in online anonymity. It also made me cry.

https://www.bbc.com/news/disability-47064773

"Robert and Trude mourned what they thought had been a lonely and isolated life for their disabled son. But when Mats died, they discovered that people all over Europe lit candles in his memory."

This made me tear up.

Witchyone

So you literally sit there by your computers, read the article and start crying?

Y

:lol:

What's difficult to believe or understand, that I could sit and cry at my computer because of something I read or watched or that it would be over this article?

I did, yes, but I wasn't sobbing, just shedding some tears. That doesn't happen often, which is why I chose to share this. It impacted me emotionally in a way I felt useful and eye-opening.

My eyes are welling up again right now because I'm thinking about this and why it impacted me, and also I'm smiling. What can I say? I have admitted all over that I'm an emotional person.

P.S. Did this sound pissy and upset? I'm not. This is where Saturn conjunct Mercury messes me up. I come off sounding like I want to fight when I just want to make a point. This doesn't happen in person where my body language can help me speak.

Last edited:

ynnest

:lol:

What's difficult to believe or understand, that I could sit and cry at my computer because of something I read or watched or that it would be over this article?

I did, yes, but I wasn't sobbing, just shedding some tears. That doesn't happen often, which is why I chose to share this. It impacted me emotionally in a way I felt useful and eye-opening.

My eyes are welling up again right now because I'm thinking about this and why it impacted me, and also I'm smiling. What can I say? I have admitted all over that I'm an emotional person.

P.S. Did this sound pissy and upset? I'm not. This is where Saturn conjunct Mercury messes me up. I come off sounding like I want to fight when I just want to make a point. This doesn't happen in person where my body language can help me speak.

No I just just wondered if it was some kind of emotional ”fake News” or if it was authentic therefore my question. But hey, I guess it was for real, who would have thought! A miracle!

Y

Ukpoohbear

Thank you so much for your feedback :) Did you follow my posts here or did you get the link from that other thread?

Yeah right, what happens at that part, I think I tried too hard to get a feeling from the reader. It was just my attempt at engaging the readers, because I'm so afraid no one would come that far in the review because it's so long. I'll go fix it btw.

Did you happen to graduate from a film school or something?

Ah I see what you were trying to do. Would you say you are more emotional than logical? I am too btw and I would love nothing more than to bring passion into logic but it just doesn’t work. Even as an emotional person myself, I have come to see the logic behind discipline because it just reads better. When analysing, the rule is to keep to the critical analysis and leave the creative writing to its side. If there was a way to bring the emotion to a critical analysis then I would be the first to jump on that wagon, but it just doesn’t work.

A most recent example is when I read somebody’s blog about astrology forecasting for each sign and she used flowery language in the descriptions, it didn’t work. It gave you a clue to how passionate she feels for her work, or what atmosphere she was trying to bring but it jsut came across as self-indulgent and also like she was trying to compliment the reader.

If something is informative, it should be clear cut as possible. Like, if you go into a restaurant and you want food, you don’t want someone who has created their own unique take on a menu, you want to see what food is available.

Also, I like your idea about a blog for reviewing little known movies. What I really really want to know is why you are so interested in death and why you like movies about death...it’s like you are a mysterious character yourself who is showing something about yourself but not telling very much. But that’s for another blog and this is more personal, but something I would like to see explored from a spiritual perspective.

Have you seen a movie called ‘le vie est belle?’ It is centre around WW2 and has death in it but has a feel-good comedic tone to it as well. But it’s amazing. Also, the Ghost and Mrs Muir is an old black and white movie I saw on tv and loved the eeriness of it being mainly just about her and the ghost she falls in love with. Another old movie I like is Dial M for Murder. But OMG the movie Rebecca, originally a book by Daphne du Maurier is amazing and she is haunted by the ghost of her husbands ex-wife.

I haven’t done movie analysis I just mentioned movies because of your blog. But I am a student of English Literature and Creative Writing and I want to be an English teacher.

That girl is a different story. She is very emotionally attached to her story. You just have to talk to her to see it. Also judging by how fast she abandons her idea, I don't think it's worth provoking an unnecessary fight. She doesn't seem like she needs a critic, and she isn't committed enough to see a finish project anyway.

Nevertheless, the next time I see her I would say something like "hey, I heard Aquarius is an air sign. And I guess air sign can control air. What do you think?"

I'm pretty attached to my creation too. I just have to learn to tap into my Aqua Uranus to pull out that detachment when I have to see critic on my work :tongue:

Ah yeah I can see why you would be hesitant to suggest something especially given her age. But I was like that too and whether I was pleased or not, it would have stuck in my head. The thing is, and I think you can understand this too, when you get so caught up in your own imagination and can’t find the logic to get yourself out of it, then I really wish someone had told me and not left me to be lost in it. So I would really like her to find her way out of it incase it’s a case of ‘I can’t see the wood for the trees.’

Last edited:

Dirius

No I just just wondered if it was some kind of emotional ”fake News” or if it was authentic therefore my question. But hey, I guess it was for real, who would have thought! A miracle!

Y

Lots of stories such as that one. Nothing fake about them. Ezra Chatterton was well known a decade ago for a very sad case of a kid who died of cancer. He even has some in-game tributes as a consequence.
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Ezra_Chatterton
latest
latest

Gemini888

Ah I see what you were trying to do. Would you say you are more emotional than logical? I am too btw and I would love nothing more than to bring passion into logic but it just doesn’t work. Even as an emotional person myself, I have come to see the logic behind discipline because it just reads better. When analysing, the rule is to keep to the critical analysis and leave the creative writing to its side. If there was a way to bring the emotion to a critical analysis then I would be the first to jump on that wagon, but it just doesn’t work.

A most recent example is when I read somebody’s blog about astrology forecasting for each sign and she used flowery language in the descriptions, it didn’t work. It gave you a clue to how passionate she feels for her work, or what atmosphere she was trying to bring but it jsut came across as self-indulgent and also like she was trying to compliment the reader.

If something is informative, it should be clear cut as possible. Like, if you go into a restaurant and you want food, you don’t want someone who has created their own unique take on a menu, you want to see what food is available.
Am I more logical than emotional? That's a difficult question. It could be that because I can appear too unemotional that I have to try to add more emotion and I end up pouring too much emotion. But at least I can keep a bit of my composure. At least I can point out why my favorite movie is good and don't just rely on "xxx is great"

Yeah, and I sometimes appear too emotional on my blog because I'm afraid people don't have enough patient to read it all. I know my blog is very different from other blogs. Not only because I talk about obscure movies but because I dive in much more detail than other blogs. I'm inspired by reviews on Youtube and I want to combine that kind of review with blogging. So while other blogs just give a brief summary on how a movie is great and add some images for aesthetic value, I go on great lenght to use images to demonstrate my point, just like what you see in a review video.

So while part of me know I'm doing something new, the other part is afraid people won't be able to understand because this is too new. Seem like you like that format I use for my blog

Also, I like your idea about a blog for reviewing little known movies. What I really really want to know is why you are so interested in death and why you like movies about death...it’s like you are a mysterious character yourself who is showing something about yourself but not telling very much. But that’s for another blog and this is more personal, but something I would like to see explored from a spiritual perspective.

Have you seen a movie called ‘le vie est belle?’ It is centre around WW2 and has death in it but has a feel-good comedic tone to it as well. But it’s amazing. Also, the Ghost and Mrs Muir is an old black and white movie I saw on tv and loved the eeriness of it being mainly just about her and the ghost she falls in love with. Another old movie I like is Dial M for Murder. But OMG the movie Rebecca, originally a book by Daphne du Maurier is amazing and she is haunted by the ghost of her husbands ex-wife.

I haven’t done movie analysis I just mentioned movies because of your blog. But I am a student of English Literature and Creative Writing and I want to be an English teacher.

There are 3 reasons why my blog exists:

• This is going to sound Capricorn-like greedy, but I want to draw people toward the book I'm writing. The blog is like the demo of the style of my book. I want people to have a feel of what my book will look like, what subject matter they will expect to get... And also I know producing a book take soooooooo much time, so I want to provide people with something to read while waiting for my future book.
  • I get a kick out of recommending good movies. I recommended some movies on another less popular forum some time ago, whenever someone asked about movies. What I noticed was that my posts tended to be longer and more detailed than other posts. I think it was because I was invested in the movies I recommended and I could find evidence why I liked them. So I guess why not push a bit harder and start a blog where people can find recommendation?
  • I want to fill a hole. As I said before, my blog is a combination of normal blogging and YT videos. I want to see reviews that actually convince people why a movie is good or bad. Also, because I'm interested in obscure movies, I can cover movies no one has seen before, in case someone has the same interest as me and feel frustrated that they can't find a good review on the internet.
I like obscure movies probably because my Aqua Uranus wants everyone to be equal. My sympathy nerve gets triggered when I see a good movie that gets little recognition. Maybe it also has something to do with my history of being lonely and ignored. As for my interest in death, I don't know for sure. Maybe it's my 8H Pluto.

The blog is a good way for me to talk about life too. I can dissert a character or movie to talk about aspects of life.

Once again, thanks you for taking time to read and critique my blog. And the recommendation too. Maybe one day I will open a suggestion section for people to request their movie. Just a plan

Last edited:

ynnest

Lots of stories such as that one. Nothing fake about them. Ezra Chatterton was well known a decade ago for a very sad case of a kid who died of cancer. He even has some in-game tributes as a consequence.
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Ezra_Chatterton
latest
latest

I actually wanted to find out if witchys described emotions where fake but now when I read my sentence again one could very well Make your judgement as well based on what I wrote. Wow! What a dynamic!

Y

david starling

One time, I was working outdoors, landscaping at an expensive place, and an indoor employee walked by on her way home and asked if it was all right for her to "guess my Sign". She guessed I'm either a Pisces or an Aquarius. Turned out her mother's a professional astrologer, and she's taught her daughter a lot about it. She knew nothing personal about me, so it was pure observation. (I'm Sun/Asc/Moon/Merc/Venus/Mars :pisces::pisces::aquarius::pisces::aquarius::pisces:)

Last edited:

Gemini888

One time, I was working outdoors, landscaping at an expensive place, and an indoor employee walked by on her way home and asked if it was all right for her to "guess my Sign". She guessed I'm either a Pisces or an Aquarius. Turned out her mother's a professional astrologer, and she's taught her daughter a lot about it. She knew nothing personal about me, so it was pure observation. (I'm Sun/Asc/Moon/Merc/Venus/Mars :pisces::pisces::aquarius::pisces::aquarius::pisces:)
With so much Pisces and Aqua right there, I'm not surprised the woman could guess your sign :sideways: