Solar eclipse July 2010 at 19 degree Cancer

Neptune Rising

Hi all

I thought I'd start a general thread on this super solar eclipse.

For me, I'm finding it interesting as its nearly opposite the January 2010 solar eclipse which fell on my natal Sun. This July, the eclipse is still aspecting my Chiron. The Solar eclipse was also on the solar return, which was square my Chiron - so the year, amongst other things, has a theme about exploring my wound.

Chironic matters seem to have come to a head recently for me, the height of emotional pain! My progressed Sun has transiting Chiron conjuncting it, and will for some time to come as each one moves slowly. But as Chironic wounds can be quite hard to delve into unless triggered, its a good time to really delve in and bring light to the issues.

So, the Solar Eclipse also falls in my 7th house, just past conjunction to 7th house Saturn, trine to chart ruler and final depositer Jupiter, and square to Chiron! There is actually alot going on for me at this time. The lunar eclipse triggered a release. I am planning a trip to Asia for at least half a year (ideally), I am finishing off a yoga teaching course (Jupiter), as well as exploring my deeply held Chiron wound.

Bit concerned as the eclipse square the IC/MC axis, so maybe this will affect my home/work life. It will in as much as, I'll be leaving both to do my trip...

Interesing also as in the transit chart of the eclipse, Venus is opposite Chiron. Saturn opposes Uranus. Juno is conjunct the eclipse.

For me, the Venus opposing the Chiron - the transiting Chiron is conjunct my progressed Sun, with Venus opposing - I am certainly getting my wound stirred up by a love matter! One thing I've learned today, when all around you is going to chaos, what can you do, expect go through it, preferably with a smile.

My chart with transit

Caro

thanks for starting this post NR.

When is this eclipse is it 11/7 or 12/7?

If it is 19 degrees its close to my natal jupiter in cancer (25 degrees in 9th)which clicks into a grand trine/kite formation. maybe I will get some nice energy out that.

feeling like my head is spinning right now.

I had chiron conj natal sun last year so can understand some of what you are going thro.

venus is quite soothing though -dont you think?

gemini59

The Total Solar eclipse in July is the July 11th at 19'24 Cancer. It is a dragons tail eclipse thus it is accompanied by the south node.
The south node energy can be likened to Saturn.

Though solar eclipses are new beginnings or super new moons with connection to the south node the energy will be more draining.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

My natal Venus is in Cancer 17 06 and is located in my 5th house. Otherwise the only other thing I have close to that in degrees is my Pisces rising 18 33 degrees.

I hear in eclipses you want a small orb. So it would be slightly more than 2 degrees to conjunct my Venus.

For some reason I'm not worried about this eclipse. I've been hanging on trying to get thru Saturn on my Mercury. lol~

But what I love about astrology is that we really do discover that this too shall pass. So it helps to hang in there when the going gets tough.

Neptune Rising

Hanging in there when the going gets tough is great advice, and I've learned, to smile when all else fails, because that can be all you have. :biggrin:

Transiting Chiron conjunct progressed Sun starting now for a year or so now, as they both move slowly, I think I'll be smiling alot in the next year. The eclipses are falling in my 7th/1st house axis so triggering relationship matters for me, starting with last July 2009's solar eclipse opposing my natal Sun. But the progressed Sun is also conjunct progressed Lilith. The lunations over the coming year and a half will be triggering my progressed Sun/Lilith also conjuncting the transiting Chiron. So, relationship matters are likely to bring me some pain, rejection/betrayal (as I've already had), ego realisations, and learning, over the next year or so. I've read that Chiron can bring teachers into your life, I'm trying to figure out who the teacher is now, but perhaps I already know.

NR

Catatonia

Let's see. Within a 3 degree trine of this eclipse I have my Sun...

My Venus is within a 7 degree square, and MC is in Cancer at 11 degrees...

Who knows :) I would suspect whole signs count too. The Greeks had to do it somehow...

Catatonia

sawyer

about chiron , a few things i experienced last year when i had chiron transit square my natal chiron . i fell for someone that opened up all my childhood woods , and the pain was like an open surgery , you can escape from it - but a wound can not be healed unless opened.

on the eclipse , if is a new beggining im lookin forward to it - i just saw it is in conjuction my progressed venus in 5th house!!

pudinnpop

For me this return will be hittin my asc in cancer!! MY asc is at 21 degress natally,so im curious as to how this will affect me..Probably all matters cancer related,including my family and security issues!!

Hope its a good return for me!!

dhundhun

This should be easy, you should be more concerned by Jan 4th eclipse. Sent you PM with relevent information.

AquariusT

It is in my 4th squaring my ASC and Natal Jupiter, opposing my natal Mercury in my MC and of course, the squares the cusp of my 7th house. I would assume my home would be highlighted and I think is favorable for me since it is cancer. But it is a Solar Eclipse, time will tell. I see some other good aspects as well that weekend. I hope it brings good things to you all. :love:

Sanaqua

Hi,

Can anybody explain what exactly are eclipses meant for?? Are they good or bad or depend on their positions, how they'll affect a particular person individually??

Hi Neptune,

you have explained your chart and experience nicely, i think, i'm learning from it.
But like someone here mentioned that we use 2 deg orbs for an eclipse, if the solar eclipse is making no such close, very near to exact degree aspect, would this mean it wont affect that person??

I'll have that in my 3rd house. But i have Moon in Cancer on 13 deg and my 4th cusp is at 24 deg Cancer. Should i take it as meant for both of my 3rd and 4th house matters??
Also, if my Moon is in its sphere of influence, should i take it as a good or bad omen?? Afterall, my Moon is her domicile, so i take it cant harm that.

Peace! :)
Sanaqua

Neptune Rising

Hi Sanaqua

Your Moon sounds quite far from the eclipse. Your Mars is at 24 degree Scorpio? If so, it looks like eclipse very mildly aspects them both. I don't know what those planets rule in your chart. You may want to see what houses they rule, and where they fall. It could bring new start or fresh inspiration to those areas in your chart.

Lunations (the new and full Moons) bring changes. New Moons often bring new starts, fresh starts, new chapters in the areas of life that the Moon aspects and where it falls in the chart. Full Moons can bring things out into the open, illuminating previous hidden things, it can also end things, or allow resolutions... Eclipses are just super powered new and full Moons, they add a lot of extra strength to the aspects of the Moon, they tend to highlight areas of your life that will be a point of focus for the coming year or more, as the eclipses follow the Nodes. Where the nodes are, is where there is likely to be alot of focus.

EG, When Nodes were in my 2nd/8th house axis, and eclipses, I was in a mountain of debt, I borrowed off friends, at the end of it I came into alot of money. Now nodes are in my 1st/7th axis, relationships are the focus for me :andy::tongue:

NR

Sanaqua

Hi Neptune,

Sorry i'm bit confused about what you wrote. Yes, my Mars is on 24 deg Scorpio in my 7th house and my 7th cusp is in Scorpio. So that makes my Mars rulling my 7th by exaltation and intercpted Aries in my 12th house. If i take transits of 11th July on my chart, that makes Sun at 19 degree Cancer. So i should take it as a placement of solar eclipse in my chart right??

If yes, that makes a trine with a 5 degree distance with my Mars in Scorpio. and you're saying that i may have mild effects of Solar eclipse on my Moon and Mars, right??

If yes, my 3rd and 4th house matters would be highlightened and 7th house matters too. (moon rules my 3rd and 4th). Communications, domestic issues and 7th house issues.. Okay..

you said,
" Eclipses are just super powered new and full Moons, they add a lot of extra strength to the aspects of the Moon, they tend to highlight areas of your life that will be a point of focus for the coming year or more, as the eclipses follow the Nodes. Where the nodes are, is where there is likely to be alot of focus."

Sorry i didnt get the point :S

Question 1: even if it is solar eclipse, it would be considered as superpowered full and new moons?? :$

2: How do astrologers see the chart and tell that it's a new moon or full moon or moon in last phases?? By the degrees of signs the're in? or what??

3: Should i see the positions of transiting nodes to see that??

4: like you said about the houses which are focused in your chart and i read above in your posts that Chiron is also involved. So, is it Chiron which is making this unpleasant for you? or like you have mentioned your previous experience too, that you came into financial debt, does that mean that eclipses are always not too good??

I wish you best of luck for your upcoming aspects in your chart. It is a bravery to say that 'i will keep smiling during the difficult times'. I have never noticed or observed it in my charts, but i do have heard many stories about Chiron transits. So i wish that may you have an easy time, sometimes we see very much aggravated aspects which we feel will be strong but they pass with ease. I dont know what is explanation for this in astrology but i have tested it, believe me. It is that i saw Jupiter Saturn oppostion in someone's SR chart in health axis (Virgo/Pisces) and Neptune and Uranus were also involved. I was predicting a difficult time during child birth and illness. But all other indications turned out to be true except this.
So, i really wish you an easy time with your aspects :)

"this shall too pass" :)

Peace
Sanaqua

Sanaqua

P.S. Should i count aspects like sesquiquadrate also which Sun will be making on 11th July with other planets??
Like i have my natal Uranus at 20 degree Saggi which makes a sesquiquadrate with Sun at 18 deg Cancer on 11th July. it's only a degree's difference in aspect perfection, though it is not considered a major aspect. Should i take it as significant??

Buddha

My Descendant is on 19 degree of Cancer. Maybe some love? :)

Also, 2 months latter by Solar Arc. Direction Saturn will be on my Natal Venus exact.

Spicadilly

Sanaqua, I would consider the orb to your Mars valid for the eclipse and even more to the sesquadrate to your Sun. After seeing which house the eclipse fall and aspect 1/7, look at the aspect to your Sun.

Neptune Rising

Sanaqua said:
Sorry i'm bit confused about what you wrote. Yes, my Mars is on 24 deg Scorpio in my 7th house and my 7th cusp is in Scorpio. So that makes my Mars rulling my 7th by exaltation and intercpted Aries in my 12th house. If i take transits of 11th July on my chart, that makes Sun at 19 degree Cancer. So i should take it as a placement of solar eclipse in my chart right??

Hi Sanaqua

Mars is traditional ruler of Scorpio, Pluto is the modern ruler. So Mars rules your 7th house if Scorpio is on the cusp. Yes I agree with Spica the eclipse will aspect your Mars, possibly affecting 7th house issues.

Sanaqua said:
you said,
" Eclipses are just super powered new and full Moons, they add a lot of extra strength to the aspects of the Moon, they tend to highlight areas of your life that will be a point of focus for the coming year or more, as the eclipses follow the Nodes. Where the nodes are, is where there is likely to be alot of focus."

Sorry i didnt get the point :S

New Moon is like a solar eclipse - new moon can signal new starts in the area of the chart that it aspects, or the planet it aspects. Solar eclipse is the same in principle but it is magnified immensley.

Full Moon is similar to a lunar eclipse. Full Moon is when Sun lights the whole of the Moon, so in astrological terms things that were previously hidden can come to light in the full Moon, changes can be made, sometimes endings occur. Lunar eclipse happens when the Earth comes between Sun and Moon, interupting the light. This can cause us to take a re-look at the areas of the chart that are highlighted by the Moon.

There is a link here, towards the bottom of the page there is an explaination of how they work astronomically and astrologically....

Question 1: even if it is solar eclipse, it would be considered as superpowered full and new moons?? :$

Sanaqua said:
2: How do astrologers see the chart and tell that it's a new moon or full moon or moon in last phases?? By the degrees of signs the're in? or what??

3: Should i see the positions of transiting nodes to see that??

Nodes you can see on Astro.com. My friend so sweetly told me once, they look like little headphones, they type that you listen to music on. I wouldnt focus too much on them, unless you want to, until you understand lunar phases and eclipses first. Then it makes more sense how they relate to your life in terms of watching eclipses and their effects. The Nodes show were the focus is, perhaps in terms of fate. (In relation to eclipses, if the lunar nodes are travelling through your 1st/7th house for example, you will be having a series of eclipses in those houses, and if those eclipses aspects your natal planets, then the eclipses are likely to initiate (fateful?) changes in your life.)

The lunar cycle the phases of the Moon, it goes from new back to new, through full ect. Here is a good link which explains lunar cycles far better than I can.

Sanaqua said:
4: like you said about the houses which are focused in your chart and i read above in your posts that Chiron is also involved. So, is it Chiron which is making this unpleasant for you? or like you have mentioned your previous experience too, that you came into financial debt, does that mean that eclipses are always not too good??

I don't see them as good or bad fundamentally. There are always alternative ways of percieving things. Not involving Chiron here - when the nodes where travelling my 2nd/8th house axis, I was in alot of debt and couldnt seem to get out. Short term it was a pain, and frustrating, but long term it taught me a great deal about how to be realistic with my money. Its only money after all.... It also taught me how to not take things for granted, and learning the real value of things.

Chiron in this current eclipse will be squared by the eclipse in my chart. I don't see this as bad. More like, I'm starting to see Chiron as an alchemist in some way... there are things that maybe painful and that I've buried, but these things are causing blockages in my life as long as I carry on with supressed stuff not being dealt with and faced. Perhaps this causes me to react not always rationally when faced with situations that even in minor ways somehow remind me of the supressed things. The eclipse may help me to face these things, which would be initially painful, but long term would hopefully make me alot more whole as a person.

The year started off with solar eclipse on my Sun. This is of course square my natal Chiron. So the solar return has this as a theme! And it has come about that I've had a chance to exlpore some of my Chiron wounding, I hope to transmute it into healing. Maybe this solar eclipse/new Moon is a chance to view it in another way, or take a new perspective on it....

NR

Sanaqua

Sanaqua, I would consider the orb to your Mars valid for the eclipse and even more to the sesquadrate to your Sun. After seeing which house the eclipse fall and aspect 1/7, look at the aspect to your Sun.

Hi spica,

Sun will be in my 3rd house and within five degrees of my 4th cusp. Cancer in my chart is duplicated and is on the cusps of both 3rd and 4th. And i have Moon in cancer in 3rd too.
I have Uranus at 20 degrees Saggi (in my 8th house) which actually makes a sesquiquadrate with transitting Sun at 19 deg Cancer on 11th July, with only a degree's difference.

If i take this aspect significant too, then i think it is pointing towards some matters related to inheritance in some foreign country. Its just a guess because i'm about to start a legal procedure in the said matter.

DevilshAngel

It's gonna be in my 8th house:andy: which the cusp is also natally Cancer. My Jupiter is natally in Cancer.
Aspects hmm Trine my moon 4 orbs opposite my venus and mars and saturn.
Still trying to get the hang of learning transits and eclipses, any ideas?
Does it matter where my jupiter is?

Sanaqua

Hi Sanaqua

Mars is traditional ruler of Scorpio, Pluto is the modern ruler. So Mars rules your 7th house if Scorpio is on the cusp. Yes I agree with Spica the eclipse will aspect your Mars, possibly affecting 7th house issues.

New Moon is like a solar eclipse - new moon can signal new starts in the area of the chart that it aspects, or the planet it aspects. Solar eclipse is the same in principle but it is magnified immensley.

Full Moon is similar to a lunar eclipse. Full Moon is when Sun lights the whole of the Moon, so in astrological terms things that were previously hidden can come to light in the full Moon, changes can be made, sometimes endings occur. Lunar eclipse happens when the Earth comes between Sun and Moon, interupting the light. This can cause us to take a re-look at the areas of the chart that are highlighted by the Moon.

There is a link here, towards the bottom of the page there is an explaination of how they work astronomically and astrologically....

Nodes you can see on Astro.com. My friend so sweetly told me once, they look like little headphones, they type that you listen to music on. I wouldnt focus too much on them, unless you want to, until you understand lunar phases and eclipses first. Then it makes more sense how they relate to your life in terms of watching eclipses and their effects. The Nodes show were the focus is, perhaps in terms of fate. (In relation to eclipses, if the lunar nodes are travelling through your 1st/7th house for example, you will be having a series of eclipses in those houses, and if those eclipses aspects your natal planets, then the eclipses are likely to initiate (fateful?) changes in your life.)

The lunar cycle the phases of the Moon, it goes from new back to new, through full ect. Here is a good link which explains lunar cycles far better than I can.

I don't see them as good or bad fundamentally. There are always alternative ways of percieving things. Not involving Chiron here - when the nodes where travelling my 2nd/8th house axis, I was in alot of debt and couldnt seem to get out. Short term it was a pain, and frustrating, but long term it taught me a great deal about how to be realistic with my money. Its only money after all.... It also taught me how to not take things for granted, and learning the real value of things.

NR

Hi Neptune,

I was writing reply to your post yesterday when my internet connection left me disconnected from here and i couldnt post..

Thanks a lot for writing me in detail and posting those links. I have gone through only a little of the first link when i was disconnected. Okay, i got the meanings of the new moon and solar eclipse and full moon, i think.

My another question, bit off-the-topic is that i have seen astrologers on the same forum, telling people from their natal charts that while you were born moon was full or new. How do they tell this by just seeing the chart??

Like Lunar eclipse occurs when the earth comes in between Sun and the Moon. (I am reminded of what i had read in my science book) In a chart, it would be presented how?? we would be able to see Sun and Moon in opposition aspect??

Lunar nodes- I have tr. True node right now in my 9th house. So they make an axis of 3rd/9th house. South Node (opposite to true node) is transitting 11 deg cancer conjunct my natal moon at 13 deg else, i have tr. Moon conjunct Sun on the exact degree. i-e Tr. Moon and Tr. Sun both are at 19 deg cancer in my 3rd house. I just have had my Lunar return too, so i think that this is exciting. :smile: (????)

Cheers,
Sanaqua.