How did you get into astrology?

I was in the eighth grade actually. My English teacher started asking us students what our birthdays were. I found that rather odd, but it's sort of what got the ball rolling for me. She was into astrology and she started filling me in on the traits of my sun sign.. I've been fascinated ever since. Corny and lame, I know.

Cassiopeia

In my case it was by accident... I read an article about astrological birth charts and I made mine... The more I read, the more I wanted to know. I never believed in astrology before and never liked being a Virgo as I felt I cannot identify with the general description of the basic astrology, but then little by little I discovered astrology is more than I knew (and I knew so little) and far more interesting...:happy:

Mfroyer

i read one too many cosmo magazines and over analyzed every monthly horoscope in the back of the books. :pinched: that was honestly my first taste of it.
Eventually I came across it again while studying mythology and the constellations (i eventually learned constellations and astrological signs branched away from each other)
And gradually my curiosity grew as I got older and developed a curiosity about why I responded and learned things the way I did. Long story short, my overly analytical nature drew me into charting.

AppLeo

I've been so thankful that I was introduced to astrology. I found astrology about a year and half ago by talking to an online friend. The topic of astrology just came up, and having an interest in psychology at the time, astrology was an alternative meaning to understanding my personality so I was open to it. My friend was really into it and actually knew the his own chart and told me that your "Zodiac sign" is actually your Sun sign. I got even more into astrology by watching Alyssa Sharpe on youtube because of her kid-friendly knowledge on astrology. So yeah, really great stuff.

animatedoodle

It's so nice to read all these responses and see how people are attracted to astrology, Virgo energy because its systematic in a way and they can categorise it, Leo, because it tells them more about themselves, Aquarius because they can have another tool to help them find the truth. Fascinating.

I was a kid maybe about 11, when my mother who always had a huge group of friends (Leo/Aries) brought a friend home who was a Sagittarius. She was amazing this friend. Let me tell you about her. She was small, pretty in this zest for life way. Huge personality, always thinking big. I loved her. She sat me down one day and told me that she could sense that there was something different about me. So she asked my mother my birth details and the next day she came back with a huge red Ephemeris, and a piece of paper with a chart on it. She then explained it all to me. But I was super young, so all I could digest was that she said I was very creative and had immense artistic potential. I just went with that (Pisces Moon, tell me what to do please...I can't make up my mind on my own) and art became my life. I did study Astro a bit, when I had some spare time within my spare time. And it took years, way after my Saturn return to realise that I was spiritually starving. So I'm back! Full force writing up my own report which is taking forever, since my Aries Mercury swims in Piscean water. But am I'm so much happier listening to people understand themselves better though this art. I can spend hours listening to you guys try and explain your reasonings and your dreams :) It's like eating the best cake with the best cup of tea. :biggrin::cool::biggrin:

Kbear

It started with my mom and her best friend. As the only daughter, they would drag me along for all their luncheons, and outings, and talk to me about things they believed were facts. They both loved astrology (the sun sign part) and would speak to me about it all the time. So as a child, as I grew up, I knew my sun sign, and knew when I was "acting out" my sun sign, as they would say. They were pretty good at it too. Funny enough, although sun signs were factual and real, they saw horoscopes as unfactual and just for fun.

I probably would have stumbled unto astrology faster than I did, but they believed equally other metaphysical things. Such as ghosts, intuition, psychic tendencies, and the ability to predict, in some way the future. So when I entered adulthood, I began researching and further understanding those parts of my shared history first. I stumbled unto astrology slower. First learning, when an astrologist I was speaking too, asked if I knew my other placements...which I was kind of like, whatttt??? Recently, however, I started realizing how important all the planets were, and now I want to understand how they relate to each other better.

I like to understand the things I believe. Or to place foundations on things that I feel are true but cant explain. So eventually I knew I would delve deeper into this subject as well.

Kscar

I've always been drawn to what mainstream calls esoteric and the occult, from very young, It all feels like home. :biggrin:

Kscar

It's like eating the best cake with the best cup of tea. :biggrin::cool::biggrin:

Or finding a great book that you end up immersed in, whether its a protagonist like Alice or An Antagonist Like Like the Red Queen that happens to be the focal point. Myself would like be the Hatter.

DavidMcCann

I was at university and I had a vacation job in a bookshop that had a copy of Mayo's Teach Yourself Astrology. Out of curiosity, I bought it and cast my horoscope. Everything seemed to fit, except my Ascendant: there was no way that I could be a Taurean. My mother insisted that the birth time was right, so i wondered if Mayo was wrong in showing my birth date as during summer-time. I went to the library, checked the old newspapers, and sure enough he was wrong: my Ascendant was Gemini. That was clear proof that I had not accepted the horoscope out of gullibility, as the skeptics would claim. I was hooked!

starsinger

it all started when i was younger when i read my horoscope on www.astrosofa.com
i quickly showed quite a lot of interest for star signs, ascendantes, planetes, etc ..

then in school we learnd about the solar system and all of the sudden i became a good student :tongue:
my mum bought me some extra books for at home, to read more about stars and planetes.

so i guess this is how it all started hihi :alien:

Sonkido

I for one can't think of a time when I wasn't into Astrology. But it took me a while to start seriously studying it. I've always had an interest in the esoteric arts so to say, I've read a lot on the subject for years. First I needed to dip my feet deep into Tarot (which I seriously started learning around 2007), but a few months ago it stopped working for me (as in too much effort, it started feeling like an energy drain, plus I stopped finding it relevant for me atm). And then I thought, what a great time to start dipping my toes into Astrology! :-D

Bambi95

Account Closed
I was always interested in my Sun sign and would constantly read the news paper's section on it. Since my Sun is in Domicile (Conjunct Venus) and in the first house, I really can associate myself with lots of atypical Leo traits. But then my friend, whom I didn't know was into astrology, told me a little bit about natal charts and such. Needless to say, I was interested and did some digging on my own. I've been reading pages from Skyscript for a little over 3 weeks now and I find the rabbit hole every so interesting. :biggrin:

Johny

How did you get into astrology? A few months ago my friend created a website - horoscope2017.org and he asked me to look on it. My sign is Leo, and i liked predictions which were on that website, but i understand that they can be innacurate, cause my friend missed most of astrology lessons in high school. So I decided to find out more information about future and astrology things and i found an astrologyweekly.com. So now i am here, and i want to know everything about horoscopes, astrology and my future. :w00t:

rayla2055

Banned
How I got into astrology ok now, I was scanning through this newspaper and I saw this thing called zodiac signs. "I was like what in the world is zodiac signs", as you can tell that was the beginning of my journey.

Right, so, a friend of mine, a tiny little punk-geek named Mouse (not his real name, obviously), was telling me about his wiccan religion. I don't subscribe to religion in general, but I think the subject is very interesting, so I'm always open to hearing about it. Anyway, the coversation somehow shifted to astrology, and having had no first-hand experience, I asked what the deal with it was. The explanation he gave me was interesting enough, but he offered to let me borrow a copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astrology, which he kept on-hand just for situations like that. After just the first few chapters, which I read in one sitting, I had a clear enough understanding of the subject to realize that not only was there enormous potential for the study to change how humans live and interact for the better, but also that the subject was brutally and unfairly maligned. Pretty much from that point forward, I made it a personal obligation to alter the public perspective on the subject. And here we are!