Best Career based on chart

Seneka

Hi guys,
I there a way to tell which profession I'd be best for based on my chart?

Attachments

• seneka.gif
    seneka.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 40

Osamenor

Staff member
Your birth chart gives very rough parameters of what you would need in your working life, but it doesn't spell out your profession. You have a lot of room to choose.

What do you want to do? If you're currently employed, what do you currently do? What have you done in the past? Do you notice that a certain kind of work environment suits you best (ie busy or quiet, working alone or working with others, 9 to 5 or a varied schedule, office or a different kind of setting)?

Answering those kinds of questions would help us see how your career choices fit with your chart. If you're currently needing to make a career choice, your chart could be helpful as a guide, but it's even more helpful to start with what you're choosing between. Birth charts allow for so many possible choices that if we just started throwing out careers based on your chart alone, those careers would include many that you're not interested in and/or have no opportunity to pursue.

Seneka

Your birth chart gives very rough parameters of what you would need in your working life, but it doesn't spell out your profession. You have a lot of room to choose.

What do you want to do? If you're currently employed, what do you currently do? What have you done in the past? Do you notice that a certain kind of work environment suits you best (ie busy or quiet, working alone or working with others, 9 to 5 or a varied schedule, office or a different kind of setting)?

Answering those kinds of questions would help us see how your career choices fit with your chart. If you're currently needing to make a career choice, your chart could be helpful as a guide, but it's even more helpful to start with what you're choosing between. Birth charts allow for so many possible choices that if we just started throwing out careers based on your chart alone, those careers would include many that you're not interested in and/or have no opportunity to pursue.
Fair enough.

I'm doing office work 9-5, marketing.

I want to turn music production into my "profession". I'm good at music, just wasn't able to capitalize on it so that it could be used as source of income rather than hobby.

capee

this one is correct or wrong can you say it ?

1 your position is a authoritative place (like a department head some kind of commanding you have subordinates )

2 your placement have some troubles happen (your bosses not good always )

3 your work environment is good (may be love affairs happen in there )

4 your working free (low effort but earn good )

5 your financial status ups and down

6 your dreaming person and your religious?:innocent:

and your job purpose for care of family and your self

you need to think about it change career :sad:

and your next dasa is not good

think about it

thanks

Seneka

this one is correct or wrong can you say it ?

1 your position is a authoritative place (like a department head some kind of commanding you have subordinates )

2 your placement have some troubles happen (your bosses not good always )

3 your work environment is good (may be love affairs happen in there )

4 your working free (low effort but earn good )

5 your financial status ups and down

6 your dreaming person and your religious?:innocent:

and your job purpose for care of family and your self

you need to think about it change career :sad:

and your next dasa is not good

think about it

thanks

1. I don’t have subordinates, nor do I have any commanding value. I am a one-person department,
2. Yes, my boss is not always good, but that’s in most work environments.
3. My work environment is agreeable but not inspiring or friendly. In fact, the atmosphere is quite volatile and gloomy. Romance is out of question, nor did I notice any romantic interest toward me.
4. I’d say that I’m underpaid considering how much time and money I’ve invested in my education. I could make double if I switched jobs / career / found a better place. My work environment is rather strict.
5. Financial status is steady because I carry on regardless. I stick with it and don’t gamble.
6. Yes, I daydream. I’m a creative more than anything else, so it’s expected. I am not religious. I am atheist but like philosophy and social theories.
7. How can I make money from “care of family and yourself”? Caring for family as main job is not financially rewarding and will undermine my ability to provide for my future self. Housework is undervalued and never paid, it’s a known fact. Maybe be more clear?
8. Yes, and the question is – how, in which area, when, will it be fruitful. Can I make a career from music?
9. Next Career dasa is not good? I’m not familiar with vedic astrology but if my future dasa is not good, then my dasas weren’t good for a good 4 years! I’ve been through a major personal crisis in the past two years.

Seneka.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
How sure are you of your birth time?

I ask because when the birth time ends in 0 or 5, it's usually rounded. Since your sixth house cusp is in the last degree of its sign, even a minute's difference between your actual birth time and listed birth time could change the sign of your sixth house cusp from Taurus to Gemini. Which one it actually is tells us something about your day to day work.

Sixth house shows, in a general way, what you need your day to day routine to be like. Tenth house shows how you can best make your reputation. Career is part of that picture, because our career is often how we're known (she's a lawyer, he's a teacher, etc.).

Since your MC is not near its sign cusp, we can say with certainty that you have a Libra MC, with Mars and possibly Saturn conjunct it. Venus is its ruler. Looking at your sixth house, it might be ruled by Venus or Mercury, depending on which sign its cusp is really in.

Your interest in music fits the artistic side of Libra, who wants to create beautiful things. It also fits quite well with Taurus--one of Taurus's archetypes is the musician. Gemini isn't out of the question as part of this picture; Gemini is about communication, and music is communicative. So is marketing, of course.

If you're a Gemini sixth house, I would expect your work to frequently involve speaking, literally or metaphorically: maybe teaching, writing, journalism, interviewing, something involving words, movement, or both. Taurus brings to mind slow and steady and possibly physical work. I see Taurus sixth house being someone who would just charge ahead and get it all done, however onerous, or would give themself over to the process of doing something. Like a sculptor working with the clay for hours at a stretch.

Having fire sign placements for your sun, moon, and ascendant suggests that you're a doer. You need to be involved and engaged in whatever you do, whether it's job or something else.

This isn't a prediction of whether you will or will not make it as a professional musician. Rather, an opening dialog.

Last edited:

Seneka

Can’t speak of my birth time in absolutes, but it’s what my mother told me. It’s probably rounded.

I’ve tried to reverse check and it seems like my major life events are linked to Jupiterian cycles, which makes me somewhat certain about my Ascendant being Sagittarius and Jupiter chart ruler. That much I CAN tell.

In the 6th house a crossover between Gemini and Taurus is indeed possible, though I’m not sure whether my career choices were result of circumstances or vocational.

I can confidently say that music is certainly my dream and something I am obsessed over since I become self aware as a child. Though being from a poor family and all, I couldn’t afford making bad choices. Art doesn’t always payoff. I couldn’t gamble.

Sun, Moon and Asc in fire signs – I have creative visions. And when I see it in my mind I can follow through and reach it, as I get swallowed by the process. My best workflows (as in effortless, fully intuitive) are in creative tasks. I can drive myself quite a lot without much convincing. Especially if I have the vision.

Of course it’s not a prediction. That would be quite a liability :)
Although, astrology does have a predictive capability. No doubt.

Hermeshadesluna

I see you making money (10 house ruler in the 2nd) from being an innovative (Venus in Aquarius) authority figure (Saturn) in the realm of arts, law, relationship counseling with the desire to bring harmony and diplomacy in that arena (Mars in Libra conjuct MC). With Gemini 6th house, it will be fast paced with a lot of thinking and communicating going on and you'll definetly spread the word amongst your siblings, neighbors
(Mercury in 3rd, 6th house ruler) and localities as a way of connecting with the conciousness in that area emotionally (Pisces). I also see you valuing it (10th ruler in 2nd, again)

aquarius7000

Looking at your 10th house, you might actually do your own business some day. If not, you might free lance and work from home. Venus in Aquarius with Mars on the MC means that you need a lot of freedom and actually like working on your own terms.

Osamenor

Staff member
Can’t speak of my birth time in absolutes, but it’s what my mother told me. It’s probably rounded.

I’ve tried to reverse check and it seems like my major life events are linked to Jupiterian cycles, which makes me somewhat certain about my Ascendant being Sagittarius and Jupiter chart ruler. That much I CAN tell.
I'm not disputing your rising sign. Even if your birth time is a few minutes off, it wouldn't change your rising sign because your ascendant is in the middle of its sign. If it were near the cusp, that would be a possibility.

In the 6th house a crossover between Gemini and Taurus is indeed possible, though I’m not sure whether my career choices were result of circumstances or vocational.
Some of both. That's what people's career choices are. And why it's crucial to know something about a person's circumstances, and their interests, in order to give a vocational interpretation of their chart.

I can confidently say that music is certainly my dream and something I am obsessed over since I become self aware as a child. Though being from a poor family and all, I couldn’t afford making bad choices. Art doesn’t always payoff. I couldn’t gamble.
That you would say this (the bolded part) is perfectly reflected in your chart. Most of your planets on the left side indicates a sense of self sufficiency. And you've got a strong Saturn: angular and in a sign it likes to be in (Saturn is exalted in Libra). I see that in your sense of caution and frugality.

If you ever do become a professional musician, you'll need to do it in a cautious way. Not just jump out there and hope for the best. I'm not personally familiar with the music industry, so I have no idea if this is true or just my perception of it, but I think of it as a risk takers' game. People who make it big as musicians seem to be the ones who throw caution to the winds, stake their lives on the chance of getting the great gig, etc. Again, no idea if this is really so.

Sun, Moon and Asc in fire signs – I have creative visions. And when I see it in my mind I can follow through and reach it, as I get swallowed by the process. My best workflows (as in effortless, fully intuitive) are in creative tasks. I can drive myself quite a lot without much convincing. Especially if I have the vision.
Fits very well with Sag/Aries.

Of course it’s not a prediction. That would be quite a liability :)
Although, astrology does have a predictive capability. No doubt.

Have you seen the many threads in this forum where people expect detailed predictions based on only their birth charts? Your attitude is refreshingly unusual. :smile:

capee

thank for reply boss (my English is not good ok ) i think your birth time is mostly correct

i said same thing "Osamenor" said "This isn't a prediction of whether you will or will not make it as a professional musician. Rather, an opening dialog"

your chart not indicate strongly music career that s prob

but i think you can understanding logic i say every maths how it is figure out

1 your not earning is good like you think second house siting a ketu and second house lord siting 12 house (ju + pluto destroyer) (12 house mean spending 2 house is earning+ saving money you cant much saving am i correct )

2 11 house has a sat+ mars it creating a war zone it probably damage your earn + you have sakata yoga finance trouble

3 your 10 house lord siting 5 house (yes you have talent of music and romanticism ) but week sun siting Saturn nakshastra

4 your career purpose is good life and peaceful and material gain life why it said your dasamsha chart (some one like to religion or some thing)

5 moon dasha 2014 -2024 its not good specially mas and rahu dasha (moon mean mind )

6 i think you not choosing a music blindly if you choosing that you need suffer consequence

7 your education is not good (primary) but you try you can gain higher studies

8 i mean religious you like philosophy ( your 9 house is good Jupiter (search in Jupiter mean astrology ) in 12 house)

i need to know your health you have feet, hart burn , and stress prob?
and are you marred?

Seneka

Have you seen the many threads in this forum where people expect detailed predictions based on only their birth charts? Your attitude is refreshingly unusual. :smile:[/QUOTE]

I took a plunge into astrology about two months ago. I was looking for answers and no traditional guidance was able to provide. First lesson I learned was how easy it is to oversimplify information, it'll divert your path in an instant. Astrology can be very revealing, but make an error of judgement and it's equally concealing...which rolls you back to square one.

I read with caution, no worries. ;)

Seneka

thank for reply boss (my English is not good ok ) i think your birth time is mostly correct

i said same thing "Osamenor" said "This isn't a prediction of whether you will or will not make it as a professional musician. Rather, an opening dialog"

your chart not indicate strongly music career that s prob

but i think you can understanding logic i say every maths how it is figure out

1 your not earning is good like you think second house siting a ketu and second house lord siting 12 house (ju + pluto destroyer) (12 house mean spending 2 house is earning+ saving money you cant much saving am i correct )

2 11 house has a sat+ mars it creating a war zone it probably damage your earn + you have sakata yoga finance trouble

3 your 10 house lord siting 5 house (yes you have talent of music and romanticism ) but week sun siting Saturn nakshastra

4 your career purpose is good life and peaceful and material gain life why it said your dasamsha chart (some one like to religion or some thing)

5 moon dasha 2014 -2024 its not good specially mas and rahu dasha (moon mean mind )

6 i think you not choosing a music blindly if you choosing that you need suffer consequence

7 your education is not good (primary) but you try you can gain higher studies

8 i mean religious you like philosophy ( your 9 house is good Jupiter (search in Jupiter mean astrology ) in 12 house)

i need to know your health you have feet, hart burn , and stress prob?
and are you marred?

Hey,
Not sure about other stuff, but if there's anything *not broken/ not bad* about me it's education.

#7 is way off.