Career options for Virgo Midheaven ?

joazinch

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to astrology and my main goal is to use it to understand if there is anything that I'm supposed to do in terms of career and purpose.

I'm asking for a little bit of help because I'm very confused about this. My midheaven is in virgo and Mercury ( ruler of virgo ) is in the eight house.
My sixth house ( work and routine if I understand correctly ) is in taurus and its ruler (venus) is also in the eight house. All this leads me to think that my eight house is pretty strong and that I should be looking into it more for insight on my career options, but it's the house of death, taxes transformation and sex with is why I'm confused.
I also have a strong second house ( 4 planets ), but I think saturn here puts some limitations right ?

Here is my chart :

=====> My chart

now a few more informations about me : I'm 29 years old and I dont have a too high education. After high school I've studied in sales and management for two years but I feel like I haven't acquired much knowledge during this period. After my studies I went back and forth between being unemployed and doing minimal wages jobs.

My main passion in life is music. I have a few experiences in teaching guitar but for the past three years my main focus was to learn how to sing and I like it. I'm currently working on writing songs to start a band with a drummer friend of mine.

I'll stop here as I don't want to bore you guys to death but if you have any question I'll answer it. Please excuse me if my english isn't perfect I'm from France.

Also I'll be very grateful towards anyone who will help me read this chart. Thank you very much :wink: :biggrin:

blackbery

Bonjour,
No need to apologize, your English is fine. Better than my French!

Okay, when it comes to purpose, what is your passion? With that Moon/Neptune you must be artistic and sensitive so carry on with singing and song writing if that is what you love. Have a Sun/Mercury 9th house tells me you would excel as a teacher and working overseas. yes, technically Mercury is in 8th but I place it in 9th due to proximity.
Having planets in 2nd house indicate you like take initiative in your employment and probably should work for yourself. Yes, Saturn in 2nd can be a bit of a burden to your income from work but it can also make you very good at budgeting and stretching your euros to last. Some people with Jupiter in 2nd receive a lot of money but blow it and never learn the Saturn lessons. When you receive money, you use it more wisely.

Having a Virgo MC can indicate excellence in research, writing, mathematics. But only if it's your passion. It can also indicate song writing and speaking in general, maybe even as a therapist. But you need to look at the entire chart for your vocation and your NorthNode is in Pisces, a very artistic sign. They say you should look to your NN for your purpose in life.

Hope this helps.

BB

joazinch

Hi Thank you so much for your answer.

So my passion is music. I'd say I'm even a bit obsessed with it. I love having my mind blown by good creative songwriting and I love mostly rock music because it has a strong emotional charge. Now I doubt myself constantly because deep inside I feel like it could not really turn into a career.

You are right regarding my 2nd house. I have a hard time integrating the corporate world and working for others. I don't like the idea of having to take responsibilities for some enterprise that isn't mine and it creates a lot of frustrations for me. I feel like I should work for myself but I have such a hard time figuring out how exactly ...

You're also talking about mathematics. To be honest I've always felt pretty comfortable with the idea of software programming but I'm a bit scared that I would take me away from music ( lots of self doubt ) especially since i would have to learn everything at 29 years old.

Animatrix

Neptune is trine Midheaven so this could indicate something related to creativity, or perhaps selfless service of some sort, since Virgo ultimately stands for service to others, and your MC is in Virgo.

But with Moon and Neptune in the 2nd house, this could really indicate that you earn money creative pursuits.
Your North Node is in Pisces, meaning that you will have to realize and accept that the world we live in is far from perfect, and that the only path to happiness is to include some spirituality into this World (Pisces) and be less discriminative. Being less discriminative is very important for you, because you can be fault-finding with Virgo South Node. Since your North Node is in a highly creative and artistic sign (Pisces) this is definitely a sign that a creative field is right for you. However, North Node is located in the 4th house, the house of your inner foundation and home. This placement is tough if you are looking for achievements in the professional world, because your spiritual mission will take much energy from your public life, in order to improve your inner foundation and family life.

North Node in 4th house is not really a good placement for public recognition.

muchacho

Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to astrology and my main goal is to use it to understand if there is anything that I'm supposed to do in terms of career and purpose.
For career and purpose just looking at the MC is not enough. You have to, at least, also look at ASC plus chart ruler, Sun and 10th house plus 10th lord.

SailorPluto911

Hello Joazinch,

I have some similar placements in my own chart
I have Virgo MC with mercury in the 8th. Currently im studying Psychology, did that ever interest you?

Maybe you would be interested in detective work? Or forensics? Or maybe Counselling of some sort? (Financial with venus in the 8th perhaps)

Im just thinking about the 10th house - 8th house link

Maybe you would be good at dealing with money matters, businesses and data analysis

Im very crafty and good with my hands, i have a passion for art and im hoping some day to combine my skills with psychology and so art therapy, if you were interested in that kind of thing then maybe you could do the same with music!

I think that would fulfil my virgo mc's need to be of service to others