Will I be able to break the lease?

Moradiva

I moved into a new apt Feb 1 & immediately, I disliked it. I drew a chart on Feb 25 asking if I'll be able to break the lease legally. I am Moon in Gemini in 11th of hopes .. interestingly, I am trining Mercury (ruler of 3rd/contracts) in 3 degrees. 3 mos? .. which is now. The apt has become more & more unpleasant with a chronic ceiling leak in bathroom (amongst other things). I've stressed this to management & just this past week I've informed them that I will not pay rent & will terminate the lease if not properly repaired. (A maintenance guy comes & just patches the ceiling but then it leaks again that night!) The guy at management only said "ok" when I said I won't pay. No clue what ok means.

Btw, I currently have Uranus transiting my natal 4th house & it's no joke.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_break_lease_hr.45898.61540.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_break_lease_hr.45898.61540.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Marinka

I use whole sign, all planets and the moon identifies the question.

In this case, moon is in the 12th which indicates that your spoken question is probably not the one that the chart is answering or that you are hiding information pertinent to the question.

As you noted, moon is trining Mercury but, it is not the last aspect that occurs before moon moves out of sign. Mercury also rules the 12th house which could lead to interpret as you (moon) making a trine (positive) to the 12th house of secrets. The last aspect the moon makes is the square (negative) to Chiron which is the modern ruler of the 3rd which would be the contract.

From my interpretation, this does not bode well for breaking the lease without having repercussions.

Hamayon

The house's poor condition is well-expressed by Venus in Aries. It's true that moon trines mercury, but mercury is under the rulership of the management (7th house). So while you are very interested in the contract (moon in Gemini) the contract isn't interested in you but rather your opponent (mercury in Aquarius). Also mercury is in the 8th, so belongs to your opponent's money.

But: Saturn is received into detriment by Jupiter (management is weakened by your servant, I.e. The repairman or whoever, who obviously didn't do his job. Jupiter is retro grading back into the first (a repairman is coming back to your home). mercury will oppose Jupiter in five degrees. Don't know what to make of this. The contract will force the repairman to do better work? The repairman's performance will somehow challenge the contract? No idea.

However, with Mars on the Midheaven a fight seems likely.

Moradiva

** UPDATE **

I broke the lease legally & am spending the first night in my new apt that I love! I had to get the Board of Health & the Building Inspector involved. I consulted a lawyer & put my rent in escrow before the landlord agreed to terminate my lease.

rafaella

** UPDATE **

I broke the lease legally & am spending the first night in my new apt that I love! I had to get the Board of Health & the Building Inspector involved. I consulted a lawyer & put my rent in escrow before the landlord agreed to terminate my lease.

Awesome! Thanks for updating!

I suppose Mercury/Jupiter opposition was the breaking of the contract. Jupiter rules your 9th of lawyers in your 2nd (in advisory position) and there is mutual reception between 9th ruler and 2nd ruler, Jupiter and Sun.

That angular Mars here is actually very good, it rules the 10th, has very good dignity and I suppose would be the board of inspectors etc that got involved. Mars trines Saturn (landlord) but with negative reception, Mars in fall of Saturn...Mars was fair and not let Saturn get away with things.

Good to learn from the result :)