Mental diseases and Sagitarrius/Jupiter afflictions

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi. I am fortunate enough to have the natal charts for 3 people diagnosed with psychiatric disturbances-all born under the sign of Sag.
Case 1. is diagnosed bi-polar: Her sun in 6H (sag) squ. jup on 3rd house cusp T square Mars on H9 cusp. Merc (in Sat. sign cap) 7H cusp. Sat. Cj Venus H5cusp Squ Pluto (H2).Her ist house Uranus squ Neptune in H3 and Uranus squ. MC. TWO INCONJUNCTS: Sat to Mc and Moon to merc. (moon in H1 leo)

Case 2 : Diagnosed schizophrenia;
Sun in Sag; moon in cap in H9 squ Neptune H7 cusp.
Sat/pluto cj squared by Jupiter; Uranus opp Mars Yod formed from uranus to Mc to Mercury/venus cj in Scorpio...(not sure about birth times. the woman is a pathological liar (!)
Case 3: Narcissistic personality Disorder
Sag sun squ neptune in H6; Uranus in H1 squ Mars in H4: Sat inconjunct pluto; moon cj Mars; 4 inconjuncts - yod from sun to jupiter to moon/mars cj in unstable cancer.
Ive noticed that unfavourable aspects between a number of the malefics and the luminaries can produce instability, especially when h6 and h3 and obviously H10. are strongly involved by H rulership or occupations by planets.
I am observing a client at present (sun cj merc in aries oop mars in h12 in Libra square moon cj uranus in cancer) who has tran sat cj his pluto opp nept/venus/jupiter across his Mc Ic axis. His asc is squared by Trans Sat and Trans. Neptune- he has had to move house 5 times since October 1 06! Will keep you posted. lillyjgc

E

ellios

i am so pissed off excuse me I posted something important and i guess it didnt go through :mad:

anyway, as if that doesnt give you a clue already i am a diagnosed bipolar/schizo

So these aspects are strewn in my chart:

Venus in Gemini in Opposition with Neptune in Capricorn: this shows I am emotionally escapist, I have taken marijuana before which is why I later became diagnosed

Moon in Pisces in Square with Uranus in Sagittarius: my impulses are strong, I am impulsive at times without being reasonable.

Moon in Pisces in Sextile with Neptune in Capricorn: Here again, I soak emotions like a sponge and cannot be objective sometimes, it is such a challenge.

Moon in Pisces in Square with Chiron in Gemini: internal stress and restlessness is the key word here.

In my last post that didnt get posted, i said that I recommend you take a look at John Nash, he was a mathmatician schizo but he is functional today and is not taking any meds, lucky him. On the bittersweet contrary not, I had a psychotic epside in middle school and got admitted to a war for a week, and now I still take antipsychotics but my psychiatrist says i have a good prognosis, thanks in part to my family grounding me, my school and intelligent mercurial mind.

Besides my personal chart, I have a hard time having faith in myself I constantly seek reassurance wtih my family but at school i mask it, its so weird.
Also i appreciate people like you who show compassion, it seems like you do.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Thankyou Ellios for sharing this information. The people whose charts I have referred to above are people whose journeys Ive <observed> for a long time. There is so much struggle going on both in their inner lives and in their outer lives..only very strong souls can brave this terrain if you get my drift.You seem to have a good grasp of how these aspects affect you...this level of objectivity does not exist in the charts Ive referred to above- ie...the world is still out of step WITH THEM- which I believe creates very complex issues for their partners (when they have one), as on the one hand allowances are being made to accommodate the <anti social> behaviour and on the other, no recognition is given that this is actually OCCURRING which causes the caring partner to feel unloved!. There are many challenges for those with such non-user-friendly charts (!)...But everyone has something positive shown in their natal charts- we get the right tools for our journeys (or so I believe) so to you I say look at whats STRONG in your chart and let that be your rudder....lillyjgc

E

ellios

thanks, your posting was quite therapeutic :)

I havent thought about looking at my chart that way, you know to see whats the strongest point and work with it.
So thanks for the suggestion I'll do a little research on my chart and become more aware of it and hopefully make take some sort of practical step on it.

this reminds me of the saying: "greater is He that is in you than is he that is in the world..." maybe the ancient jewish saying or teaching, refers to the greater power of God within us than that of the evil powers (hence Saturn affliction). I have heard somewhere that Saturn can be likened to Satan. I dont know but that was cool that the quote came to me out of the blue and makes perfect sense here in context :)
So I guess spirituality helps...

astrobhadauria

jagetoile said:
saturn in the sign of sagittarius. i have been thinking about the meaning of such configuration in the charts. why afflictions of saggitarrius or Jupiter can bear such a potential for "derangement"? Jung wrote that "A neurosis must be understood, ultimately, as a suffering of soul which has not discovered its meaning..." and of course Saggitarius and Jupiter are the sign and planet of searching for higher meaning---the soul. it's seems that with afflicted Sag. or Jupiter people might have difficulty in getting in real touch with the inner self

Dear,
Jupiter is the Star of Knowledge and Saturn is the Star of Physical world,by the Vedic strology-Lal-Kitab,Jupiter is like father,in 10th house,and grand father in 9th house,Saturn giving informations of physcial gran properties,in 9th house,and movable properties in 4th house.I read many charts of "Banjara" cast in India those always moving place to place.
The combination of Jupiter with Saturn makes "Dharmi" (Good thinker for next person)if some person get money from him and,that person went to demand for credit,that time this type person not make any bad idea in his or her mind,always want to give helps to requred person.In the "Chankya-Neeti" book describs about the Saturn and Jupiter "The Bag of Knowledge".
The following are ascribed to Saturn: (1) laziness, etc. (2) obstruction (3) horse (4) elephant (5) skin (6) gain (7) proof of witness (8) distress (9) sickness (10) misunderstanding (11) misery (12) death (13) happiness through a woman (14) maid servant (15) asses and mules (16) outcast (17) one with disfigured limbs (18) haunting woods (19) handsome look (20) gift (21) a lord (22) a portion of life (23) eunuch (24) one born of the lowest caste (25) birds (26) the three sacred fires (27) a servile duty (28) unrighteous conduct (29) one without manliness (30) telling lies (31) long lasting (32) wind (33) old age (34) tendons and muscles (35) strong at the end of the day (36) Sisira ritu or winter (37) great anger (38) exertion (39) born of a very low mother (40) ******* (41) Golaka (42) dirty clothes and house (42) wicked mind (44) friendship with the wicket (45) black color (46) evil (47) cruelty (48) ashes (49) black grains (50) gems (51) iron (52) nobility (53) a year (54) Sudra (55) Vaisya (56) one representing the father (57) learning the trade of another class (58) crippled (59) sharp (60) a blanket (61) facing West (62) life saving drugs (63) downward look (64) living by agriculture (65) life saving drugs (63) downward look (64) living by agriculture (65) arsenal (66) a student belonging to another caste (67) external position (68) fondness for the North-eastern quarter (69) serpent world (70) downfall (71) lost battle (72) wandering (73) a spear (74) lead (75) misdirected strength (76) a Turk (77) worn out (78) oil (79) wood (80) Brahmin (81) the Tamas (82) travelling through forests and over mountains (83) hard-heartedness (84) fear (85) long standing distress (86) hunter (87) ugly hair (88) entire sovereignty (89) alarm (90) goats and the like (91) buffalos and the like (92) indulging in sex pleasure (93) dressing oneself for amorous appeals (94) worshipping god Yama (95) dog (96) theft and (97) cruel-hearted. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: misery, the servant, is dark in form, eunuch, malefic, a person of a hundred years, the color black, iron, a stainless sapphire, West, a heap of rubbish, astringent, the element air. Saturn has stiff hair and limbs; he is lean. His body is dark as Durva grass. His composition has phlegm and wind in it. He has large teeth and eyes of a fine reddish brown. He is intent on dark designs and disposed to inactivity. Saturn occasions distress, by leading to acts which the evils of poverty breed by means of friends and thieves as also by diseases affecting the joints. It is Saturn that settles a person's period of life, livelihood, the cause of death, his adversity and prosperity. Saturn is predominant in Thula, Makara, Kumbha, in the 7th house from the Lagna, in his passage to the south of the Equator, in his own Drekkana, weekday and Dasa, in the concluding portion of a sign, in planetary war, in the dark half of a month, and in all the twelve signs when retrograde. Saturn is the Karaka(significator) of the 6th,8th, 10th and 12th house. Saturn in the 8th house from the Lagna gives invariably what is agreeable. The enemies of Saturn are the Sun, the Moon and Mars. Jupiter is neutral towards Saturn. Venus and Mercury are his friends.
Jupiter
(1) Brahmin (2) Guru (3) one's duty (4) Chariot (5) cow (6) infantry (7) savings (8) Meemamsa (9) treasure (10) horse (11) curd, etc. (12) large body (13) Valor (14) reputation (15) logic (16) astrology (17) son (18) grandson (19) dropsy (20) wealth of elephants (21) philosophy (22) great grand-fathers (23) palacial house (24) gems (25) eldest brother (26) grandfather (27) Lord Indra (28) cold season (29) wrath (30) jewel (31) merchant (32) physical health (33) a beautiful mansion (34) royal honor (35) thigh (36) Gods (37) penance (38) charity (39) religious duty (40) helping others (41) impartiality (42) facing North (43) circular (44) yellow color (45) moving in villages (46) North (47) close friend (48) swinging (49) orator (50) fat (51) old garment (52) a new house (53) happiness (54) old (55) Mantras (56) twice born (57) holy water (58) knee (59) movement in heaven (60) a house granting all comforts (61) intellect (62) proficiency in learning (63) literature (64) tower (65) charming an audience (66) throne (67) installation of God Brahma (68) strong at all times (69) month (70) Vessels (71) Lapis Lazuli (72) fruits of Agnisthoma rite (73) sweet juice (74) being Good (75) happiness (76) misery (77) length (78) gentleness (79) reading other's mind (80) gold (81) ornamentation (82) device (83) wind (84) phlegm (85) topaz (86) vedic text (87) brilliancy (88) softness (89) a stone (90) worship of lord Shiva (91) performing one's religious duties and (92) travelling in a well-decorated carriage, all these are assigned to Jupiter. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: knowledge and happiness, counselor, has a body of yellowish hue, male, benefic, a person of 30 years, the color yellowish,silver, topaz, North-East, a treasury, sweet, the element ether(space). Jupiter possesses a big-bellied body; his color is yellow. He is of a phlegmatic temperament. He possesses all virtues, and is endowed with an aptitude for every science. His eyes and hair are brown. He possesses the quality of goodness or purity. He is exceedingly intelligent. His person is graced with marks of royalty not to be despised. One ought to conjecture about one's own genius, wealth, physical development, sons and knowledge by referring to Jupiter. Jupiter, when malefic, causes sorrow due to the evil effects of maledictions uttered by preceptors, Gods, parents and such other venerable people and Brahmins as well as the disease of the spleen. Jupiter is powerful in Meena, Vrischika, Dhanus and Kataka, in his own Varga and weekday, at midday, in his passage to the north of the Equator, in the middle of a sign, in Jumbha, as also in his depression sign. He gives much wealth when in the rising sign, in the fourth as well as in the 10th house from the Lagna. Jupiter is the Karaka(significator) of the 2nd,5th,9th10th and 11th house. Jupiter is harmful when placed in the 5th house. The Sun, Mars and the Moon are the friends of Jupiter. His enemies are Venus and Mercury, Saturn is neutral to him.

Teddybull

I have found some people with Gemini/Sag afflictions can be prone to mental cruelty and disorder. I know one that involved a grand cross involving a few planets (sun, moon, jupiter, saturn, merc and asc). Jupiter (Virgo) is in square to Saturn (Sag).

My take on it is that their mind is so agile that they don't know where they stand and what they believe. They have no center especially being in mutable signs. They can be profound thinkers but no fluidity in their thought making it difficult to understand and put together. They are also prone to negativity and outside influences (no backbone). Maybe introspection is lacking?

All of us are somehow off in our thinking but I think most of us could 'reel' ourselves in when out of line or at least know when to keep our mouth at bay. I have also noticed that they talk too much. Blessings, tb

astrobhadauria

Teddybull said:
I know one that involved a grand cross involving a few planets (sun, moon, jupiter, saturn, merc and asc). Jupiter (Virgo) is in square to Saturn (Sag).
Dear,
Think only for the matters of body and soul,elements and living place,people who are responsable for making good or bad,daily services to elders,giving helps to unknowns (Saturn),always send dark to mind,and mind always fight for the finding ways in life path.Saturn of Sag. always give power of grand works not involved in small things,always think abbout profits,always try to find the short way to reach on target,by the square position (Vakra Drishti) hit to enemity,credits,and illness.
Be care full if you have any wrong thinking about Saturn in Sag.

Teddybull

Astrob,
I don't understand vedic astrology even tho I would someday love to. I have done my chart through vedic astrology but it makes no sense when I try to interpret it. I definitely need more understanding of it.

As someone mentioned on this thread, I think moon/mercury aspects in angular houses has a tendency toward irrational thinking. I find incessant talking in this aspect also.

I also am putting out there when Jupiter is weakly placed by house and sign if that has any indication of possible mental inflictions (ie Jupiter in cap in the 3rd)? A strong Jupiter placed in a chart (especially when rising, angular or dignity), imho, tends to make us more honest and forthright. I was told by an astrologer that many 'spiritual' seekers (and finders!) have jupiter rising and I found this, for the most part, to be true. Just a thought, tb
Ellois, I definitely believe Saturn/Satan has a positive role in creation.

Carole

Shining Ray:

I could only watch the first video because thinking about how that mother must feel almost made me cry.:(

I have also read that some of these mental diseases travel via the mother. My husband has the bipolar disorder and I read that the illness is transmitted to the child only and exclusively through the mother. This meaning that it can be suffered by men and women but only can be transmited by women.

Reading this was a shock for me and then my pure pleasure when I watched my children as they played was turned into a sense of impending damnation as I looked for some early sign that could presage that the illness was laying dormant in their brains. The mere idea was a nightmare.

Some time later, I found new information saying that the gene could be transmitted by any of the parents. I was relieved at that moment, but then I decided to better let things flow and just wait and watch, as one can read different and contradictory things about the same subject, very often from the same source.

Fortunately, none of them has shown any sign of the illness so far.

The aspects that, in my opinion, are relevant in my husband's chart:

- Sun in Sagittarius, 12th house, square Saturn in Pisces, fourth house, and inconjunct Uranus in Taurus, 5th house.

- Jupiter in Sagittarius, 1st house, opposition Moon in Cancer, 7th house, inconjunct Pluto in Cancer, 8th house, and square Mars in Libra, 10th house.

- Mercury in Sagittarius, 1st house, square Saturn and Neptune in Virgo, 10th house.

- The Moon square Mars.

- Mars inconjunct Uranus.

He was born in a Monday. I have found in the charts of some people who have the same problem, that besides some of the aspects, they share the Sun in 12th and being born on a Monday.

Carole

death

yoyo im cancer w sag asc, aries moon, and other things too im kinda noob but i also have jupiter opposite saturn and sun oposite saturn and sun opposite neptune

im 18, and i can absolutely say i have understood life in more ways than too many people can imagine. i believe saturn has halted me though and showed me my limits. For a long time i felt saturn was destroying me, but it was only until now that i see it was the inevitable brick wall that i had to face. if anything im glad it happened as early as it did. jupiter has shown me the mysteries of life, and the joys, the pleasures, and obviously(since its jupiter) much more. jupiter also taught me in the end of my serious depression to stay completely optimistic in my travels and understand saturns good intentions. :)

im sure there was more, but this is what my research lately in astrology tells me. take a look at my chart if you need no prob. if anyone ever needs words of optimism because we're all human, hit me up

life is great :D

natasa812

Me, beeing Sag., with Jupiter as final dispositor, and as I wrote at another post, made me wonder is this ``overemphasis`` on optimism good or bad. Because, whenever you have something ``overplus`` (even a Jupiter - a great benefic) - can it be only good? My Jupiter is in Sag. in conj. with Sun, Mercury and MC. All in 10th. I don`t have any mental disorder. From my early childhood I was just talented for writing (taking part in children`s writing competitions and wining awards), talented for foreign languages, today I work as a translator, even co-writer of a book (nothing to post - it is University book, not of much interest - about Social Politics). I feel fine with myself most of the time and I have good friends who love and respect me.
I don`t know what other aspect to add to this conversation, if you want any further information, just post
Optimisticaly Sagittariously
Regards
N