Dark moon? black moon?

maer888

hi everyone,

just dropping by to ask something, since some of the seniors here might be good at reading a birth chart, I might need some help with mine (ie. my birth chart).

someone told me that when I was born, on the day I was born I had the imprint of the Dark Moon in my sign. :confused:

what's the dark moon? good or bad?

anyway, to help someone who might be able to help me, let me share some details of my birth:

born on 21 Dec 1982 local time 7:15 pm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Planetary positions
planet sign degree motion
Sun Sagittarius 29°15'44 end of house 6 direct
Moon Pisces 5°10'36 in house 9 direct
Mercury Capricorn 16°11'09 in house 7 direct
Venus Capricorn 10°49'44 in house 7 direct
Mars Aquarius 8°44'47 in house 8 direct
Jupiter Scorpio 29°03'37 in house 5 direct
Saturn Scorpio 2°05'44 end of house 4 direct
Uranus Sagittarius 6°20'25 in house 6 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 26°51'04 in house 6 direct
Pluto Libra 29°00'42 in house 4 direct
True Node Cancer 4°15'42 in house 1 direct

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Cancer 1°23'50
2nd House Cancer 28°48'16
3rd House Leo 28°12'34
Imum Coeli Libra 0°09'44
5th House Scorpio 2°34'39
6th House Sagittarius 2°59'46
Descendant Capricorn 1°23'50
8th House Capricorn 28°48'16
9th House Aquarius 28°12'34
Medium Coeli Aries 0°09'44
11th House Taurus 2°34'39
12th House Gemini 2°59'46

Major aspects
Sun Sextile Moon 5°55
Sun Sextile Saturn 2°50
Sun Conjunction Neptune 2°25
Sun Sextile Pluto 0°15
Sun Opposition Ascendant 2°08
Moon Sextile Venus 5°39
Moon Square Jupiter 6°07
Moon Trine Saturn 3°05
Moon Square Uranus 1°10
Moon Trine Pluto 6°10
Moon Trine Ascendant 3°47
Mercury Conjunction Venus 5°21
Mars Sextile Uranus 2°24
Jupiter Quincunx Ascendant 2°20
Saturn Sextile Neptune 5°15
Saturn Conjunction Pluto 3°05
Saturn Trine Ascendant 0°42
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2°10
Neptune Opposition Ascendant 4°33
Pluto Trine Ascendant 2°23

well, if anyone could help, I would really really appreciate it. and yeah, should it be necessary, I would give my full name (and by the way, I'm a guy, and I was born prematurely.. supposed to be due around mid february 1983).. :D

many thanks in advance..

and feel free to email me..

Attachments

• birth-chart.JPG
    birth-chart.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 29

Arian Maverick

When you first mentioned the "dark moon," I immediately thought that you might have been born during the Balsamic Moon phase which occurs just before the New Moon, when the Moon appears to fade into nothingness. However, the Moon would have to be located right behind the Moon in your chart, and this is not the case.

Perhaps your friend was referring to BML--Black Moon Lilith? The chart you posted does not show where BML is in your chart, but I can create your natal chart using a different astrology program to see if BML is prominent in your chart.

EDIT: I created your chart, and BML appears to be in your seventh house in Capricorn, conjunct your natal Mercury with an orb of about four degrees. I'm not sure if this is enough to have "the imprint of the Dark Moon in [your] sign," though.

I just thought of another possibility, although this one seems unlikely: perhaps this person was referring to the fact that your Sun was just about to leave the sign of Sagittarius and enter Capricorn on the day of your birth? If you consider the Sun's ingress into a new sign to be a sort of "New Moon" and its half-way point through the sign as a sort of "Full Moon," I suppose that the Sun's egress from this sign could also be thought of as a type of "Balsamic Moon." This has nothing to do with the Moon, however; I'm just using the phases of the Moon as a comparison with the Sun.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

maer888

thanks..

sorry though, because i'm really a new green freshie on this whole astrology thingy. hope to learn more from my birth chart etc. Especially since some people said that I have some important events coming up soon which is heavily influenced by the stars..

can anyone please help me more on this..? anyone that can help me to read and define my birth chart?

details:
i'm a guy, born on 21st December 1982 at 7:15pm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. That time of birth is the local Malaysian time (GMT +8). I'm the only child, and I was born premature (any effect of that?)

maer888

Dear EJ53, thanks for your reply. please do look at your PM's inbox. I had written in quite lengthy manner.. maybe, you will then know who that 'someone' might be..

:rolleyes:

thanks. i truly appreciate all the help. i am just a beginner. i always liked watching at the stars, but i had never wondered what it meant.. watching skies at night is kinda like my natural habit since i was small..

EJ53 said:
Maer,

Thanks for your Private Mail (PM) on this.Check your PMs, as I've already responded to you there.

In the meantime, the "important events coming up" probably relate to the transit of Pluto this year over your Sun and Descendant (squaring the MC as it does so).

AM,

I'm confused by this "dark moon" reference too. My best guess is the Moon Nodes - as the South Node (imprint of the NN?) falls just in Capricorn and - as you rightly point out - Maer's sun is on the Sag/Cap cusp, so the SN arguably falls in "his sign". But, I guess only "someone" knows the answer to this one.:)

EJ:cheers: