True nature and evolution of Scorpio.

The19thLaw

So there is no other sign that gets more posted about it than a Scorpio so I thought I'd make this post about the signs true nature. While some parts may be harsh, I feel like others are also flattering. Given that I am talking to astrologers here, everyone knows how the sign is domiciled in Mars originally and now generationally in Pluto. Given that it is water, it is fixed and emotions run high.

Given that Pluto has too much influence on my chart (most dominant planet) but at the same time, I've dealt with way too many Scorpios, I got a look into how they work. In my view, I think mostly all astrology content dismisses this.

What drives them is envy and attention at their core.

Scorpios are like a watered down version of Leo which explains their need for attention but when you mix that in with their martian attitude, they aggressively want attention. At the same time, they tend to lack the natural traits of people who would usually get attention and prestige from public. For example, the sign is not domiciled in Venus which indicates that they are not naturally good looking, getting their "sexiness" from their demeanor and vibe.

In other words, a Scorpio does not have the natural gifts of immediately getting the admiration from public which they secretly desire due to the sign's nature need for power.

This leads to the picking fights and constantly looking for drama, it wants attention but this is its indirect way of getting it.

But given their core, they are not good at being direct.

A Scorpio is not good at being blunt and honest, this is why it craves secrecy. It fears that if anything about it is let out, it will lose respect or be humiliated or be in danger. Moreso, it fears being emotionally vulnerable and wants to escape things like criticism and feedback. Hence the fear of keeping everything close to the chest, it is because deep down inside they know what they are doing is not right and fear backlash from public.

It's a weird situation to be in. On one hand, the very thing they crave in power and the spotlight brings with it public attention and invasion of privacy. On the other, they want the prestige and power without paying their dues.

Such is the nature of the lowly evolved Scorpio.

At its root, why not cut corners at every chance? Why bother working hard when you can use other ways to get to the top? Why bother to work when you can simply convince the right people to move you up? Nepotism is great, until it works against me, then it is wrong.

Sound powerful, sound important, and sound like you care which is enough to get moved ahead in life. Take from others whenever needed (House 8) and keep them dependent on you.

It really comes out when they see others who have more on the outside.

Want to make a lesser evolved Scorpio mad? Try to present to him a guy with wealth and good looks and a pretty wife, guarantee to you that he will be the target of the lesser evolved version of the sign. Present to him a guy living a fulfilled life full of joy, he will hate that person.

In other words, in order to be loved by a lesser evolved Scorpio, you have to portray yourself as lesser than them. The poor family next door who is joyful? Who cares, they are poor, I'll be nice to them since it is good press. If I can feel superior to you in any way, we can be friends. If you are my boss or leader, sure I will take the temporary lower station in life but it will be temporary.

Overtime, such people will accumulate success and a blind following. Their followers will disregard any morals and ignore any of the hypocrisy, it will be their inner hive mind. For a lesser evolved Scorpio, always expect to see this hive mind. This inner hive mind for gossip, negativity, and hatred which they can vent to.

So what leaves to the evolution for a Scorpio?

Now what makes this sign reach its Phoenix form? How can this sign reach that superior side of it that can transform the world for good?

You would think it is an epiphany or maybe they come to their senses. The truth is, that is rarely the case.

Usually, this sign picks a fight with the wrong person in a lot of cases and gets dealt such a humiliating blow that it is badly hurt from it. Often times, this is in the form of public humiliation and being set back massively in things like their career and business. This comes a lot from more fixed signs of non-compatible elements, I think Leos have the most potential to deal some very punishing blows.

Problem with earth and water signs is that they will just go along with the scumbag demeanor since they are compatible.

If not from a sign, the punishing blow comes from life and karma. Karma hits these people so hard that a lot of them, when they can recover from it, recover in a better form. Many of them are dealt the blow which is almost long-lasting whether it is a badly damaged reputation, reprimand that affects their life, physical disability, or something very life-threatening that it takes the soul out of them.

Then through the ashes it rises.

The Scorpio has received its beatings, it has been disciplined, it has been taught some tough lessons by life, and it has been molded. Through the ashes it rises but for good means, not for bad ones.

It sees the treachery and negative tactics of others because it used to be that person. It sees the pettiness and manipulation that the world plays, because it used to be that way.

Something is different now, that intuition is used for good.

When it sees the same person it used to envy, it appreciates. If it does not, then it sees past it all. Let the soul live its life.

The weak and vulnerable? It no longer tries to control, it gives them power and empowers them.

It no longer needs a hive mind or a following, it has found fulfillment on its own.

It can take a joke and a jab from others, it is no longer emotionally vulnerable.

It sees the darkness of the world and dark side of human nature now, and it tries to protect the helpless from it simply because it understands it so well. It not only has it but forces darker than it and much more cruel punished it for trying to pick the wrong fight, so it got taught a lesson.

It was humbled and after being humbled, it got up, stronger than ever.

blackbery

Good try but power is what Scorpio craves the most. Why? You are correct in that what frightens them the most is being emotionally vulnerable. They are terrified of being over-whelmed with their watery emotions & losing control. This is why they want power. So they never have to show their true feelings which are intense & lurking underneath their cool facade. They don't require much attention, often they are the observers & keep quiet in the background. They are extremely intuitive, often very envious as you point out but very loyal, hard-working & extremely resourceful. Many are addicted to something whether it be sex, drugs, alcohol, gambling. Their risk taking level is high for they like excitement & drama.
It is probably my personal favourite sign for I like their depth & intensity & they don't put up a phony front & you will know if they like you or not pretty quickly.
I think many people are too hard on them for they aren't nearly as dangerous as people think, they tend to self-destruct unless they are the more evolved eagle or phoenix type.

The19thLaw

Good try but power is what Scorpio craves the most. Why? You are correct in that what frightens them the most is being emotionally vulnerable. They are terrified of being over-whelmed with their watery emotions & losing control. This is why they want power. So they never have to show their true feelings which are intense & lurking underneath their cool facade. They don't require much attention, often they are the observers & keep quiet in the background. They are extremely intuitive, often very envious as you point out but very loyal, hard-working & extremely resourceful. Many are addicted to something whether it be sex, drugs, alcohol, gambling. Their risk taking level is high for they like excitement & drama.
It is probably my personal favourite sign for I like their depth & intensity & they don't put up a phony front & you will know if they like you or not pretty quickly.
I think many people are too hard on them for they aren't nearly as dangerous as people think, they tend to self-destruct unless they are the more evolved eagle or phoenix type.

I'll disagree with you on a couple things although I will say that your response is very diplomatic which I appreciate.

They do crave prestige which brings with it attention and public respect, once again, it is a backbone of power there. Observation happens because they are not good at winning the crowd over.

Second of all, they do put up a phony front quite often as they hide their real selves a lot.

Fire signs are the ones who are blunt and direct. Water signs tend to be fake nice.

Bunraku

Are you sure you’re describing an actual human being and not a fan fiction character from vampire diaries?

CapAquaPis

What about a Scorpio sun/Aquarius moon person? Are they the luke warm of a hot sign? Or they're the kind of person any Aquarius moon (like me, a conjunct Aquarius sun) should consider dating, a relationship which would culminate into something different?

katydid

We all do but the way we go about getting them is different. Scorpio tends to be deceptive.

Is Drake deceptive? And Whoopie Goldberg?
Is Katy Perry a liar? And Ryan Gosling? Jimmy Kimmel. also a deceitful power monger? Was Pablo Picasso a big fat liar too?

Katarzena

Is Drake deceptive? And Whoopie Goldberg?
Is Katy Perry a liar? And Ryan Gosling? Jimmy Kimmel. also a deceitful power monger? Was Pablo Picasso a big fat liar too?

Well Katy Perry did get tired of her candy happy girl persona and talked about being depressed and turning to alcohol. Idk if this is just what happens in entertainment industry or its Scorpio hiding it's true feelings.

obsidianmineral

My personal take on this, given that I have lived with Mars in Scorpio in the 4th my entire life, is that, yes, I do think that many of the things you say are true, but there are many levels at which the signs manifest themselves.

I have experienced, very much, the sheer intensity of fixed emotions and of being really driven. I’m an emotionally intense person.

However, as I said before, this is not necessarily a thing that comes from envy. What you described, namely, the evolution and process of Scorpio, is what most people go through. Most people experience envy, and fear which puts them in a situation where they can’t let go of these emotions.

But, at its most spiritual and its highest levels of manifestation, Scorpio (and especially through Pluto) represents a deep need for knowledge and for truth. It is only through having emotional profundity that we can understand ourselves, and it is precisely through the ways of deconstruction and taking a no-******** approach that we can get to the bottom of things.

Any sign that you mention isn’t good or bad on its own, IMO. Many Leos can be ego-maniacs. Scorpios could be assassins at their worst, Taurus can be really superficial... etc. The bottom line is that every sign represents a very high spiritual truth which we’re all trying to understand and should strive for, but they also can manifest themselves in lower ways. There’s also a thing with Pluto trying to decipher life and psychology (like Scorpio). This is why it represents power. Knowledge is power, and emotional integrity coupled with fixatedness is what makes Scorpio feel powerful, and there’s nothing wrong with that. The only thing to keep in mind, for any Scorpio, is that emotional intensity can have a toll on your health and that there are certain things in the world that you shouldn’t get all riled up about.

I say all of this because I have experienced it myself and know how it is to live things like a Scorpio. I think I know both sides to the coin.

Last edited: