Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 04-07-2021, 12:22 PM
VirgoLife's Avatar
VirgoLife VirgoLife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: US
Posts: 49
Cool Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

My sun is in Virgo 22 degrees 6th house and my Saturn is in Virgo 13 degrees 6th house also. My 7th house cusp starts at Libra 8 degrees. Do these count as conjunctions to the Descendant with Opposites to the Asc?

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VirgoLife For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-07-2021)
  #2  
Unread 04-07-2021, 03:06 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 71,686
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoLife View Post

My sun is in Virgo 22 degrees 6th house
and my Saturn is in Virgo 13 degrees 6th house also.


My 7th house cusp starts at Libra 8 degrees.


Do these count as conjunctions to the Descendant

with Opposites to the Asc?
briefly
for beginners there is much mess and confusion

in the area of the so-called "...houses..."
because

there are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "...birthchart..."
into twelve segments of life activity.
and the key point is


the house location of a planet may change
DEPENDENT ON THE HOUSE SYSTEM CHOSEN


for example

using Whole Sign House system:
ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the other houses follow.
the ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF
can then fall anywhere in the first house
and
MIDHEAVEN POINT
anywhere in the upper half of the chart.


keep in mind that

Placidus is simply the default House system
and that

your question is easily answered when you view your chart
using the original house system - Whole Sign
ASTROSEEK offers WHOLE SIGN HOUSES calculation at
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology


and if required

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way


.

.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 04-07-2021, 03:55 PM
VirgoLife's Avatar
VirgoLife VirgoLife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: US
Posts: 49
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
briefly
for beginners there is much mess and confusion

in the area of the so-called "...houses..."
because

there are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "...birthchart..."
into twelve segments of life activity.
and the key point is


the house location of a planet may change
DEPENDENT ON THE HOUSE SYSTEM CHOSEN


for example

using Whole Sign House system:
ascendant sign becomes the whole first house
and the other houses follow.
the ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF
can then fall anywhere in the first house
and
MIDHEAVEN POINT
anywhere in the upper half of the chart.


keep in mind that

Placidus is simply the default House system
and that

your question is easily answered when you view your chart
using the original house system - Whole Sign
ASTROSEEK offers WHOLE SIGN HOUSES calculation at
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology


and if required

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way


.

.
Okay, thank you! In Placidus it never showed but I notice on Whole Sign System is shows especially on Astro Charts, so I wasn't sure. Astroseek says my sun parrells my asc but my sun is on the other side so how could it conjunct lol.
__________________
Virgo Sun, Pisces Moon, Aries Rising, Venus and Libra Dominant!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VirgoLife For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-07-2021)
  #4  
Unread 04-07-2021, 05:18 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 71,686
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoLife View Post

Okay, thank you!
In Placidus it never showed
but I notice on Whole Sign System is shows especially on Astro Charts,
so I wasn't sure.

Astroseek says my sun parrells my asc
but my sun is on the other side so how could it conjunct lol.
Here's how

explained on a thread from days gone by
has similar question answered
at h https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=40285
i.e.
A parallel is not the same as a conjunction
it is important to realise the difference between a parallel and a conjunction
A parallel is a measurement of declination as measured from the Equator
A conjunction by celestial latitude is measured from the Ecliptic



Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

tsmall you said:
And isn't it interesting how many different ways this chart shows "as if in conjunction?" As well as how many ways it demonstrates the incorporation of moon into sun and renders the moon inconsequential?
I have tried to duplicate the exact conditions of this Penumbral lunar eclipse, by finding another Penumbral eclipse that would have occured when the Sun is in the early degrees of a sign. Admittedly, I have so far only tried with a few, but have been unable to get Sun and Moon parallel in both lattitude and declination, in exact antiscia, and in the 1st and 6th houses. This has lead me to a couple of conclusions. First, that no two eclipses will ever be exactly the same, and second, there is a reason natal charts are like fingerprints...each is completely unique to the individual.

tsmall, Astrology relates to cycles of one kind or another. One of the Moon's cycles is The Metonic Cycle of the Moon


If you can look out a window and see a moon among the stars right now, you will see this Moon return to the same shape and passing the same stars in 19 tropical years, 235 synodic months, 254 tropical months. This can be uncovered visually, without the need for complex mathematics and astronomical instrumentation, and also we do not need to know the actual day counts because we can record the cycle with period counts - synodic months, tropical months and tropical years. We don't even need to know about fractions. This "Metonic Cycle" is named after a Greek, called Meton, who lived in the 5th Century BC, and who claimed he discovered the cycle on his own. It seems that simple visual observations are all that's needed to see the cycle . . . and there's plenty of evidence it was known and recorded long before Meton ever existed.

Source
:
http://www.mythicalireland.com/astro...oniccycle.html


OK, we have the info... and we check our ephemeris and discover that on 26 September 1950 a full moon eclipse did indeed occur at 2 Aries 51 http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEplot/...1950Sep26T.pdf

However, you were born before an eclipse so now the question is... can we place a Libra Sun in 1st House and a Pisces Moon in 6th House while having a 14 Libra Ascendant - all on 25 September 1950 during a full moon lunar eclipse? Yes we can (Venus is in Virgo as well albeit at a much later degree) We can do that by drawing up a chart for 25 September 1950 at 07:20AM in Beaufort County
btw it was a total eclipse and also the Nodes were at a later degree plus the other planets were in other areas and/or signs nevertheless the Metonic Cycle of the Moon is confirmed
mirabile dictu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post

That's seriously cool.
I hadn't finished looking at that particular eclipse, as I found this link..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septemb..._lunar_eclipse
as well as this one

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEcat5/LE1901-2000.html
which both show the 9/25/1969 lunar eclipse to be penumbral.
Regardless of what "type" of eclipse occured, It is wonderful that you have been able to duplicate certain conditions. I will have to look, but perhaps you can readily answer whether or not moon at the time you mentioned is also in pitted degree? Also, see my prev. response that a link you wonderfully provided helped to move ASC to 12*, not 14. I would be willing to guess that moving a chart backwards by a few minutes would also change the ASC degree, and perhaps place sun/moon in the exact position we see them in my chart? Which circles us back around to one of my original questions...should Sun/Moon always be considered "as if in conjunction" in the hours leading up to a lunar eclipse? (Because we can all see they are conjunct at a new Moon/solar eclipse.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
JUPITERASC has rendered an exceptional explanation of the factors involved here relative to this natal Sun/Moon situation!!
Your natal moon is at 27 Pisces 51 whereas the Moon on 25 September 1950 (even when we re-adjust the Ascendant to 12 Libra) has only got as far as 24 Pisces 0' 58" just three degrees away from the position of your natal moon. However, always remember clock and/or calender time differs from 'star time'... 'star time' is far more accurate in terms of astrological cycles.

1, The Moon has literally just passed from the pitted degree of 23 Pisces
and
2 In the hours preceding a lunar eclipse the moon is approaching closer and closer to a parallel with the Sun until the parallel is exact at the exact opposition (yet 'as if conjunction' caused by the eclipse situation) of the Sun and Moon.
- why it is important for astrologers
to have some grounding in the astronomy underlying astrology
as well as some of the problems that can arise when they donít.
the separation between astronomy and astrology
and some different instances
where understanding the astronomy underlying astrological chart placements
can help to enhance or improve oneís understanding of astrology
https://theastrologypodcast.com/2017...for-astrology/






.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 04-07-2021, 05:53 PM
VirgoLife's Avatar
VirgoLife VirgoLife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: US
Posts: 49
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Here's how

explained on a thread from days gone by
has similar question answered
at h https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=40285
i.e.
A parallel is not the same as a conjunction
it is important to realise the difference between a parallel and a conjunction
A parallel is a measurement of declination as measured from the Equator
A conjunction by celestial latitude is measured from the Ecliptic



- why it is important for astrologers
to have some grounding in the astronomy underlying astrology
as well as some of the problems that can arise when they donít.
the separation between astronomy and astrology
and some different instances
where understanding the astronomy underlying astrological chart placements
can help to enhance or improve oneís understanding of astrology
https://theastrologypodcast.com/2017...for-astrology/






.
Ohhhh, I thought it meant a conjunct from googeling it. Thank you, will make sure to learn about it!
__________________
Virgo Sun, Pisces Moon, Aries Rising, Venus and Libra Dominant!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 04-07-2021, 06:09 PM
VirgoLife's Avatar
VirgoLife VirgoLife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: US
Posts: 49
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Here's how

explained on a thread from days gone by
has similar question answered
at h https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=40285
i.e.
A parallel is not the same as a conjunction
it is important to realise the difference between a parallel and a conjunction
A parallel is a measurement of declination as measured from the Equator
A conjunction by celestial latitude is measured from the Ecliptic





- why it is important for astrologers
to have some grounding in the astronomy underlying astrology
as well as some of the problems that can arise when they donít.
the separation between astronomy and astrology
and some different instances
where understanding the astronomy underlying astrological chart placements
can help to enhance or improve oneís understanding of astrology
https://theastrologypodcast.com/2017...for-astrology/






.
But wait, how should I identify the parallel? If it's not a conjunct, what should a call it? I was confused bc I googled it and all it said was conjunct.
__________________
Virgo Sun, Pisces Moon, Aries Rising, Venus and Libra Dominant!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 04-07-2021, 06:32 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 71,686
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoLife View Post

Ohhhh, I thought it meant a conjunct from googeling it.


Thank you, will make sure to learn about it!


__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 04-07-2021, 06:34 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 71,686
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoLife View Post


But wait,

how should I identify the parallel?








Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoLife View Post


If it's not a conjunct, what should a call it?

I was confused bc I googled it and all it said was conjunct.






THESE ARE LINES OF LATITUDE THEY ARE PARALLEL


.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 04-07-2021, 06:36 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 71,686
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 04-07-2021, 07:27 PM
VirgoLife's Avatar
VirgoLife VirgoLife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: US
Posts: 49
Re: Does my Sun and Saturn conjunct my Descendant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Ah, okay! Thanks!
__________________
Virgo Sun, Pisces Moon, Aries Rising, Venus and Libra Dominant!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VirgoLife For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-07-2021)
Reply

Tags
conjunct, descendant, saturn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.