Chiron in Aries' 29 anaretic degree conj SN

athair

Hi; my chart has Chiron in Aries 29 Degree, which is a so-called anaretic degree; and Chiron is also conjunct my SN in 26° Aries (in 5th house).

Assuming the anaretic degree to be related to the end of a cycle, then what are the implications of it being conjunct the SN (which from a karmic viewpoint woud be also related to some kind of ending of a cycle?)?

Thanks in advance for any insight! Greetings

Last edited:

Denied Anthropophobic

Interesting, I think you’re onto something interesting to think about with the end of cycle correlation. At the end of a sign the anaretic degree can be seen progression of that sign’s maturity. And in the new sign planet would be sort of like the fool. The same as how Aries starts the zodiac wheel and Pisces ends it. Pisces is seen as the end of the story, more developed, and Aries, more of a catalyst. Just as the 29th degree is critical, so would the 0 degree and the 1st degree. As explained in my Aries being the beginning of the wheel example. There are 30 degrees per sign, so the 0 degree can be seen as the in-between of both of the neighboring signs. While the 29th can be see as the end and 1st as the beginning in my opinion.

Depending on what your beliefs and interpretation are. South Node can be seen as the past life, but since you are no longer in conscious in that life, it has “ended”. This would not mean leaving everything in that life but the energy that was carried onto this life (the south node) should be expressed with the north node ( the karma or energy collected or learned in this life) in balance. The key is balance between the two.

I think the idea of carrying over exist too when you look at the degrees 29th to the 1st in theory, but in the case of looking at the Chiron in 29th degrees in the natal, the idea of balance between the ending sign (Aries) and starting sign (Taurus) is not necessary. Going back to my zodiac wheel example. If you look at the 29th degree to the 1st as a “zone” then they could be seen the same as sign cusps in astrology. In my opinion, these two processes allow “blending” in a way. Sort of behaving with the same energy as the conjunction aspect. I don’t think this is necessary. I try not to read into the next sign because the 29th degree is not in the next sign. It is in the sign that the planet is in. However, if there is an out of sign aspect. I would possibly consider this. Let’s say, you have personal planet in the 0 degree of Taurus conjunct the Chiron. See how the orb is very small. I would keep the orb very small to avoid interpreting a different aspect. The reason, I would consider it in this case, is because now, the 0 degree Taurus can also be interpreted as “30 degree” Aries, if you would like to argue this, it has logic behind it. That could be interesting. If you argue that interpretation should involve 0 degree Taurus then the signs the aspect that is truly formed is a semi sextile. Whereas, if it were seen as “30 degree” Aries then they would conjunct.

To me it all depends on where you put your boundaries and that is only if you do put boundaries.

Assuming you do not have the special case, I’ve stated above, I would not say that your Chiron at the 29th degree makes it critical in some way. Therefore, in a general natal interpretation I would interpret your Chiron in Aries conjunct your South Node. The South node could give it emphasis without looking at the degrees. I would need to look at more than just this aspect for a clear picture, but Chiron in relationship to couth node can show that needing the heal yourself or helping other heal of being taken care of was a theme in the past. Therefore, you have carried on this strength or knowledge about healing and providing care in this life. Or maybe you have more to develop about this in this life as Chiron is the wounded healer. In Aries, perhaps it was physical wound or impairment that you needed care for or that you cared for in another. I could also be related to your identity in some way. This would make sense with Aries as the sign and 5th house as the area. Could have had an impact on your optimism and joy, your children, or sexual activity. Look to Mars the ruler of both and the rest of the chart for more understanding.