Should I take the cash settlement?

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi Osamenor,

I haven't looked at the chart. I haven't read others responses.
That's not what you're supposed to do when responding to an astrological thread. The rule is astrological posts only, which means you need to look at the chart if there is one. And it's advisable to read the other posts, so you know what's already been said and you know if your response is actually relevant to the direction the conversation has taken.

HiI am speaking of my gut feeling when I read your first post.

I don't trust them. Do you have any proof that you have been compromised, or are they phishing?
No proof that I personally have been compromised, but I do have reasonable proof that this is a real company and a real settlement. Waybread posted it below: the details are available to the public, online. Those details and documents were also included in the settlement letter I received. And while I have not knowingly dealt with Complyright, I have had many employers over the years, and most of them contracted their payroll out. Probably, one of the employers I couldn't get in touch with used Complyright. It all makes sense. And the claim form does not ask for any personal information besides my name and contact info, which they obviously already have.

Scorpio rising speaking, take care my friend. Opal
Capricorn rising speaking: when caution is indicated, that means you need to know what you're being cautious about. I do.

Osamenor

Staff member
My question about accepting further data protection is more like what would be the future of the company; and if they goofed up once, how would consumers know the company wouldn't goof up again.
Excellent point.

Dear Osamenor
i just read your post and i was trying to understand what was your relationship with that company in the first place.

So if i got it right, you were one of the individuals whose personal information was maintained on ComplyRight’s website during the data breach that occurred at least between April 20, 2018 and May 22, 2018.
Correct. Although I didn't know they existed, let alone had my info, until I received that letter. But, as stated above, I've had multiple employers who could've been using them for payroll.

So if i were you i would have taken at least these 50$

Aside horary please have a look at the data protection plan.Do you need something like that to begin with?Can you trust ComplyRight to choose a website/MyIDCare that provides credit monitoring, credit monitoring protection, dark web monitoring...etc ,..since they had this data breach themselves? i really don't know...either way all this thing seems to me vague.
Yes, that's my line of thinking, and most of the other posters in this thread seem to agree.

Personally i think this whole agreement gave the chance to ComplyRight to avoid further costs and not to lose clients also...and that way make everyone happy with the minimum cost.**notice also in the chart that moon which as i said is also from their side their pocket and their lawyers tries to settle things with jupiter (their opponents in the lawsuit), while mercury which in this instance is l7=complyright also wants this verdict/settlement , result=mars.
That's usually how corporations react when they get sued. Defending a lawsuit is costly and time consuming and can result in an even bigger loss if the plaintiffs win. Typically, companies do everything they can to avoid it.

And yes, the cash amount is small... I figure it's rather like this settlement adjusted for inflation.