Saturn conjunct Venus in composite

BaoSanniang

It adds an element of stability, but the Venus person could perceive the Saturn person as too cold, restrictive, pessimistic, and controlling if not handled right. The Saturn person likely feels a strong sense of duty and responsibility towards the Venus person, but sometimes the Saturn person can come off as overly critical and restrictive rather than warm and encouraging. Other, softer / positive aspects especially those related to the Moon and Venus should make things a bit less tight.

ElenaJ

This is all correct, if applied to a synastry, with charts of two persons.
I understood the question as relating to a composite. In a composite there is only a picture of the relationship, not the individual persons.
So now, Celstial, you have both replies!

mahaira

It depends upon other aspects as well.

I now you're talking about composite, but it works pretty much the same in synastry, where it is easier to define who's who.

I have this with my husband and since other aspects are pretty good, it gives stability. In our case he's Saturn and I'm Venus. Other placements in my chart underline this need I have for outside motivation, so in our case this is a good thing. He helps me focus. Otherwise my Neptune n the 1st just flies flies away ;)

ElenaJ

It's a subtle difference, but there is a difference.
In the synastry, everything said above is true, and in this type of chart one person relates to the other.
In the composite, it reflects a general quality of the relationship between the two persons, not the individual energies of the two.
So in the relationship itself, there will be emotional stability, coldness, commitment between the two. With nuances depending on the other aspects in the chart.
Because it is a composite, it can be the result of different aspects in the synastry. There could be, for example, squares between the Saturns and trines between the Venuses, with the two midpoints at the same point, creating a Venus/saturn conjunction in the composite.
As another example, mahaira you have a Saturn/venus conjunction in the synastry. How does the composite work out between you and your husband?

mahaira

...As another example, mahaira you have a Saturn/venus conjunction in the synastry. How does the composite work out between you and your husband?

Saturn forms a square with Mars and some other aspects with outer planets, Venus is in conjuction with the Sun forming a square with Pluto.

In the 20 years we've been together, we spontaneously (without the help of astrology ;) ) learned to use the latter aspect to strengthen the bond, dig deeper, heal... instead of being obsessed, manipulative, controlling. However, the quality of strong unity - up to the point of being self-sufficient - remains and if we do not pay attention and make an effort to organize dinners, holidays... with friends and family, we are pretty much happy with just being with each other and doing stuff together. (And yes, I do have a Venus-Pluto square in my natal chart. He has Venus-Saturn conjuction.)

And this is where the Mars-Saturn square comes into play. We do stuff together, but it's often different stuff :) If we work on the same project we can assist each other for a short while (our interests diverge and we have different skills). It's better if we work separately on different stages (albeit in the same room ;) ) or if we do completely different things that are complementary (he paints the kitchen, while I fix his laptop :) ).

Thanx again for your comment!

ElenaJ

And how does the Venus/saturn in your synastry manifest in your composite? Do you have a Venus/saturn contact in the composite?

CelstialAZ23

My Saturn trines his mars and sextile his Venus. And Pluto sextile Venus as well. Also My Neptune trines his Venus. There’s no harsh aspects between Saturn except the conjunct in composite.

ElenaJ

So the Saturn sextile Venus in the synastry translates to a Venus/saturn conjunction in the composite? Strange.
What relationship is there between the two natal Saturns, and the two natal Venus planets?

CelstialAZ23

I have Venus in 13 capricorn. His Venus is 26 Leo. We also have Saturn and Pluto conjunct natal. We are 6 months apart in age, all our outer planets are conjunct. Neptune Pluto Uranus Jupiter and Saturn. And Pluto and Saturn are at the end of libra. So he has the contacts natal as well.

ElenaJ

Thank you. This is fascinating.
We have two natal Venus positions that really have no relation to one another, one in Leo and the other in Capricorn and out of orb. Their midpoint closely conjuncts the Saturn midpoint, which are both in reality out of sign as well.
So the two stabile Saturn energies combined are able to link together and bind the two Venus positions of affection.
As a corollary, the Venus midpoint also softens the Saturn seriousness in the relationship.
You don't mention who is who, is it the 29 libra Saturn sextile to the 26 Leo Venus?
Which would mean 2 scorpio Saturn is quintile the 13 Capricorn Venus.
It is the combination of the diverse natal positions that are linked here, giving stability to the relationship.