Stay in my home or move to a new one be better off financially for the long-term?

Ace

I have found a very good home in a far away state from where I currently live (primary home) that is closer to water and has a lot more sunshine. I want to know what property will be better off for me financially in the long-term. The intent of the question is to compare both properties to see which one will build more equity. To make the move, I would be selling the primary home here, take the proceeds from it and put it towards the new property away in the other state.

My primary home doesn't produce anything income wise (doesn't have an ADU) compared to the one in another state which does (I live upstairs, downstairs would be rented out which has a separate entrance but still attached to main home). The out of state property was recently completely redone and the furnishings and upgrades are pretty top notch. It really is one of the best homes I have viewed in a long time (online specifically) that just has tons of beautiful upgrades inside and out. Owners really appeared to have taken good care of the place at least from the photos and the virtual online tour.

So as I look at the chart, I immediately see S.N. in 1H. dr. farr a highly regarded astrologer on the forum here and he had mentioned before he has voided a chart when he sees this and says to ask the question at a later time. Before I try to analyze, I would like to know if other members experience inaccurate outcomes when S.N has this placement. Thank you.

Also for future reference with using the chart (if unreadable or not), I would like to know what you would assign as the significators here.

Me: Moon

Primary home: Jupiter
Financial condition primary home: Mars

Out of state home: Mercury is on the cusp, but Venus is there so which planet would it be? Mercury or Venus to represent it?

Financial condition out of state home: Moon is on the cusp there, but it's already assigned to "Me" so what planet should be assigned here? Mercury or Sun?

Attachments

• Move.jpg
    Move.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

ElenaJ

Ace, south node is not on the ascendent, although in the first house, it is almost close enough to the 2nd cusp to be considered in that house.
Your current property is the 4th, Jupiter, and it's financial value is the 5th, ruled by mars.
Mars is strong by sign, and will receive a trine from moon on the ascendent. Mars and moon are in mutual reception by house.
So, this is very positive.
The house itself is ruled by Jupiter in Capricorn, so it is not a new property, and it next aspects co-ruler of the house, Neptune. The 10th house is its sale price, mercury, who approaches an opposition to Jupiter, so you wouldn't be able to get the best price for it if you put it up for sale now. Part of fortune is in the 4th house, which is a positive sign.
The second property is the 7th, ruled by mercury.
Its financial income is the 8th house, ruled by moon, which is conjunct ascendent (in this case moon will not represent the querent), approaching a trine to mars. Mars rules the 10th of the 7th, so the sale price is good.
The ruler of the 7th house, mercury, is in the 2nd of the house, so it is eating up some of the income generated.
Mercury approaches an opposition from the 7th's house of income to Jupiter, ascendent ruler and will also oppose Saturn, ruler of your 2nd.
So, financially it would seem that the second property is not as good a financial value as the current one.

Ace

Ace, south node is not on the ascendent, although in the first house, it is almost close enough to the 2nd cusp to be considered in that house.
Your current property is the 4th, Jupiter, and it's financial value is the 5th, ruled by mars.
Mars is strong by sign, and will receive a trine from moon on the ascendent. Mars and moon are in mutual reception by house.
So, this is very positive.
The house itself is ruled by Jupiter in Capricorn, so it is not a new property, and it next aspects co-ruler of the house, Neptune. The 10th house is its sale price, mercury, who approaches an opposition to Jupiter, so you wouldn't be able to get the best price for it if you put it up for sale now. Part of fortune is in the 4th house, which is a positive sign.
The second property is the 7th, ruled by mercury.
Its financial income is the 8th house, ruled by moon, which is conjunct ascendent (in this case moon will not represent the querent), approaching a trine to mars. Mars rules the 10th of the 7th, so the sale price is good.
The ruler of the 7th house, mercury, is in the 2nd of the house, so it is eating up some of the income generated.
Mercury approaches an opposition from the 7th's house of income to Jupiter, ascendent ruler and will also oppose Saturn, ruler of your 2nd.
So, financially it would seem that the second property is not as good a financial value as the current one.

ElenaJ - Thank you. Some thoughts on SN from dr. farr:
"From my point of view (Dragon' Tail Farr, one of my nicknames) connection of any planet with the SN, is very inauspcious; you might have seen posts of mine here on AW (in the Horary section) where the SN being in the ascending sign made me regard the horary as totally unreliable (a concept I got from Gerard of Cremona and H.C. Agrippa), the question needing to be asked again at a later time; the Ankara tradition regarded SN in the ascending sign of a horary question to automatically give it a "no" answer, regardless of any and all other testimonies found in that horary chart; in simple Lunar divination ("divining by the Moon") if the Moon is approaching to conjunct or actually is conjunct the SN this is considered powerful negative (inauspicious) testimony. I follow Greco/Roman and medieval (and Vedic) astrological outlooks regarding the disruptive-fly in the ointment-chaotic nature of the Dragon's Tail; while rejecting the traditionalist concept of "natural malefics", and instead adopting a more "modernist" conditional-benefic/conditional-malefic outlook regarding planets, I nevertheless believe that the SN is always a disruptive/malefic influence under any and all conditions and circumstances, and that any connection of any planet or cusp or Part with the SN, brings into play a chaotic (at best) or, more often, a highly malefic influence."

I have not had experience with seeing many charts I have done with SN positioned as mentioned above to come to the same conclusion, but at worst the chart is rendered unreadable according to his own experiences. If we don't go this far saying that they are absolutely unreadable, then with my chart the SN can be considered at the very least malefic especially with the placement of it (SN being in the sign of the ASC). Also, the 2nd house cusp is at 3 degrees. I usually assign the nodes within a 2 degree orb of influence so isn't it not close enough to be recognized as being in the 2nd house?

"The house itself is ruled by Jupiter in Capricorn, so it is not a new property, and it next aspects co-ruler of the house, Neptune." Yes, my property is older but has minimal wear and tear. The sextile from Jupiter to Neptune is a past aspect.

"Mars rules the 10th of the 7th, so the sale price is good." If we count 10 houses from the 7th house cusp which would represent the price of the new property, Jupiter is the sign on that cusp, however, the planet Mars is positioned there in the 10th. Are you saying since Jupiter already represents my current home and myself, we must assign Mars to represent the price of the other home?

I am confused always when Moon doesn't represent the Querent anymore. I realize it being on the 8th house cusp so now that it ONLY represents the financial value of the other home and we no longer see it being a co-ruler of me. Do we still consider the Moon as the course of action of what is happening or representing only what is strictly happening from the lines of actions happening from the context of the financial value of the other home and nothing else?

To clarify, Mars both represents my current home's financial value and the price of the other property. Moon represents again the financial value of the other home so that trine harmonizes well with my current home's financial value. Does that translate somehow as that the financial values are similar from this aspect or it could mean something else?

ElenaJ

In effect, moon would now represent the 2nd of the 7th, so it won't represent you, but it can still be the "timer" of events.
You are Jupiter, so rather than assigning Jupiter also to the price of the new property, we could use Neptune, the co-ruler, who is trine mercury ruler of the property. Or the planet in the 10th, mars, who receives the trine from moon.
Yes, it can be confusing.
I'm familiar with Dr.Farr's work, he is a very respectable and competent astrologer.
However, I personally would not be so strict as to say SN is completely dire, or that being in the sign of the ascendent it nullifies the chart.
I'll leave this up to you, if you further on in time ask the question again and want to repost it, we can still take a look at it.
If you do another chart, insert the south node so you can keep an eye on it easily.