A chart for my surgery!

Joseph Ledzion

This is about as bad a chart as it gets.

It is a case example of what not to do when electing a time for surgery.

Anyway, keep in mind the Lord of the Hour. The Lord of the Hour, or planet ruling the Hour, isn't anywhere on astro.com by the way. And when you're really good at electing charts, one will keep in mind the Term of the Ascendant. I don't think we're to that point, however, in our level of electing charts.

The Moon, is separating from its ruler, Mars. This isn't too bad, because it show the event is already over, because its separating.

Having the Ascendant in Cancer, the detriment of Mars, is not a good start, especially if the surgery is on the breasts or stomach. 4 planets in detriment/fall is not good to say the least, especially the Lord of the Ascendant. There is a negative relationship between the Sun and the Moon (they are disjunct) indicating an inability to heal.

Nor the Sun in the 12th, applying to Saturn who rules the 8th, the house of death. The ruler of the 6th is found in the 8th house. Wow.

I'm not saying you're going to die. But I wouldn't have surgery this day at this time. Change it. You don't realize how bad this is. The Moon is also Via Combust. Forget the idea of Void of Course, I'd rather have a Void of Course Moon in Taurus, Cancer, Sagittarius or Pisces, than this one, on any day!

You've also got the ruler of the 12th, applying to the ruler of the 6th, who is in the 8th house. Call the morgue!

Venus and Mars are not really in reception, because planets that are in detriment do not have the power to receive each other, and they are not even aspecting each other. They are also out of Sect, and are extremely powerless.

Study a few more books, the rules for surgery aren't too hard to understand. It is as though this chart intentionally has broken all the rules.

The part of the body being operated on is perhaps the greatest consideration, and you've made no mention of it. Yes, surgery should be done when the Moon is near empty, for less blood loss.

Now, since this surgery isn't a big deal, I wouldn't worry. But I wouldn't have brain surgery during this time unless I wanted someone to die. You and your body are fine because the surgery is minor. No worries.

~hugs~

Joseph

Last edited:

waybread

Froggy, Joseph has given you a through work-up from a traditional astrology perspective.

From a modern, "astrology lite" viewpoint, I note that Mars rules surgery, so it is best if he's well-aspected.

Also, it is not uncommon for surgeries to be delayed or even moved forward (I had this happen once when another patient cancelled) so it's best to give yourself some hours of leeway.

Medical astrology is a very specialized field: just look for this topic on something like amazon.com, and you should locate several books.

Joseph Ledzion

I believe that this surgery is so common, that it is similar to a person riding their bike down the street. If the person on the bike was trying to do a stunt on a ramp, something that is really difficult, then this chart would be more worrisome, just as if the surgery were to be something more dangerous.

I certainly did not mean to give you a "work up" if I did at all. That's what always seems to happen when you write things really fast. My message was intended to point out a few obvious, classical (particularly Medieval) points, while assuring you not to worry. That is why I made those jokes.

My knowledge of electional astrology comes from several books and articles. I'm glad you asked me, because I now recognize that I need to be able to claim my sources much better in this area.

Did you know that many books are available for free on the internet, in limited previews? If you use another computer, you will be able to read different segments from the book. Much to be gained from this.

There are many classical astrology books for free as well, like Christian Astrology 1 and 2, and Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos. These two books, together, are the bread and butter, the bible and alter of astrological wisdom. A person who hasn't read them, doesn't know them... is better to call himself a fool than an astrologer!!

(That is a rip off of Hippocrates, the founder of modern medicine, who said that, "a doctor without knowledge of astrology had better call himself a fool than physician!")

Pretty neat.

And forget Amazon -- don't they have enough money? Stick to your own blood. We're family.

http://www.robhand.com/bookdealers.shtml

Joseph

p.s. I AM a holy cow.

Last edited: