Is the chat forum addictive?

Dubyadude1986

I have nothing against it, but I think it detracts from astrology. With that, I enjoy talking with most people in the chat and it's their right to chat.

CapAquaPis

I keep returning to this forum, because I wanna talk about astrology with all who are interested. I don't call it an addiction, more like meeting a good ol' friend. Like from the Cheers intro song: You wanna go where everyone knows your name. :tongue:

waybread

I agree with DD (for once, Big D!!) :cool:

At times the chat on non-astro and even silly topics overwhelms the astrology. If I were new to astrology and really serious about learning and sharing about it, and found that half the new threads were just about irrelevant (if not idiotic) chatter or conspiracy theories, I'd head over to a site that seemed more astrological. Sometimes when I click on "new posts" half the threads are completely irrelevant to astrology-- or anything informative.

Are we all so bored, or so bereft of other social media? Why not text your friends about this stuff?

I do participate in the chat threads on occasion, like the one now on drugs, because sometimes there are serious topics that inform our background understanding of current events or human nature, to the point where they become helpful to chart readings.

But on the whole, I could do without the chat and hot topics threads, and return this forum to its original intention, a community of people who care about astrology.

Anway, have a great Christmas, y'all.

conspiracy theorist

It can be nice. The thing about many miscellaneous I've come across is that it tends to be decried by the more "serious" members (they've been raising their protests in a couple of threads recently) but they still tend to be popular overall. Internet is srs business so I understand their grievances