Tell Me About the 11th House

magnolia8

Hi,

I have a PACKED 11th house - Venus-Sun-Mars + Mercury + BML + Orcus and other asteroids. Most descriptions of this house leave a lot to be desired, so can anyone share their personal experiences or observations with the 11th house?

Thank you.

JUPITERASC

Hi,

I have a PACKED 11th house
- Venus-Sun-Mars + Mercury

+ BML + Orcus and other asteroids.
Most descriptions of this house leave a lot to be desired,
so can anyone share their personal experiences
or
observations with the 11th house?

Thank you.
Individual charts necessarily vary relative to 11th House :smile:
because any one of the twelve signs could be on 11th house
and the natal chart shows that

Meanwhile Main Rulerships of 11th House = Traditionally known as the 'house of Good Fortune'
11th house has rulership over friends and friendship, supporters, benefactors
and those that help us directly or behind the scenes.
It is the house of beneficial fate, positive hope, trust, praise, comfort, goals and ambitions.
Its condition indicates the fidelity or falseness of friends
and it has rulership over promotion by recommendation of others.
It is a house of ambition, freedom, optimism and confidence
denoting personal strength, motivation and increase.
A fortunate 11th house is a beneficial influence for any chart
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h11.html

Frisiangal

Much depends upon the aspects made to planets in, to, and from the 11th house

The 11th house may well be associated with 'friends and friendships', yet it will be within the context of relationships that are 'non-romantic' and more 'platonic' of nature; a friendship sharing similar interests within the framework of a team, group, or community setting. E.g. You can get along fine with a fellow sports player, yet have no further association outside the area of sport, let alone want to have a personal relationship with him/her. Even if you do undergo such a relationship, the probablility is that it won't be 'binding' but that either in the relationship has an attitude where outer interests can take priority.
I often think that the 11th house is more a house of 'acquaintances'.

I can offer several examples from personal family experiences....mentioned several times already on various threads over the years.:lol::

My youngest daughter has an 11th house Saturn in Leo. When younger she danced in a formation team that required absolute discipline and reached international status. Yet her future husband was not one of her fellow male dancers but the young man in the dancing class she set her heart on in her teens who didn't take dancing seriously and left.
They share many joint friends within the community since childhood. A major circumstance is that, due to accident, disease, and suicide, they have seen more than an average number of these friends die young. A number of others have divorced and been left alone, all from which she has learnt and has had an enormous impact upon her nature.

I have an 11th Mars and Ceres in Cancer in the 11th house. I didn't get the teenager I had the long term crush on.
When younger I gave conversation lessons to a group which lasted for a number of years and ended with a foreign trip to put that which was learnt into practice.
Through my passion (with Pluto) for astrology I gave lessons, readings and community talks, during which I was propositioned for a same sex relationship :surprised:. My English roots thought up an afternoon for High Tea, set around the story of tea, in which over the years many of the womens' guilds in the area took part .
I have had a community interest for 40 years on a complex that once had 75 and is now down to 28 tenant allotments. I was once propositioned by one of the members and just laughed it off! Another I felt like propositioning and never did. :biggrin:.

Strangely, my Cap. Moon doesn't 'need' other people around me, yet I
truly enjoy the friendliness within the 11th community setting of activities (Mars).

My son has an 11th house Jupiter in Sagittarius. He played a decent game of amateur football in his teens and made the provincial sports pages (Sag. publication) quite regularly. One quote said of him, ’he’s a real team player. He hasn’t scored once himself, yet has provided the most passes that allowed others to score and shine.’ (The team captain and centre forward was a Sun in Leo! Can you believe it???).
He has kept the same male friends since nursery school. New ones are in the alternative healing sector.
Jupiter rules M.C. He has found his calling as an 11th house ‘free lance’ Emergency Response Office trainer in First Aid/Fire Prevention for p
rofessional companies. He is not confined to one place but travels to clients around the provincial area daily.

Just a few 11th house influences that work with other aspects to bring about the possibilities shown in a chart.

magnolia8

Individual charts necessarily vary relative to 11th House :smile:
because any one of the twelve signs could be on 11th house
and the natal chart shows that

Meanwhile Main Rulerships of 11th House = Traditionally known as the 'house of Good Fortune'
11th house has rulership over friends and friendship, supporters, benefactors
and those that help us directly or behind the scenes.
It is the house of beneficial fate, positive hope, trust, praise, comfort, goals and ambitions.
Its condition indicates the fidelity or falseness of friends
and it has rulership over promotion by recommendation of others.
It is a house of ambition, freedom, optimism and confidence
denoting personal strength, motivation and increase.
A fortunate 11th house is a beneficial influence for any chart
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h11.html

Thank you.
I can't say that I've seen the benefits of this house (yet), and I'm trying to find out why so that I CAN reap the benefits.
I'll look into that link.

magnolia8

Much depends upon the aspects made to planets in, to, and from the 11th house

The 11th house may well be associated with 'friends and friendships', yet it will be within the context of relationships that are 'non-romantic' and more 'platonic' of nature; a friendship sharing similar interests within the framework of a team, group, or community setting. E.g. You can get along fine with a fellow sports player, yet have no further association outside the area of sport, let alone want to have a personal relationship with him/her. Even if you do undergo such a relationship, the probablility is that it won't be 'binding' but that either in the relationship has an attitude where outer interests can take priority.
I often think that the 11th house is more a house of 'acquaintances'.

I can offer several examples from personal family experiences....mentioned several times already on various threads over the years.:lol::

My youngest daughter has an 11th house Saturn in Leo. When younger she danced in a formation team that required absolute discipline and reached international status. Yet her future husband was not one of her fellow male dancers but the young man in the dancing class she set her heart on in her teens who didn't take dancing seriously and left.
They share many joint friends within the community since childhood. A major circumstance is that, due to accident, disease, and suicide, they have seen more than an average number of these friends die young. A number of others have divorced and been left alone, all from which she has learnt and has had an enormous impact upon her nature.

I have an 11th Mars and Ceres in Cancer in the 11th house. I didn't get the teenager I had the long term crush on.
When younger I gave conversation lessons to a group which lasted for a number of years and ended with a foreign trip to put that which was learnt into practice.
Through my passion (with Pluto) for astrology I gave lessons, readings and community talks, during which I was propositioned for a same sex relationship :surprised:. My English roots thought up an afternoon for High Tea, set around the story of tea, in which over the years many of the womens' guilds in the area took part .
I have had a community interest for 40 years on a complex that once had 75 and is now down to 28 tenant allotments. I was once propositioned by one of the members and just laughed it off! Another I felt like propositioning and never did. :biggrin:.

Strangely, my Cap. Moon doesn't 'need' other people around me, yet I
truly enjoy the friendliness within the 11th community setting of activities (Mars).

My son has an 11th house Jupiter in Sagittarius. He played a decent game of amateur football in his teens and made the provincial sports pages (Sag. publication) quite regularly. One quote said of him, ’he’s a real team player. He hasn’t scored once himself, yet has provided the most passes that allowed others to score and shine.’ (The team captain and centre forward was a Sun in Leo! Can you believe it???).
He has kept the same male friends since nursery school. New ones are in the alternative healing sector.
Jupiter rules M.C. He has found his calling as an 11th house ‘free lance’ Emergency Response Office trainer in First Aid/Fire Prevention for p
rofessional companies. He is not confined to one place but travels to clients around the provincial area daily.

Just a few 11th house influences that work with other aspects to bring about the possibilities shown in a chart.

Very interesting, I thank you for sharing. I confess, however, that I'm still not much closer to understanding why this house is so foreign to *me.* I hardly feel it on any level, which is odd considering 4 out of 5 personal planets reside in this house AND the 5th one - my Moon - rules it. *blank stare* I'll blame Pluto/12th house influences for now.

Frisiangal

I confess, however, that I'm still not much closer to understanding why this house is so foreign to *me.* I hardly feel it on any level, which is odd considering 4 out of 5 personal planets reside in this house AND the 5th one - my Moon - rules it. *blank stare* I'll blame Pluto/12th house influences for now.

So it's a large portion of you expressed through Cancer?

If the BML you are referring to is the MEAN astrological point :lilth:and/or the TRUE position given as H13 on astro. com charts and :lilth:. on Astrotheme charts, it could explain the lack of feeling as a result of inner experiences from a very young age.
Don't feel or allow feelings in,when one actually cares a great deal, or turn away from them ,and a person can't be hurt! Can they????:sideways:

Don't know how the asteroid called Lilith would act.

With Cancer on my 11th house cusp, I've had to learn to become independent of my feelings and the effect they have had upon me/life. :smile:

david starling

Hi,

I have a PACKED 11th house - Venus-Sun-Mars + Mercury + BML + Orcus and other asteroids. Most descriptions of this house leave a lot to be desired, so can anyone share their personal experiences or observations with the 11th house?

Thank you.

H11 is, ultimately, House of Transcendence.

magnolia8

So it's a large portion of you expressed through Cancer?

If the BML you are referring to is the MEAN astrological point :lilth:and/or the TRUE position given as H13 on astro. com charts and :lilth:. on Astrotheme charts, it could explain the lack of feeling as a result of inner experiences from a very young age.
Don't feel or allow feelings in,when one actually cares a great deal, or turn away from them ,and a person can't be hurt! Can they????:sideways:

Don't know how the asteroid called Lilith would act.

With Cancer on my 11th house cusp, I've had to learn to become independent of my feelings and the effect they have had upon me/life. :smile:

Not quite - Cancer is on the cusp, but only Mercury and BML (yes, mean) are in Cancer. Mars-Sun-Venus are in Leo.

TBH, I've never paid much attention to my BML other than warnings on some sites that I could be a toxic mother, LOL. I don't know how Lilith relates to feelings, though. I've not experienced any trauma either.

I'm at a point where I'm tempted to ask "what are feelings? what are emotions" just to make sure I am indeed experiencing them, LOL! (I'm kidding - sort of.)

ETA: When I said I don't "feel" my 11th house, I simply meant that I don't relate to my placements as defined by other astrologers. I think I've only read one or two descriptions that were somewhat accurate. It was explained to me on this forum that my Pluto and 12th house influences (possibly my 8th-house Jupiter bucket-handle, too) are nullifying or coloring some of the energy of my 11th house.

I obviously am no expert in astrology, but I do believe this house is just not understood or represented well.

Last edited:

david starling

Magnolia8, if you use Whole-sign Houses, what Planets (including Moon) are in H11? It can vary considerably from Placidus. My own House placements make no sense to me in Placidus, but perfect sense in Whole-sign. The 1st House coincides with the entire Sign your Asc is in, and the rest of the Houses follow from that.

Last edited:

magnolia8

Hi, David

Using Whole Signs, only Mercury remains. Mars-Sun-Venus conjunction moves into the 12th house. My Moon was never in the 11th.

I joined this forum to work out what I felt were 12th-house overtones in my personality and life history. I wondered whether Whole Signs was, in fact, more accurate, even though it moved other planets into unfavorable positions. Ultimately, with the knowledge and opinions I gathered, I decided that Placidus is more accurate (I just cannot agree with my new 3rd and 5th house placements of Pluto and Neptune, respectively, under Whole Signs).

david starling

J
Hi, David

Using Whole Signs, only Mercury remains. Mars-Sun-Venus conjunction moves into the 12th house. My Moon was never in the 11th.

I joined this forum to work out what I felt were 12th-house overtones in my personality and life history. I wondered whether Whole Signs was, in fact, more accurate, even though it moved other planets into unfavorable positions. Ultimately, with the knowledge and opinions I gathered, I decided that Placidus is more accurate (I just cannot agree with my new 3rd and 5th house placements of Pluto and Neptune, respectively, under Whole Signs).

So that would be Pluto in Scorpio in H3, House of Communication; and, Neptune in Capricorn in H5, House of Enjoyment? What opinions of these placements are so unlike you that you rejected Whole-sign? (If you don't mind the question.) I found descriptions of H12 to be EXTREMELY inadequate from my personal perspective. Not everything written is necessarily correct!

Last edited:

magnolia8

Let's see:

Neptune in the 5th: I lack creativity, which is hugely emphasized with this placement. I do appreciate the arts and occasionally imagine myself playing an instrument, etc., but I'm a Leo with strong Venus/Libra influence - enough said, IMO.

I do not fall in "love" easily; in fact, I've never even been in a relationship and I'm in my upper twenties. I have no desire to play the martyr with men, even if they insist that I save them (from their loneliness and feelings of inadequacy, I guess). I mean no disrespect, but I have trouble seeing men beyond their money and sex. Which brings me to Pluto.

Pluto is in my 2nd house in Placidus. I like it there. It's the ruler of my 3rd house. I've talked about my experiences with that house in another thread. To recap, my relationship with my siblings is non-existent due to early experiences. Nothing remarkable about neighbors. Nothing remarkable about my mind (no, I'm not a dullard, LOL) or speech, although I had a sharp tongue as a teenager. Actually, my mouth got me in a world of trouble at school - I was almost sent to a de facto juvenile detention center behind it.
Anyway, Pluto is 5 degrees from my 3rd house in Placidus, so I think it may be acting on that house beyond mere rulership.

Ok, there could be more that I've left out. Why do you say descriptions of the 12th are inaccurate?

Last edited:

david starling

Let's see:

Neptune in the 5th: I lack creativity, which is hugely emphasized with this placement. I do appreciate the arts and occasionally imagine myself playing an instrument, etc., but I'm a Leo with strong Libra influence - enough said, IMO.

I do not fall in "love" easily; in fact, I've never even been in a relationship and I'm in my upper twenties. I have no desire to play the martyr with men, even if they insist that I save them (from their loneliness and feelings of inadequacy, I guess). I mean no disrespect, but I have trouble seeing men beyond their money and sex. Which brings me to Pluto.

Pluto is in my 2nd house in Placidus. I like it there. It's the ruler of my 3rd house. I've talked about my experiences with that house in another thread. To recap, my relationship with my siblings is non-existent due to early experiences. Nothing remarkable about neighbors. Nothing remarkable about my mind (no, I'm not a dullard, LOL) or speech, although I had a sharp tongue as a teenager. Actually, my mouth got me in a world of trouble at school - I was almost sent to a de facto juvenile detention center behind it.
Anyway, Pluto is 5 degrees from my 3rd house in Placidus, so I think it may be acting on that house beyond mere rulership.

Ok, there could be more that I've left out. Why do you say descriptions of the 12th are inaccurate?

I perceive it as the House of Imaginations, and most of the descriptions I've seen appear to have been by those with either very limited imaginative ability, or gloomy, even nightmarish imaginings. Imaginative solutions, and the distillation and crystallization of complexity into clear, concise models, are H12 abilities. Just the reverse of what's said about it by those who can't make it work for them.
I'm considering the possibility that the different House methods are a way of presenting us with choices about what we COULD be like. In which case, you like the Placidus version of yourself better than the Whole-sign, and I prefer the Whole-sign version of myself: Both are potentially correct, and the Signs the Planets are in probably play a large role in which version we're inclined to choose.

Last edited:

magnolia8

You may be right about the 12th house. I usually read how energy gets lost in that house, but then these readings will list artists, musicians and other hyper-creative types who have planets (usually, the Sun) there. How can creativity flourish in the 12th house if anything placed there is "lost?" I hope this makes sense. I'm trying to support your point, LOL.

Anyway.
How can one choose which House system fits them? My life experiences and personality traits correspond to one system better than others. There's no choice involved there. What's your opinion?

david starling

You may be right about the 12th house. I usually read how energy gets lost in that house, but then these readings will list artists, musicians and other hyper-creative types who have planets (usually, the Sun) there. How can creativity flourish in the 12th house if anything placed there is "lost?" I hope this makes sense. I'm trying to support your point, LOL.

Anyway.
How can one choose which House system fits them? My life experiences and personality traits correspond to one system better than others. There's no choice involved there. What's your opinion?

That's the one you've chosen, unconsciously. So, that's the one you should use.[IMO] The environment is probably what causes us to develop in ways that are described by one House system better than another. I've named H11 "House of Transcendence". Interesting word with several meanings. Friendship of the kind that requires rising above prejudice and disagreement would fit. Any unlikely friends in your life, where you're willing to overlook their annoying habits and differing opinions? Transcendence also means "pushing the envelope" in order to surpass the limits you feel are holding things back. Moving beyond materialistic thinking is another. And, surpassing expectations. Can you relate to any of these characteristics, as an 11th House person? :unsure:

Osamenor

Staff member
Any unlikely friends in your life, where you're willing to overlook their annoying habits and differing opinions? Transcendence also means "pushing the envelope" in order to surpass the limits you feel are holding things back. Moving beyond materialistic thinking is another. And, surpassing expectations. Can you relate to any of these characteristics, as an 11th House person? :unsure:

I relate to this very strongly, and I have no placements in my eleventh house except my north node. Nothing in Aquarius, either, so it's not a sign equivalent thing.

I appreciate this eleventh house description, because I've been trying to figure out a placement that appeared in my natal eleventh house in my last solar return chart. My SR AC was there, and Mars and Saturn conjunct right on it... and I do indeed see that kind of transcendent friendship, or rather, necessary collaboration, being a front and center issue right now. Not to take the thread too off track, but the placement of a solar return AC is about what's front and center for the native right now and the coming year... so that fits!

magnolia8

That's the one you've chosen, unconsciously. So, that's the one you should use.[IMO] The environment is probably what causes us to develop in ways that are described by one House system better than another. I've named H11 "House of Transcendence". Interesting word with several meanings. Friendship of the kind that requires rising above prejudice and disagreement would fit. Any unlikely friends in your life, where you're willing to overlook their annoying habits and differing opinions? Transcendence also means "pushing the envelope" in order to surpass the limits you feel are holding things back. Moving beyond materialistic thinking is another. And, surpassing expectations. Can you relate to any of these characteristics, as an 11th House person? :unsure:

Short message

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi,

Thank you.

Speaking only for myself, it would be a lot easier to look at your 11th house if we could look at your 11th house. Every one's 11th is going to be just as personal and individual as each of us is.

The 11th is a Solar house (as opposed to Lunar) so it is going to be about things that happen because of, and not simply "to" us. It is the friends we seek out, as opposed to the friends/family/tribe that are granted to us by proximity. It is the beneficence of the "king," and so the rewards we get from people who have authority over us. In that sense it can represent those in higher places who move us forward in our career, status, or reputation. It is the house of Good Spirit, as opposed to the house of Good Fortune. Trust, friendship, and the things we get from them. Our hopes and wishes, and how those will materialize for us. It is the 12th to the 12th house, which is the house of bad Spirit, also a solar house. The 12th (sorry, David) is things that are not good for our spirit, usually brought on by ourselves. Easiest way to define the 12th is the misery we impose on ourselves. The 11th is succedent to the 12th, so shows us where and how we can rise from our own misery, culminating in the 10th angular house which brings us to our achievements.

david starling

Speaking only for myself, it would be a lot easier to look at your 11th house if we could look at your 11th house. Every one's 11th is going to be just as personal and individual as each of us is.

The 11th is a Solar house (as opposed to Lunar) so it is going to be about things that happen because of, and not simply "to" us. It is the friends we seek out, as opposed to the friends/family/tribe that are granted to us by proximity. It is the beneficence of the "king," and so the rewards we get from people who have authority over us. In that sense it can represent those in higher places who move us forward in our career, status, or reputation. It is the house of Good Spirit, as opposed to the house of Good Fortune. Trust, friendship, and the things we get from them. Our hopes and wishes, and how those will materialize for us. It is the 12th to the 12th house, which is the house of bad Spirit, also a solar house. The 12th (sorry, David) is things that are not good for our spirit, usually brought on by ourselves. Easiest way to define the 12th is the misery we impose on ourselves. The 11th is succedent to the 12th, so shows us where and how we can rise from our own misery, culminating in the 10th angular house which brings us to our achievements.

The 11th is a Succedent House, but it PRECEDES H12 in order, as the numbering implies. Sounds like you're viewing them in retrograde order?:unsure:

Last edited: