planet with the highest degree in a chart

Bina

I remember reading somewhere that in vedic astrology the planet with the highest degree is considered especially strong or the most developed planet in a chart. Is this correct?
In my vedic chart Mercury has the highest degree. What would this mean?:innocent:

aniani

Hi Bina,

Yes correct BUT, when a planet is in it's last degree or last 5 degrees, it is said to be weak. It would be ideal if it is a malefic planet of your chart is in the last degree as it would weaken the effect of that planet. However, as for mercury, it works best when it is in a younger degree.

aniani

Hi Bina, Mercury is known to be debilitated in Pisces. Debilitated planets are essentially very weak.

A planet will start losing it's power gradually after 25 degrees and become pretty weak at the last degree. It is also powerless at 0 degrees. Then it will gradually become stronger until it reaches 25 degrees. Hope this helps :)

Dear, Plants have 03 stages of life and accordingly they give results.
1. Balyawastha (0 to 10 Degree) - Effect increases with age
2. Yuvavastha (10+ to 20 Degree) - Effect is constant
3. Vriddhavastha (20+ to 30 Degree) - Effect is very low

theV

My Saturn is in Aquarius 28 would I consider it weak or strong, plus it is the most elevated planet in my chart?

muchacho

I remember reading somewhere that in vedic astrology the planet with the highest degree is considered especially strong or the most developed planet in a chart. Is this correct?
In my vedic chart Mercury has the highest degree. What would this mean?:innocent:
That's the Jaimini tradition of vedic astrology. Your Mercury would be Chara Atmakaraka.

muchacho

My Saturn is in Aquarius 28 would I consider it weak or strong, plus it is the most elevated planet in my chart?
In vedic astrology we use Shadbala (sixfold strength) for determining the strength of a planet. So position in sign is only one of several other factors that have to be considered.

Bina

Cast your vedic horoscope on astro.com, that is sidereal as opposed to tropical zodiac (western) - if you have not already done so-, and then look for the planet with the highest degree. Only inner planets and nodes count, the nodes are a special case, as they travel backwards, he explains what to do in the article. Hope this helps...

aniani

Ah!! You were wondering if Mercury was your Chara Atmakaraka. Sorry Bina, I misunderstood your query as asking for the importance of degree planets in a chart! Glad it is all sorted out! :)

theV

Vedic is so complicated to me I don't know why. here is my chart:

Attachments

• vedic.jpg
    vedic.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 34

muchacho

You don't have to worry about this as a beginner. It's not essential. It's just an additional tool that can give additional insights.

And vedic software usually by default tells you what planet is what. Let's say your Mercury has the highest number of degrees then this would be indicated by your software as "Me (AK)", meaning "Me" for Mercury and "AK" for Atmakaraka. That way you'll know that Mercury is Chara Atmakaraka, i.e. your personal Atmakaraka. The natural Atmakaraka is always the Sun.

astrodranjna

Planet that has the highest degree is considered the Chara Atmakaraka (AK), the strongest planet. AK shows us how the soul will be able to develop during this life. It also recommended to pay attention to the house of the horoscope where AK is located. This is the main house in which karmic experiences work out. This house will certainly be a very important house for you, but it may not always give the easiest experiences duting its dasha.

cocoloco

Interesting, mine is Venus in Pisces @27 degrees, in the 5th house. I have a Libra ascendant too. Maybe that is why I am so keen on balancing everything lol. I am one of those person that would straiten out anything hanging crookedly. In grade school, I even had to balance equally the amount of pens, pencils, erasers in each compartment of my pencil's box. Lol,some kid called me a freak because of that!!