Neptune conjunct Asc vs Neptune Opposite Asc

SimlyLuna

Hey all!

I have a question concerning the Angles of the first and seven house and Asc/Opposite aspects.

It is my understanding if there is a planet that conjuncts an angle it would also oppose an angle.

I've been trying to understand the nature of opposite in planets, for example, venus oppose moon, would suggest a person who will not meet both their values/beauty/attractions at the same time feeling emotionally comfortable/safe at the same. Sorry I have to explain in a cookbook manner.

So if Neptune conjunct the dsc, it would oppose the asc.
How would that play out those that has Neptune on the asc and oppose the dsc? Would it be similar and how are they different?

Last edited:

katydid

Moon opposing Venus is like an emotional see saw. The Moon represents comfort, and longing and memories from childhood and what our mother and our family wants from us and expects from us. It describes what we need emotionally to feel satisfied and happy. Your Moon is in the 5th in Libra. So maybe your family wants to see you happily married, with children and the white picket fence?

Your family expects you to follow rules, etiquette and be polite and well mannered, socially admired?

Venus is the ruler of that Libran Moon. So Venus tells us how you go about trying to fulfill your family’s expectations.

Venus is in opposition to the Moon. So you rebel against those family expectations. Venus in Aries in the 11th is more of a social outlier, and someone who paves their own trail, proudly and bravely.

What you value, and what you love and are attracted to [venus in aries] is in conflict with what your family wants for you. They want you to be the polite, well mannered wife who follows their traditional values. But that would not make you happy or fulfilled.

Neptune, opposing the Ascendant, makes it hard for you to easily follow your own dreams, perhaps.

You have Pallas sitting right upon your Ascendant. You have strong instincts, good perceptive skills and might be strongly intuitive, and strategic.

But that Neptune on the opposing angle makes it hard for others to hear your ideas, and hard for them to receive what you are communicating. It may come across as disjointed or confused because it is based partially upon flashes of insight, sudden thoughts, feelings. But it is honest and insightful information.

People may think you are lost of confused, but you are much more intelligent than some realize. I think you are defensive at times, and cut off your nose to spite your face, by being difficult or rebellious, when someone questions you.

That Moon/Venus opposition may intrude upon your ability to form strong friendships and you might really need that if you want to break away from your family somewhat.
:sideways:
Venus in Aries might be too outspoken in an awkward way. Learn to rein that impulsive tongue in a little so others do not see you as aggressive. Because you are not the way you sometimes appear. You are sensitive and caring and it is important that potential friends know that.:innocent:

SimlyLuna

Whoa! I didn't expect the feedback. :love: Whatever you have said resonates with me. I have always have trouble making and keeping friends. :( I'm hopeless! -- Although I have been learning to hold back my tongue. Thanks katydid. I wish my young self learn earlier.

My mother does want me to be traditional and religious but it is something I feel will go against my values and morals.

If the aspect, opposite, is like a see-saw effect, would it be safe to say having a planet on asc or dsc oppose (an angle) is very similar than different?

Last edited:

Lin

Each angle is slightly different, though all of them represent identity.

The ASC is the personality identity (you) so if you have Neptune on the ASC it is hard to see things in a clear and "real" way. And you may not see the true character of the person or people represented by the 7th house (DSC).

If Neptune is on the DSC you may be attracted to people who have Neptunian issues ...such as addictions, deceptions, unrealistic ideals and/or inability to see truth (as opposed to fantasy.)

I believe the worst angle to contain Neptune is the 4th. As this represents "identity crisis lifetime."

Heavy planets on the angles is always tricky. The entire chart needs to be studied.
LIN