Marrying for MONEY? A good idea?

Bunraku

Venus rules gonorrhoea.
Venus also rules almonds.
Venus rules singers.

Because Venus rules all three, All singers have gonorrhoea and love almonds.

I mean if we look at a natal chart, we don’t just look at Venus for money, because there are houses and methods that can drastically change everything -- venus might be irrelevant.

And using the 'Venus rules money and love’ line doesn’t even make any sense.
I can say ‘Venus rules money and musicians’ line to try to make it seem like women and musicians are together somehow.

Venus also rules Spanish pox and virgins.
Virgins have spanish pox. Proof is in the pudding.

I'm just saying, i feel i understand love on a much more understandable level than most, but maybe i'm being full of myself?

My natal chart is err well interesting at least the latest information i got about it from Phoenix Venus at least.

A chart can help reflect my own views i guess, it can also show how we love, there are variations to love, but the basic principles do not change and when they do... we get stuff like Indian marriage.

qy3j1sc.gif

LGzefrU.png

LGzefrU.png

KwDeLci.png

KwDeLci.png

I feel i'm making this thread about me... i don't like this.

Please excuse me, but i call from own experience which i use a lot of introspective research, so please do not think i'm trying to gain attention which yes i like, i'm just trying to feed the topic with a view point and want to delve deeper, i'm very opinionated but i'm also a good listener. :innocent:

Bunraku

Cancer,

Whether a man will marry or not, how many wives, quality of the wife, etc. can be seen in the natal chart.

Want to begin? :happy:

Bunraku

Lol if you think I’m gonna do all the work

First, if you’re willing, calculate the part of marriage: Ascendant degree + Venus - Saturn

You can do a quick google search on how to calculate parts - they even have a calculator for it.

Lol if you think I’m gonna do all the work

First, if you’re willing, calculate the part of marriage: Ascendant degree + Venus - Saturn

You can do a quick google search on how to calculate parts - they even have a calculator for it.

Where is the calculator?

I googled it but came up with non traditional astrology and a bunch of stuff that's not really what i am after.

Thanks for your time.

waybread

Define "money." A lot? Enough to be comfortable, as you define it?

Are you familiar with the term "gold digging"?

What happens if you manage to marry for money, and then your husband loses it through a bad investment, inability to work due to an extended illness or injury, or job loss, &c? Do you divorce him then, and go looking for another rich man?

If you don't come from a well-heeled family yourself, how do you propose to meet Mr. Rich? You probably don't move in the same social circles. Or have you now got a membership in the local yacht club or exclusive country club? Do you work for an employer that hires well-to-do men, like a big New York law firm or brokerage firm?

What would you bring to the table, so to speak?

As someone who has been married 2x for a total of 40 years, I think that sustaining a relationship requires that, above all, you be one another's best friend.

waybread

Not a good idea. Marrying for money is basically settling. Not good for the soul.

I agree with cap (maybe its my venus sextile neptune)

Love doesnt diminish over time. Love thats built on trust and commitment only grows stronger. Might seem like some fantasy but its true.

Theres a big difference between "love" and "attraction". The difference depends upon ones approach towards those they feel attracted to.

Pardon me, if I'm a bit more cynical. In the US today, depending on where you live, around one third to one half of all first marriages end in divorce. The percentages are higher for second marriages.

Many unhappy couples stay together for the sake of their children, or because of the major financial hit they would take if they divorced and then lived as single people.

Many spouses put up with their spouse's cheating, addiction, or verbal abuse because of the above reasons, and because they do not have a viable Plan B of where to go next. This is especially true for women where the husband is the primary bread-winner, and she can't afford a decent apartment on her salary alone.

Love is important, but it will change over the duration of a relationship. You'd probably be better off with a low-income husband with income growth potential who knows how to manage and invest his money, than with a rich man who squanders his wealth on showy "toys" and a big house.

The best solution for a woman who wants a comfortable lifestyle is to acquire the education and job experiences to earn her own comfortable income. Then if you find someone to marry, that's fine, too.

The sugar daddy is a myth.

From the Let's Get Real Department, W.

Phoenix Venus

Pardon me, if I'm a bit more cynical. In the US today, depending on where you live, around one third to one half of all first marriages end in divorce. The percentages are higher for second marriages.

Many unhappy couples stay together for the sake of their children, or because of the major financial hit they would take if they divorced and then lived as single people.

Many spouses put up with their spouse's cheating, addiction, or verbal abuse because of the above reasons, and because they do not have a viable Plan B of where to go next. This is especially true for women where the husband is the primary bread-winner, and she can't afford a decent apartment on her salary alone.

Love is important, but it will change over the duration of a relationship. You'd probably be better off with a low-income husband with income growth potential who knows how to manage and invest his money, than with a rich man who squanders his wealth on showy "toys" and a big house.

The best solution for a woman who wants a comfortable lifestyle is to acquire the education and job experiences to earn her own comfortable income. Then if you find someone to marry, that's fine, too.

The sugar daddy is a myth.

From the Let's Get Real Department, W.

Oh the pardon is all mine dear waybread :p

Im just gonna say what works for the masses doesnt work for everyone. Their divorce rates have no bearing on my viewpoints of love. My experiences with those i love are 100% real. Ive said it before and ill say it again i think love is a policy and its dependent upon how the person treats the other. (i know its counterintuitive to say love can be unconditional if its depending upon how you treat someone, but in general, the better you treat them, the more love you are expressing and the more you are loving ypurself, if the actions are straight and not in vain.)

I dont think people should have to put up with addictions or abuse. Sometimes its more an act of love to let someone go than hang on to them. (and thats wherein the unconditional part fits in. You can love them without letting it depricate your self love.)

Last edited:

blackbery

Good question. And it depends of what your goals and dreams are.
If it's 'true love' then marry for love. I know many couples who have been together 20/30 years and they are content and happy in their choice to remain married despite the obstacles they have overcome. Because their love is still there.

Others 'choose' partners as the article explains in order to have children, for safety and security reasons or because they don't want to be alone. Or they
choose wealthy partners in order to have a comfortable lifestyle.
They can be equally happy and content as those that marry for 'love' alone.

But many many people are choosing to not get married as they enjoy their
independence and their different choice of partners. And they don't want kids.

Sometimes, you have to wonder if many people got married, had kids in the
past because that was just the thing to be done; to be accepted socially.

There is much pressure in the East to get married young, have sons and
it's a different mentality altogether. Here in the West, marriage is now a
choice. So whether you choose a wealthy partner or not, at least you don't
have to marry the first person who comes along to avoid the 'not married' stigma. Many jobs in the past wouldn't even consider hiring you if you were
not married!

:surprised:

Any experience with this?

See, I see this as somewhat beneficial because you can LEARN to love someone rather than basing it off lovey-dovey “love at first sight” feelings, which are fleeting and temporary (PROOF: AMERICA’S HIGH DIVORCE RATES).

See, maybe this is an alternative life path worth pursuing... hmm...

3 reasons why you shouldn’t marry for love:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...1/3-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-marry-love-alone
1. Love is a changeable emotion.
2. Love does not make for a strong enough foundation.
3. Love is far from “all you need.”

Thank you.

StillOne

Any experience with this?

See, I see this as somewhat beneficial because you can LEARN to love someone rather than basing it off lovey-dovey “love at first sight” feelings, which are fleeting and temporary (PROOF: AMERICA’S HIGH DIVORCE RATES).

See, maybe this is an alternative life path worth pursuing... hmm...

3 reasons why you shouldn’t marry for love:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...1/3-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-marry-love-alone
1. Love is a changeable emotion.
2. Love does not make for a strong enough foundation.
3. Love is far from “all you need.”

Thank you.

Would you let your partner know that you were marrying them for money?

waybread

How many participants on this thread are married? Been in a long term relationship?

I'm seeing a lot more ideology on this thread than practical experience.

Please keep in mind that many couples are very discrete about what they express about their relationship in public. You would have to know these people really, really well to learn whether or not they are happy. Unhappy couple will often bicker with each other in public; but a couple can have some major stressers that they don't divulge to you out of personal pride and a desire for privacy.

Also, what happens if the spouse you love cheats on you? Develops a drinking problem? Is seldom home due to work commitments? Changes his mind about whether or not he wants children?

Especially if you want to marry a wealthy man, Bunraku, he probably won't work a 9-5 day while he is building his career. Some professions are more troubled this way than others.

These are real issues, folks.

Bunraku

Would you let your partner know that you were marrying them for money?

The man would be extremely naive if he didn’t believe that his status, wealth, and education made him a desirable, just as how I would be naive if I didn’t know that my youth, appearance, personality, wealth, education, and my own status made me appealing to them ??????????

Why are all of you pretending that we only look at a persons personality, soul (or whatever pretentious nonsense)? NO. A person is comprised of all the things he has done in his life, the people surrounding him, the things he owns, and the way he interacts with the world, which includes you and me, and etc. If you marry someone, you are marrying EVERYTHING that comes with him, and some certain aspects of his life are more prominent than others, etc.

Last edited: