Do I have a T-Square or a Grand Cross?

santama

Hi,

would you say that I have Grand Cross in my Chart although Venus is not directly connected to Saturn and Mars? Or would you intepret it as what it is by the drawn chart, a T-Square?

Would be interesting to know.

I have a lot of tension and obstacles in my life. I want to learn how to overcome these. I feel as if I am not living to my full potential.

Thanks!

Attachments

• natalchartequal.jpg
    natalchartequal.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 52

JUPITERASC

Hi,

would you say that I have Grand Cross in my Chart although Venus is not directly connected to Saturn and Mars? Or would you intepret it as what it is by the drawn chart, a T-Square?

I have a lot of tension and obstacles in my life. I want to learn how to overcome these. I feel as if I am not living to my full potential.

Thanks!

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
ASPECT PATTERNS :smile:

When three or more planets are connected to each other
by aspect, they form a pattern with a meaning of its own.

'T' SQUARE:

asptsq.gif
Two planets in opposition

are both in square to a third planet.
This brings tension and sharp, pressing problems
the result of which may be great energy
and consequently a better than average
chance of success throughout life.

When interpreting a T' Square
all the factors involved
- planets, signs and houses
- must be taken separately
and then built up into a picture of the choices
difficulties and solutions which each planet suggests.

[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

katydid

Hi,

Thanks!
I would call it a Grand Cross because the Venus is the midpoint of the Mars/Saturn opposition. So technically, it is a Grand Cross.

And I think that is better to have, than to have all of those squares, not really connected into a configuration. People with multiple squares, spread across the zodiac, but not forming t-Squares etc, have a more difficult time overcoming their obstacles.

Saturn, the ruler of your Cap rising, is in the 2nd house, in Pisces.
It would be easy for you to see yourself as a victim and to give up, when things get difficult. It is important that you try to rally, and tap into your inner strength, and keep going.

That Saturn makes an exact trine to your Sun in the 6th. Keep working, keep being of service to others and caring for them. You will dig yourself out of the hole. You have resilience and compassion and loyalty. These qualities will serve you well.

Last edited:

santama

Thank you for your answers, y'all! Sorry, I've just seen them now!
Thank you for encouraging me, katydid!

Sometimes life seems like such a long and exhausting road to me.. I want to make the best out of it though!

Harmelia

Hi,

Thanks!

A Grand Square consists of four planets, two sets opposite one another and then all four 90 degrees from each other within a set orb. Technically, you don't have a grand square because Venus is more than 15 degrees from a square to Mars. The orb is super wide. Saturn is 15 degrees short of a square to Venus - super-wide orb again. This is why it is not shown on the chart. Most astrologers wouldn't see it as a Grand Square. But, honestly, it doesn't matter how you see it as a "picture". You still have squares and oppositions and conjunctions in your chart. Aspects are the least important parts of the way I interpret a chart anyway. I interpret them only after planets in signs and houses - and there can be plenty of tension in interpreting elements and modes that conflict. One can always see tensions in every chart.

Not to diminish any tensions or difficulties you have in your life - I'd say that it is a definition of being human. Our challenges may be different, but we all have them.

Your South Node past life is in Gemini, 6th house - so in your past life, you were someone who was of service to others. You may have developed some great skills, but you were not in a position to truly develop yourself in other ways that you wanted to. Your self-identity is at the heart of the matter. It's possible that if you were say in a "servant class" that you could not or did not have the means or station to be who you really were - and now, you still have that feeling, even though circumstances have changed.

Your chart is all about revising how you think about your identity - who you are. You have Sun, Moon and Mercury in Cancer - 6th-7th houses. Cancer is a very sensitive sign - capable of great compassion and understanding. However, it also feels other people's energies very keenly, so can be overwhelmed and feel a need for protection. With a Capricorn rising, you can be a hard worker and take on a lot of responsibility, and ignore all the Cancer sensitivity. If you do that - this can be very stressful on the body.

You need relationships - to be relating and working with people - as part of the way you learn about yourself. People reflect you back to yourself.

Capricorn can be a workaholic - keeping busy busy busy - and is also a servant kind of sign - will be helpful, responsible and dutiful. Your chart ruler, Saturn, is in Pisces though - where we go within. 2nd house - is self-value - and Pisces could represent value in the spiritual-creative side of human nature. Your Saturn is very close to the third cusp. Actually - if you birth time is a little off - it could be seen in the 3rd. If it really is in the second - that Pisces needs to express through Aquarius on the second house cusp - so - blending energies is required when a planet is in a sign not on the house cusp.

Mars is in the same position - it's in Leo with Cancer on its house cusp.

Anyway, I see you've used an equal house system - the least used system among astrologers. I use Placidus. It no doubt is going to put your planets in other houses. I don't have your birth data to pull up a Placidus chart to compare - so, I kinda don't want to read too much without reference to a Placidus chart.

If you post a Placidus chart, or give your birth data, I'd be happy to make other comments.

santama

Oh thank you very much Harmelia for your interpretation! I just saw your reply now..

At some point, I was very convinced that the equal house system fits me better, but now I am again not sure about it. So, here I am posting my Placidus chart for you and anyone else who would be interested. The house placements have changed a bit now...

Attachments

• natalchart_Placidus.jpg
    natalchart_Placidus.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 36

Harmelia

Hi,

Thanks!

Thanks for the Placidus Chart. I do know the feeling of not living to "my full potential". I bet a lot of people have felt that way - and I can say that I have too. The earth signs - Capricorn, Virgo and Taurus - are workaholics of the zodiac. They want to accomplish a lot. You have a Capricorn rising with Neptune and Uranus in the 1st, Taurus IC with Venus in 4th, and Mars almost in Virgo - you'll feel the Virgo at 29 degrees Leo. There is the urge to work and accomplish. But then, you have your chart ruler, Saturn - in the 2nd house - Taurus's natural house - the house of money but also the house of self-concept and self-value. And Saturn is in Pisces . . .

Pisces is not of this world. It's closer to our spiritual self - where creativity flows from. That's why Pisces is such a creative sign. It is very flexible too - it can play a lot of roles, like an actor. Capricorn just likes to roll up its sleeves and get to work. Pisces is less enthused about that. It'd rather play, escape, meditate, write in a journal, do something creative, reflect.

Since in your past life, you played a role that didn't suit you - or robbed you of developing yourself in different ways, I bet now, the real goal is not to go head-long into accomplishing something, but more to look inward to try on some new roles - like trying on a new clothing style or acting a kind of role you've not played before.

You have Sun, Moon and Mercury all in Cancer - a very VERY sensitive sign. I bet you feel other people's feelings very keenly. They are in the 7th house of relationships. You want to nurture others - but - I have to wonder if you might like acting as a career. I say this because actors do have this level of sensitivity. That aside, your Sun is square Jupiter in Libra - there's much pressure for you to expand yourself and to be in relationship with others - to expand expand expand - yourself - evolve the way you see yourself and the value you have. THIS is the main goal of your life. It's more of an exploratory life - to change the way you view yourself. You need to understand that accomplishments are not all concrete ones - but internal ones. Capricorn is actually about knowing yourself from deep within. It's not only a work sign but a very internally reflective sign.

I think you will always want to work at something, but I suggest to you that it be something in which you can truly grow - something that has creativity in it - something that utilizes your deep sensitivities. I see you working with people in some way.

Does any of this resonate?

santama

Hello Harmellia,

thank you so much for your in-depth analysis... I appreciate it very much!
And yes, it does resonate a lot with me!

If there was ever a career that I naturally was drawn to, it was acting. it just comes naturally to me. It is just me, feeling what other people feel, expressing it, trying out different roles. I often feel like I am many. Like I have not one personality. I can be whoever you want me to be.
I have even started a thread on this forum in the past, asking if acting would be a suitable career for me. (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91991)

I didn't pursue it because I was insecure and my surrounding wasn't that much supporting a creative career. So I've decided to do something that is kind of close to act and play, emotions, but more solid. Namely, Psychology, working with kids. Here I can live out my need to care, especially for children, and to be playful. But often I feel like I am too sensitive for this kind of job in the long haul. I am emotionally not very stable myself, so I am not sure if I can be a solid rock for others...I mean, I am water, full of water... my moods swing with the ebbs and tides constantly. I can't grasp myself... I honestly can't see myself doing an ordinary job all my life... being a psychologist, I feel like playing a role again.

The wish for acting/drama still, in my almost 28th year of life, doesn't give me peace. I regret it a lot that I didn't try to apply to Drama schools a few years ago. Now I think it might be too late and too complicated...
I know that I am most alive and happy when I am on stage, performing, moving other people, expressing emotions through mimic and words...

Anyway, thank you so much! Your insight reminded me again to think about what my truest wishes are...

Harmelia

Hello Harmellia,

thank you so much for your in-depth analysis... I appreciate it very much!
And yes, it does resonate a lot with me!

If there was ever a career that I naturally was drawn to, it was acting. it just comes naturally to me. It is just me, feeling what other people feel, expressing it, trying out different roles. I often feel like I am many. Like I have not one personality. I can be whoever you want me to be.
I have even started a thread on this forum in the past, asking if acting would be a suitable career for me. (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91991)

I didn't pursue it because I was insecure and my surrounding wasn't that much supporting a creative career. So I've decided to do something that is kind of close to act and play, emotions, but more solid. Namely, Psychology, working with kids. Here I can live out my need to care, especially for children, and to be playful. But often I feel like I am too sensitive for this kind of job in the long haul. I am emotionally not very stable myself, so I am not sure if I can be a solid rock for others...I mean, I am water, full of water... my moods swing with the ebbs and tides constantly. I can't grasp myself... I honestly can't see myself doing an ordinary job all my life... being a psychologist, I feel like playing a role again.

The wish for acting/drama still, in my almost 28th year of life, doesn't give me peace. I regret it a lot that I didn't try to apply to Drama schools a few years ago. Now I think it might be too late and too complicated...
I know that I am most alive and happy when I am on stage, performing, moving other people, expressing emotions through mimic and words...

Anyway, thank you so much! Your insight reminded me again to think about what my truest wishes are...

I just did an astrological study on actors - and you have all the hallmarks of an actor - compared with great award-winning actors in my study - which is why I mentioned it. So YES - go for it. It's never too late. Really - it's never too late to do what is meant for you to do - and - honestly, it would be perfect. I think you will have success as an actor. You will not be happy if you don't try, and I think you know that. So go for it! All the best!

Zora

Account Closed
would you say that I have Grand Cross in my Chart although Venus is not directly connected to Saturn and Mars? Or would you intepret it as what it is by the drawn chart, a T-Square? Would be interesting to know.

Sometimes life seems like such a long and exhausting road to me.. I want to make the best out of it though!

Hallo santama,

as already lwritten by other astrologers here- I don't see a Grand Cross and t-square neither - as in astrology valid orbs are important.

All energies shown in your chart - you live with from birth and child on - you are in principle used to them and familiar with them - as knowing these energies like close family members.

From my experience- the periods of time being experienced as most tensioned - mostly are the times - when the well known energy flow is interrupted by a transit planet - activating one of your natal planet degree exact for a certain time and to strenghen more one part of a planet being in a challenging aspect in your natal.

And involved natal planets in fix signs - knowing for not easy change and let go - react more irritated in the beginning and make you feel more tension and exhaustion.

Like it actually is happening with your natal saturn in 2nd house on special sensitive degree of 0°pisces opposing your natal mars in leo in 8th house on 29°leo.

Mars in fix sign leo is a persisting intense energy and also stubborn - all fix signs are in their individual sensitivities -and in 8th house - with mars/pluto correspondence energy - even more intense - subconsciously directed and only changing -if you feel the necessity deeply in yourself - down to your deepest roots

Your natal saturn in pisces - a mutuable sign - is in general of more ease to let go - but your natal saturn on 0°pisces in 2nd house - sits like between 2 signs - fix sign aquarius and mutuable sign pisces - like sitting between 2 world the visible and the invisible - between 2 rooms - between 2 opportunities - kinda indecisive - scared to choose between 2 opportunities - and to make the wrong choice.

This hesitating can cause a lot of tension - like being tared forth and backwards..

Same valid for your sun on special degree of 0° cancer between gemini and cancer -in 6th house - sun ruling your 8th house. Working zero-degree exact hand in hand with your saturn in 2nd house by trine - mainly active to look after your self-protection and to save your physical existence.

Now your natal saturn is conjuncted in a special way by transit jupiter having entered 0°pisces - transit lasting forth and backwards until Jan. next year. Giving your natal saturn more weight and importance now and interrupting for a while your natal well-known 0°saturn trine 0°sun flow - adding jupiter energy and tr-jupiter's purpose on for a change - functioning like a mediator for a necessary change in your life and life-themes.

Same time your natal mars is challenging opposed by transit jupiter until end of this year.

Mars as ruler of 3rd house - mental mind, thoughts in 8th house is able to store thoughts and memory of (bad) past experience very long - remembering all tiny details. And is a sensitive instinctively working pre-warning antenna - intuitively aware and sensitive reacting on and in situations -felt as pers. dangerous - as 8th house is death and near to death experience in own life - also figuratively with ending something - like a relationship a contract a.s.o. - Fearing to get existencially destroyed, to lose all and to be left alone. Mostly focussed on to avoid a repetition to happen in own life again.

What makes a change during transit times some more difficult and experienced then as (more) stress and as tensioned and exhausting.

Last edited: