Yo.

AquarianRising

Hey-oh, folks. I've been putting together an astrological matchmaking service. Figured I'd go ahead and join a community to seek input and instruction for when the need arises. Time will tell if my efforts bear fruit, but it never hurts to have advisors, am I right?

JUPITERASC

Hey-oh, folks. I've been putting together an astrological matchmaking service.
Figured I'd go ahead and join a community to seek input and instruction
for when the need arises.
Time will tell if my efforts bear fruit, but it never hurts to have advisors, am I right?
Yo welcome AquarianRising:smile:

good link for the basics is http://www.skyscript.co.uk/

Our GENERAL NATAL ASTROLOGY board
is for BOTH Modern AND Traditional discussion
as well as for BOTH Sidereal AND Tropical discussion
and is at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...isplay.php?f=7

we have a TRADITIONAL ASTROLOGY ONLY board
at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=92

as well as a
MODERNIST ASTROLOGY ONLY board
discussion is at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=95

if needed, these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=12126
Extended Chart Selecton Page at astro.com has options
to choose
from amongst the fourteen currently most popular house systems in use

other boards include:

VEDIC ASTROLOGY only board
discussion is at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=87

HORARY ASTROLOGY only
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=42

CHAT board
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...splay.php?f=13

keep in mind that ours is an astrological learning forum
where members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid
therefore
responses to threads
are often from members who are beginners with little or no experience
keen to learn by practice
we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
also
members have day jobs
and those of our members who are professionals
do not provide a complete professional reading for free

members who wish to do so are encouraged to discuss interpreting their own charts
to learn by practice

Hey-oh, folks. I've been putting together an astrological matchmaking service. Figured I'd go ahead and join a community to seek input and instruction for when the need arises. Time will tell if my efforts bear fruit, but it never hurts to have advisors, am I right?

That is awesome, I have been wanting to do this for years! I feel that matchmaking by Sun sign alone is not helpful. You need to have the entire chart of the individuals in order to see what type of person they would be compatible with. I would create a database of all the people that are interested in astrological matchmaking and then compare the synastry of potential matches for each. The most important synastry aspects between two people are Venus and Mars, along with the Sun, Moon, and Mercury. In a heterosexual woman's chart, Mars describes the type of man that she is attracted to. You must consider the sign, placement, and aspects to her Mars, as well as any planets in her 7th, and the ruler of her 7th. In a heterosexual man's chart, Venus describes the type of woman he is attracted to. You would follow the same considerations for his Venus as you would with a woman's Mars, as well as his 7th house aspects. There is more to it, but those are the basics.

AquarianRising

I'm glad to see some enthusiasm for the concept. It seemed like a fairly exciting idea (even necessary in some respects) but it's diffecult to get a sense for what others will think about it until you put the thought out there. Anyway, yes, I'm familiar with the fundamentals of astrology, and specifically synastry as well. My method actually uses Mars and Venus as the guiding principles, albeit not exzctly in the fashion you've suggested. After referencing those two planets' positions, I check them against a series of ephemerides for compatible placements of Mars and Venus for a 'dummy chart' and then run any dummy charts collected in that way through a compatibility calculator, eventually settling with one or two options of the greatest compatibility index. I may have over-explained, but it's not too terribly diffecult.

AquarianRising

Ah. It seems my natal chart post didn't go through. For those curious, my natal chart is as follows:

file.php

Natal Chart (In case the above image doesn't show as intended.)

I'm glad to see some enthusiasm for the concept. It seemed like a fairly exciting idea (even necessary in some respects) but it's diffecult to get a sense for what others will think about it until you put the thought out there. Anyway, yes, I'm familiar with the fundamentals of astrology, and specifically synastry as well. My method actually uses Mars and Venus as the guiding principles, albeit not exzctly in the fashion you've suggested. After referencing those two planets' positions, I check them against a series of ephemerides for compatible placements of Mars and Venus for a 'dummy chart' and then run any dummy charts collected in that way through a compatibility calculator, eventually settling with one or two options of the greatest compatibility index. I may have over-explained, but it's not too terribly diffecult.

It's a great idea, I'm just not sure how thrilled people would be to have to track down their potential matches. If only you could find a traditional dating site that would offer an option like this and then they could narrow down potential matches from their members.

AquarianRising

It's a great idea, I'm just not sure how thrilled people would be to have to track down their potential matches. If only you could find a traditional dating site that would offer an option like this and then they could narrow down potential matches from their members.

The key is community. Social networking is a powerful tool in these sort of circumstances. The added benefit is word of mouth advertisement. The more people are asked to assist in the search for viable matches, the more people know about the site and potentially become invested in their own searches themselves. Like perpetual clockwork momentum.

CapAquaPis

Hey hi hello there, Aquarian rising, a fellow Californian as well: I'm from the Palm springs area and is an Aquarian (sun/moon-Feb 15, 1980). Nice to meet you and I checked out your namesake site on your plug thread. You're a Leo in sidereal, but Virgo in tropical...my birthdate is under the same sign in sidereal.

AquarianRising

Hey hi hello there, Aquarian rising, a fellow Californian as well: I'm from the Palm springs area and is an Aquarian (sun/moon-Feb 15, 1980). Nice to meet you and I checked out your namesake site on your plug thread. You're a Leo in sidereal, but Virgo in tropical...my birthdate is under the same sign in sidereal.

Nice meeting you, too. Yeah, knowing myself and others whose charts and personalities I'm familiar with, I've come to place far more trust in sidereal astrology. In tropical, I've got about 4 or 5 planets in Virgo, but there's really not much about me that's particularly reserved. (I grew up socially awkward but grew out of it by my mid-twenties.) I have periods of quiet but put me in a room with some friends and I tend to roll the jokes out like an assembly line. I have a hard time seeing myself as a Virgo.

Anywho, I'm from the mountain area, myself. Grew up here. Never thought I'd leave, but when I did, it was like being a fish out of water. So I'm Home, now. Took me about fifteen years, but I'm Home.

wan

Well, I don't know you so I can't say for sure what you are like. However, Virgos are known for their razer-sharp minds and quick wit. So maybe this could explain why you tell such funny jokes.

AquarianRising

Well, I don't know you so I can't say for sure what you are like. However, Virgos are known for their razer-sharp minds and quick wit. So maybe this could explain why you tell such funny jokes.

All valid points, yes, but Virgos also prefer their own company to that of others. Other factors in my chart may very well modify the Virgoan predilection for privacy, but the Virgo archetype also suggests a strong need for tidiness. I've read that the tidiness can manifest in a more mental rather than environmental fashion, but the fact is that I'm anything but tidy. Like I said, Leo suits me in ways Virgo doesn't. (Either way, I've got my Moon in Virgo and the fourth house, so I've still got the Virgoan emotional reservation goin' on. It helps in heated situations. I put my foot down when I have to, however. Sometimes pretty hard, when circumstances call for it. It's always a calculated emotional response, however.)