Neptune conjunct Sun: can you share your experience?

Oceanis

Hello everyone!:happy:

They say that transiting Neptune conjunct natal Sun can confuse you, deprive you of energy, make you or your partner sick, give you cloudy judgment, and make you prone to deceit.
They also say that Neptune can make you selfless, kind, psychic, but also impractical, romantic in a tough, material world.

My natal chart has a Grand Trine between Sun, Mercury, Neptune and MIDHEAVEN, and Neptune will soon approach Sun and Mercury. I write books, and truly hope he will bring inspiration, and not deceipt.

How did you experience Neptune's conjunct Sun?
Any thoughts on a grand trine transiting aspect?

Last edited:

Lin

Just want to say that not everyone experiences this in their lifetime. But most people will experience the Neptune opposition the Sun which is similar.
LIN

JUPITERASC

Hello everyone!:happy:

They say that transiting Neptune conjunct natal Sun
can confuse you, deprive you of energy, make you or your partner sick,
give you cloudy judgment, and make you prone to deceit.
They also say that Neptune can make you selfless, kind, psychic
but also impractical, romantic in a tough, material world.

My natal chart has a Grand Trine
between Sun, Mercury, Neptune and MIDHEAVEN
and
Neptune will soon approach Sun
and
Mercury
Transiting Neptune shall conjunct your natal Sun in JUNE 2026
i.e.
nine years time

and transiting Neptune shall conjunct your natal Mercury in MAY 2027
i.e.
ten years time

so it'll be awhile yet :smile:
I write books, and truly hope he will bring inspiration, and not deceipt.

How did you experience Neptune's conjunct Sun?
Any thoughts on a grand trine transiting aspect?

Lin highlights:

Just want to say that not everyone experiences this in their lifetime.
But most people will experience the Neptune opposition the Sun
which is similar.
LIN
However Oceanis, unless you are remarkably long-lived
you are unlikely to experience Neptune opposition Sun
during your lifetime
because one Neptune orbit of the Sun takes one hundred and sixty-five years
so it is not until the next century after this one
that Neptune next transits Libra
opposing your natal Sun
in 2108 as you approach the theoretical age of 140 :smile:

ashriia

I was just going to create a thread on this very topic, and saw this post.

Something VERY important here, is your Suns Ruler will be/is conjuncting your sun, essentially coming home. There is a world of difference between someone not accustomed to neptune energies having it conjunct their sun vs. a pisces native.

For pisces suns this is a once in a lifetime transit, that you were meant to experience in this life. I'm sure it will usher significant changes, because its a very important fated transit for you. I think it can be positive or negative depending on how natal neptune is aspected. But for creativity it should bode extremely well, and involved in a grand trine should be a rather pleasant experience is my guess!

sibylline

Finally past this.

It started off pretty uneventfully but quickly turned into one of the worst transits ever (although Saturn transits at the same time undoubtedly added to the misery). I didn't experience any spiritual awakenings, boosts in creativity or the like, but I did experience much deceit and dissolution that I'm still trying to deal with.

ashriia

Do you have neptune/moon aspects?

Finally past this.

It started off pretty uneventfully but quickly turned into one of the worst transits ever (although Saturn transits at the same time undoubtedly added to the misery). I didn't experience any spiritual awakenings, boosts in creativity or the like, but I did experience much deceit and dissolution that I'm still trying to deal with.

Msariel

As a Pisces native I have to say this is one of the worst aspects I've ever had to deal with, and God knows I've had my share in the past. There's a square from Saturn to my Moon which isn't exactly helping the matter, but this conjunction is simply horrific. And I can't wait for it to be over, hopefully with as little damage as possible. Whoever's going through it - good luck and hold on

Lin

The way Neptune influences your life when conjuncting the Sun by transit has a lot to do with the aspects your SUN makes natally. IF your Sun makes positive, supportive aspects in the natal, the conjunction by transit Neptune will be modified by being part of that pattern.
But whatever aspects the SUN makes a lot of what happens during this time will have to do with how realistic, truthful and honest one is with ones self and others in general.

Neptune brings a lot of energy wherever it lands. It can be creative, spiritual and artistic....making the native want to be more in tune with the unknown. In that area this can become a bit dangerous. But not necessarily. Supportive or undermining, realistic or deceptive....a lot has to do with your consciousness of what you are doing at any given time.
LIN

Hiranmay

this conjunction is simply horrific.

My sun is also in pisces and I must agree with this comment.

It has been terrible. I have very strong dreams about my mother. It has been going on since she died about three years ago. I can wake up in the night of my voice, because I am calling my mother so loudly.

Very close to the exact conjunction I had very strong escapist behavior. It was so serious that my closest friends from childhood called the police because they thought I was suicidal. (never happened before, I am usually a cheerful guy) I turned off my phone and went hiking alone in the mountain for weeks. I didnt feel suicidal, but it was an insane need to be away from all and everything. I must admit that I fell into a deep depression after my mother died. The greif was very hard to handle. To cheer up myself I have made long journeys these last three years. It has helped me. Also I have realised how much my close friends care for me

If all these experiences comes from the conjunction I cannot say. But this thread (and Msariel's comment) makes me think so.

Flapjacks

Within the next few years, my fiancé will have this transit. Beginning next year, Neptune will conjunct his Mercury, then Venus, then Sun (they are spread over 9 degrees in Pisces). At the same time it will oppose his Moon (all those planets opposed Moon natally). Jupiter will join Neptune during the transit over Venus. Saturn won't be figuring prominently during this period, making no major aspects. It recently traced its path over his Ascendant, though, is currently conjunct NN, and before the Neptune transit it will pass over his Mars (Pluto is currently conjunct his Mars, and will be there through the Neptune transit).

Thanks for the replies that described some of their experiences. Seems like a lot might be in store for him.

Hiranmay

I want to add from my previous post that it might also have helped me. All this dreams about my mother have been a form of catharsis for me. Also I want to add that I felt misunderstood and that I misunderstood things said and happening around me in that period. I think having good friends around me has been vital for me, and that the impact in some ways may have been softened by this. Without these longstanding friends I wouldn't have been able to trust anyone I think. I felt very disillusioned. But the strong response from my environment kept me away from doing irrational and impulsive things which I would have regretted deeply afterwards. However I do regret some of the words that were traded between me and my friends.
On a sidenote about the effects of transits, I had mars transiting my descendant recently, and as described I met an aggressive and hostile man the day when the transit was exact. As a sceptic, and always a doubter, it gave me faith in the validity of astrological transits.

Oceanis

I want to add from my previous post that it might also have helped me. All this dreams about my mother have been a form of catharsis for me. Also I want to add that I felt misunderstood and that I misunderstood things said and happening around me in that period. I think having good friends around me has been vital for me, and that the impact in some ways may have been softened by this. Without these longstanding friends I wouldn't have been able to trust anyone I think. I felt very disillusioned. But the strong response from my environment kept me away from doing irrational and impulsive things which I would have regretted deeply afterwards. However I do regret some of the words that were traded between me and my friends.
On a sidenote about the effects of transits, I had mars transiting my descendant recently, and as described I met an aggressive and hostile man the day when the transit was exact. As a sceptic, and always a doubter, it gave me faith in the validity of astrological transits.

Hiranmay, thabks for your swespme reply. I recently lost my mother, and understand what you ve been through.
By the way, she got really bad emotionally last July-August,with Mars squaring her and my planets, and January's eclipse brought the end.
What planets did you have when your Mom passed?