Two different results from two difference astrologers???

toots

D.O.B:april/29/1983
Time: 12:48:25 pm
place: montreal, Quebec

I am so frustrated. I had two chart readings by two different Vedic astrologers and I seem to be two different people. One is calculated with the standard Lahiri system and the other done with Jaimini. Which one is more accurate? With each reading, my ascendent, moon, sun all change. I find that I can look at both readings and spin my life story to fit either except there are more events/characteristics that fit the Lahiri calculations. But then I can't discount the Jaimini because I do see some similarities there too. What should I do? My upcoming decisions will be based on some guidance from these consults because my life has been stagnant for over 5 years now. Each separate guidance is vastly different. This void makes it difficult to make a sound decision.

Last edited:

mathur_dinesh

According to me your ascendant is Cancer; the Moon is debilitated in the fifth house; and the Sun is exalted in the tenth.
Venus major-period is operating till May/2030.
Ayanamsa Lahiri.

toots

According to me your ascendant is Cancer; the Moon is debilitated in the fifth house; and the Sun is exalted in the tenth.
Venus major-period is operating till May/2030.
Ayanamsa Lahiri.

I realized he used the tropical house system with nakshatras. But which chart is accurate? How to tell if the Ayanmasa Lahiri is superior over his calculations? His calculations make me a Leo ascendant/Sagittarius moon and this is a huge departure from Cancer ascendent/scorpio moon. This would mean that the horrific 2nd phase of Sade sati I started in 2014 due to health, wasn't even my 2nd daiyaa if I am sagittarius moon, seeing that theirs starts in January 2017. I'm so confused and conflicted. With these two readings I feel like I can morph myself and become either or. I can be arrogant like a leo and always optimistic and than some days I'm super sensitive and cry at the drop of a hat and be afraid of the world and people in it (cancer/scorpio) The career choices also change with each reading. With Lahiri reading, real estate/business is prominent. With the tropical reading, art and writing is prominent..Please help me make a decision by giving me concrete fact why I should stick to one.

mathur_dinesh

The astrologer who gave you entirely different positions for the ascendant, Sun and Moon was not using any ayanamsa. He calculated the chart on tropical basis which is the western system.
I have used different ayanamsas to check. These three positions do not change with any ayanamsa.
Tropically calculated chart is not a vedic chart and it should not be analysed according to vedic principles.
There is a set of astrologers who are using an amalgam of vedic and western methods in chart interpretation. This way of chart making and interpretation is not generally acceptable.
Jaimini is a method of interpretation under Vedic system but it calculates the chart according to vedic principles. Any Jaimini chart would be exactly the same as a vedic chart.
Lahiri is widely accepted navamsha and I would recommend you to accept it as the correct chart.
The proof of pudding lies in eating. If the tropical sidereal astrologer has predicted correctly then go ahead and follow him.

toots

Jaimini plus quasi Tropical Ernst Wilhelm comes to my mind ....did you consult him?

No I did not but it may have been a student? The reasoning behind this is something I still have to grasp. Something to do with the Indian government aligning the Lahiri system to a holiday on their calender but somehow over the years the holiday now does not coincide with that astrological period. My intuition tells me that maybe this can give some accurate predictions when it comes to dates of events but as to certain aspects of ones life, such as careers one should follow, I'm not entirely convinced since the zodiac has shifted. A couple of planets have shifted for me while others remain in the same houses.

Saturn90

Well without any prejudice I find vedic astrology scarily correct ....but see which one predicts more correctly your past and your personality ...and you decide yourself...
If you want post your date and time of birth and location and let me see what is in your chart....then you can see where you need to go. It can't be full fledged reading just few main points.

toots

Well without any prejudice I find vedic astrology scarily correct ....but see which one predicts more correctly your past and your personality ...and you decide yourself...
If you want post your date and time of birth and location and let me see what is in your chart....then you can see where you need to go. It can't be full fledged reading just few main points.

You are so kind, I really appreciate it. I appreciate all the help given on this forum.

female
D.O.B:april/29/1983
Time: 12:48:25 pm (<--this is my rectified time. Original was 1:00 pm)
place: montreal, Quebec