transits to progressed planets

racole12

I'm pretty open minded... but I will always go back and check out major situations in my life to see what's going on... (especially pertaining to the whole transit to progressed planets). I use to think it was bogus until my grandma died and there wasn't much explaining what I was feeling... until I looked at the transit to progressed stuff... (I took care of her for 2 years while she was terminally ill and the whole process was emotionally draining and traumatic)

So, transit to natal I had:
Tr Pluto trine IC +0.26-- too soft (Tr Pluto in 7th)
Tr Uranus squ ASC +1.38 (Tr Uranus in 10th)
Tr Nept trine ASC -0.26-- too soft (Tr Nept in 9th)
Tr Saturn trine ASC -1.38-- too soft (Tr Sat in 5th)

Progressions I had:
  • Progressed Moon at 29 Cancer
(which made since with the time frame and caring for her and the 29th degree being the end of that care.. but it was only inconj my Mars...
  • Prog Merc (ruler of ASC and IC) trine IC +0.46
(maybe too soft)
  • Prog Venus squ MC and conj Merc
(but I didn't consider this one part of it since I started my photography degree the month later when my prog Moon went into Leo).

Progressed/Transits to Progressed:
  • Prog Moon conj Prog ASC @ 26.52 Cancer
(this was the beginning of the end)
  • Tr Saturn squ Prog ASC +0.52
(this is exactly what I would expect to see with a death of a family member since my Saturn rules my 8th and is located in the 4th).
  • Tr Pluto conj Pr Merc -0.20
(another one that I wasn't shocked to see since Merc rules my ASC and IC)
  • Tr Saturn squ Prog Moon +2.00
(normally I wouldn't even consider this since it's 2 degrees but it's the Prog Moon and every shitty thing that had happened in my life my prog Moon has been in square aspect to my Saturn or Tr Saturn in square aspect to my moon... so I can't just ignore that).

So, from my point of view... Transits to progressions make the picture clearer... If that was the only thing going on in my chart I don't know if I could follow it but it DID add another level to what is going on with me... (definitely keep it at a extremely small orb)

Plus, there is no way I can discount the Tr Saturn squ Pr ASC and Tr Pluto conj Pr Merc (ruler of my ASC/IC)... since they completely spell out what is going on. I wouldn't of expected Tr Uranus squ ASC since it wasn't a shock... but more of my life just completely changing (but that could also be shown more by Tr Pluto conj Pr Merc).

Like right now... I'm getting ready to have brain surgery (Tr Saturn in my 6th)... Pr Moon is about to go into the 5th a couple months down the road (hopefully showing how much better I'll be feeling afterward), but nothing really showing this but Tr Uranus sextile my ASC and trine my Mars. But, when I look at Tr- Pr... I have Tr Uranus squ Pr Sun and Pr Mars (in the 8th house) and squ Pr ASC... and THAT's exactly how I feel and that's exactly what I would be expecting to see in a situation in this. Only other major Tr to natal is Tr Pluto conj my 8th house cusp squ natal Pluto... :w00t:

God, I'm freaked out...

dr. farr

I use transits to progressed planets, but actually, in practice, have not paid all that much attention to them in making prognostications: transit conjunctions, yes, definitely, but the aspects, not very much. Regular transits of radical positions, yes, but here again I tend to look mostly at transit conjunctions with radical positions.

But as to the fundamental question of the validity of transits to progressed planets (and to other progressed chart elements as well, such as to the ascending degree, etc), yes I believe that they are valid and tend to give accurate prognostic indications.

david starling

I use transits to progressed planets, but actually, in practice, have not paid all that much attention to them in making prognostications: transit conjunctions, yes, definitely, but the aspects, not very much. Regular transits of radical positions, yes, but here again I tend to look mostly at transit conjunctions with radical positions.

But as to the fundamental question of the validity of transits to progressed planets (and to other progressed chart elements as well, such as to the ascending degree, etc), yes I believe that they are valid and tend to give accurate prognostic indications.

Not quite on Thread, and may have been discussed elsewhere, but should Declination be taken into account for Transits in general? For example, would a Saturn Return with extremely wide Declination compared to Natal Saturn have less effect than an extremely close Declination to Natal Saturn? If so, this could explain why some Saturn returns have more impact than others.

dr. farr

Not quite on Thread, and may have been discussed elsewhere, but should Declination be taken into account for Transits in general? For example, would a Saturn Return with extremely wide Declination compared to Natal Saturn have less effect than an extremely close Declination to Natal Saturn? If so, this could explain why some Saturn returns have more impact than others.

According to the older Modernist authors, the answer is yes. From my perspective, also-yes. In my opinion ANY delineative attempt which excludes consideration of parallels, tends to be flawed.

Quantumleap11

IMO I would ask why 'should' you be worrying? What sources do you have for any worrying ideas relating to this aspect? In any event, IMO the outer planets are generational rather than personal - as discussed on this thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39021
of course there are differences of opinion on this subject - and not unusual to find disagreement amongst astrologers! :smile:
Hi,i've just had progressed moon conjunct natal Pluto and then conjunct progressed Pluto at the same time Transiting Pluto Squared my Ascendant and Progressed Sun,and is still in effect,sure you can have your opinion about the outer planets being generatioal,but when they aspect personal planets,especialy,Moon and Sun and Ascendent it's going to get very personal unless you are'nt in touch with your feelings.But these sort of transits and progressions are going to put you in touch with them directly,it's going to come down to how sensative you are,it's going to take you very deep to the core of your being and you will be born again after you realise who you really are,how much truth can you handle?How honest can you be with yourself?How authentic is the quality of your love?These are just some of the things you might experience if you're lucky.And most importantly be very patient because it takes a lot of time to come to terms with the depth of our feelings,tears and more tears when you see how fragile we are.So treat everything and everyone with kindness and respect and you'll make it back to happiness again.

JUPITERASC

Hi,i've just had progressed moon conjunct natal Pluto and then conjunct progressed Pluto at the same time Transiting Pluto Squared my Ascendant and Progressed Sun,and is still in effect,sure you can have your opinion about the outer planets being generatioal,but when they aspect personal planets,especialy,Moon and Sun and Ascendent it's going to get very personal unless you are'nt in touch with your feelings.But these sort of transits and progressions are going to put you in touch with them directly,it's going to come down to how sensative you are,it's going to take you very deep to the core of your being and you will be born again after you realise who you really are,how much truth can you handle?How honest can you be with yourself?How authentic is the quality of your love?These are just some of the things you might experience if you're lucky.And most importantly be very patient because it takes a lot of time to come to terms with the depth of our feelings,tears and more tears when you see how fragile we are.So treat everything and everyone with kindness and respect and you'll make it back to happiness again.
Astrologers frequently disagree - not unusual :)