The Day We Met

MamaMinnee

After careful consideration, I am completely convinced that, the day two people meet face-to-face determines the basic nature of the relationship. I enjoy Davison, synastry and composites; but in actual practice, I have found them to be only advantageous when suggesting hobbies or activities for couples to do together once they have already met.

For example, if the major aspect the day two people meet is Sun conjunct Venus, their interaction will likely produce a harmonious tie, even if there are challenging aspects in Davison, synastry or composites. These challenging aspects will play out; but the main flavor of the relationship will remain consistent with the aspects that were taking place at the initial meeting.

Thoughts?

aquarius7000

Hi Minnee,

As usual, very thought-provoking subject matter from your side.:)

After careful consideration, I am completely convinced that, the day two people meet face-to-face determines the basic nature of the relationship. I enjoy Davison, synastry and composites; but in actual practice, I have found them to be only advantageous when suggesting hobbies or activities for couples to do together once they have already met.

For example, if the major aspect the day two people meet is Sun conjunct Venus, their interaction will likely produce a harmonious tie, even if there are challenging aspects in Davison, synastry or composites. These challenging aspects will play out; but the main flavor of the relationship will remain consistent with the aspects that were taking place at the initial meeting.

The so-called 'event' chart (chart of their meeting) would show the 'quality' of the meeting and the (astrological) atmosphere/settings in general, and common to everyone meeting on that day. So, let us say that 2 sets of couples (A & B) meet on a lovely "Sun conjunct Venus" day. For sure, this time-quality will be shared by both the couples, and one that will be of some help on that day in making their interaction "produce a harmonious tie". However, to what extent and degree each couple will really be able to use this time-quality or respond to it, even further broken down, how each individual in that couple will be able to do so, will depend on a) each individual's own 'natal' placements (how they are astrologically structured). For instance, if both individuals of couple A have a natal Sun-Ven conj, then they are more familiar to this (current) planetary config on an individual basis, by nativity, as compared to couple B, whose individuals do not know the "flavour" of a Sun-Ven conj by nativity; b) how each individual's natal placements go along or 'synastrise' with the natal placements of the other (the 'compatibility' factor). For instance, if couple A has a Sun-Ven connection in their synastry, then the two are certainly more likely to 'interact' with eachother more "harmoniously" and feel more at ease with eachother in the 'current'/transitory Sun-Ven time quality (the added advantage); c) the potential, nature and focus of the relationship itself (composite). For instance, with a given Sun-Ven conjunction in the chart of the relationship (composite), the nature of the relationship itself is based on more pleasant grounds, in general (Sun-Ven is a 'constant' there), and not just on the 'event'ful day (needless to say that other factors in the chart need to be considered). The transits will then show the 'development' of the relationship with time (so just the 'event' chart will not determine the 'consistent flavour' of their relationship, but the given 'constant' Venusian 'fundament' in their composite will).

Therefore, what I am trying to say is that there is no 'one size fit all' placement even when different sets of couples meet on the same Sun-conjunct-Venus day. Despite the given harmonious time-quality affecting all, each of their 'meetings' will have its own 'individual' quality and will progress differently and distinctly. So, certainly, IMO natal charts and their synastries (compatibility factor) and composites show things like, what kind of a communicational quality/ rapport may be expected, how one person may respond in regard to different areas of life to the other; the quality of the fundament the relationship is based on and the potential of growth it brings with itself; the likelihood and quality of growth each individual may expect within a relationship itself, etc. Yes, I find synastries, even composite fairly telling of all these factors no matter what the "meeting" might say, as the "meeting" chart is just that - a "meeting" chart with transits of "the day we met". A bit paradoxical, but you might even call it the 'auspices' of the moment or of the start.

My two cents,
:)AQ7

starlink

Hello Mammaminnee, this is always a nice subject to think about.

the day two people meet face-to-face determines the basic nature of the relationship.

Personally I see an event chart as just that, showing what the situation at that specific moment was and as Aquarius7000 also mentioned, there could be I dont know how many other couples with the same event chart, but each individual is different.
Same goes for wedding charts. Many couples marry on the same day and time.

What I think "does the trick" when two people really click (oops, that rhymes:)) is how, at that specific moment, their own Venusses and Marses interact.
I agree with Aq7000 that when certain aspects in their charts harmonize with the event chart, so much the better of course, but I dont think that the event chart by itself will tell us about their basic relationship. It can tell us why they were attracted to one another when comparing their charts to one another, but also to that event chart. I have never done those event charts except for the wedding of my son.

What can be said of the event chart however, is how this relationship will develop when we look at the transits. And again, should there be a difficult Uranus transit going over the Sun or Asc. ruler of that event chart, then, depending on the natal charts of those two individuals, we can determine if they will be able to cope with this separative aspect or not. Should one of them have strong Aquarian traits, then maybe this transit over the event chart would not really be upsetting. But the other one could be more clinging and have trouble with the changes which are now felt.

So personally I would look at an event chart and its transits (also progressions) to see how this first meeting will develop. You can view the basic nature of a relationship also this way of course, but I dont see it as a constant or "this is how their relationship is" chart.

And these are my Sfrankli's:)

Starlink

MamaMinnee

Personally I see an event chart as just that, showing what the situation at that specific moment was and as Aquarius7000 also mentioned, there could be I dont know how many other couples with the same event chart, but each individual is different.

Same goes for wedding charts. Many couples marry on the same day and time.
Hey there, Starlink and thanks for your insight. I believe that the couples who marry on the same day and exact same time will have the same focus in their marriage, even though each individual bride and groom will have widely varying charts.

What I think "does the trick" when two people really click (oops, that rhymes:)) is how, at that specific moment, their own Venusses and Marses interact.
To me, that would be more indicative of their sexual or romantic nature; but people marry for myriad different reasons, not all romantic or sexual.

I agree with Aq7000 that when certain aspects in their charts harmonize with the event chart, so much the better of course, but I dont think that the event chart by itself will tell us about their basic relationship. It can tell us why they were attracted to one another when comparing their charts to one another, but also to that event chart. I have never done those event charts except for the wedding of my son...
I think that wherever the Sun is placed in the event chart will be the foundation of the relationship. For example, the synastry may indicate a heavy 3rd house emphasis; but the event chart emphasizes the 5th house. I would surmise the although the relationship would exhibit exceptional communication skills, the basic relationship will be about children or a creative project. In practice, this has proven to be the case.

What can be said of the event chart however, is how this relationship will develop when we look at the transits...
That is so true! That is one of the major factors that formed my current stance.

Thanks, too Aq7000--I always love your viewpoint!

starlink

I think that wherever the Sun is placed in the event chart will be the foundation of the relationship. For example, the synastry may indicate a heavy 3rd house emphasis; but the event chart emphasizes the 5th house. I would surmise the although the relationship would exhibit exceptional communication skills, the basic relationship will be about children or a creative project. In practice, this has proven to be the case.

Ah, yes, that sounds very believable to me. I will have a look at the synastry of my partner and myself and the event chart (when we met). It was a chart with a chockeblock 7th house!! but I never looked at the synastry between us as I rather look at separate charts. But will do so, just to see if I can find something to support that what you wrote here.:)

Starlink

melisa

Hi---Interesting info. Also, what I did was to look at the event chart (day we met) and compare it to the composite and synastry charts, to see what aspects the event chart makes with each. I thought that may be a way to see what is activated in the relationship based on the day we met

Bye
Melisa