Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 01-07-2020, 03:27 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Yeah, if those were your opinions as a moderator that would be grounds for getting court-martialed.

Unread 01-07-2020, 03:45 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Yeah, if those were your opinions as a moderator that would be grounds for getting court-martialed.
Assuming you mean me getting court martialed...
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 01-07-2020, 03:53 AM

Not much moderators around these parts... Tim ignores this thread unless someone nags him with reports.

I get the disclaimer though. I remember a poster on here really thought that chart readers on here were professionals (or at least getting paid for their services) since she was speaking about "good customers service" that posters ought to give to the folks who they read for. That's one person who skips JA's posts. (I don't blame her)

Sometimes you need to spell things out for people
Osamenor (01-07-2020), petosiris (01-07-2020)
Unread 01-07-2020, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Not much moderators around these parts... Tim ignores this thread unless someone nags him with reports.

I get the disclaimer though. I remember a poster on here really thought that chart readers on here were professionals (or at least getting paid for their services) since she was speaking about "good customers service" that posters ought to give to the folks who they read for. That's one person who skips JA's posts. (I don't blame her)

Sometimes you need to spell things out for people
on an amateur astrological learning forum such as ours
many are beginners
Unread 01-07-2020, 03:59 AM

We all respect and value JUPITERASC
david starling (01-07-2020), petosiris (01-07-2020)
Unread 01-07-2020, 04:15 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I get the disclaimer though.
That's also why I stay out of the really heated political threads. Someone's going to think I'm speaking for the forum instead of just myself, sooner or later. And there's the added responsibility of having to moderate if/when things get out of hand. If I'm a participant in the discussion that got out of hand, then it becomes conflict of interest.
Quote:
I remember a poster on here really thought that chart readers on here were professionals (or at least getting paid for their services) since she was speaking about "good customers service" that posters ought to give to the folks who they read for.
She was getting the customer service she paid for.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 01-07-2020, 08:12 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

J.A. is con-text!
This thread is pro-text, and protects text.
Unread 01-07-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I did NOT say that.

Trump is MUCH worse than any other president. He's a fascist. He's trying to be a dictator. He's thoroughly incompetent. And that's just the nice part.

In fact, I refuse to call him my president.

What I did say is that another president--a competent and fairly well regarded one--could have done essentially the same thing as what Trump did but dressed it up as a more rational act, and they would have gotten more buy in from the people. Trump isn't getting much buy in because he's so horrible. Plenty of people were already marching in the streets against him. It's no stretch to add his unauthorized act of war to his list of sins.

(And here I feel a need to add a disclaimer: although I am a moderator, I am speaking for myself here, not for the forum. AW is an apolitical site. My political opinions are from me as an individual, not me as a moderator.)
Ok ok lol but you did say it is worse to goad someone indirectly, which another president is likely to have done?

Im glad youre expressing your own opinion, Im not American so less likely to get offended but hey if I wanna report you will it be a fair trial?(joking!)
Unread 01-07-2020, 11:48 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Ok ok lol but you did say it is worse to goad someone indirectly, which another president is likely to have done?
No. What I said was that it's especially easy to raise people's sentiments against what Trump did because so many already dislike Trump. If a better liked president had done the same thing, it might be harder to get people to resist.

That's saying nothing about how likely a hypothetical other president would have been to do the same thing. Just that if they did, they'd be much better able to make it look justified and get Americans to agree with them. Trump isn't even trying to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
but hey if I wanna report you will it be a fair trial?(joking!)
I dunno. Tim calls this forum a limited dictatorship, you know.

Unread 01-08-2020, 01:34 PM

I think that Trump is an absolute idiot for what he's done in Iran. This has triggered mass rage and who knows what the consequences will be now? It's around saturn conjunct pluto, which will be exact on 12th January. I wonder what will happen on that day if anything??
Unread 01-08-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
I think that Trump is an absolute idiot for what he's done in Iran. This has triggered mass rage and who knows what the consequences will be now? It's around saturn conjunct pluto, which will be exact on 12th January. I wonder what will happen on that day if anything??
Idiot? Evil? Deep state?
Unread 01-08-2020, 03:50 PM

Didn't the US President have military and diplomatic advisers who advised him before bombing the general?
Unread 01-08-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Idiot? Evil? Deep state?
Nihilistic narcissist.
Unread 01-08-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Didn't the US President have military and diplomatic advisers who advised him before bombing the general?
Two possibles--1) When it comes to foreign policy decisions, ANY President has to follow the dictates of what Eisenhower labeled "The Military Industrial Complex". 2) This particular President is immune to advice from his analysts, and fires them if they don't agree with his decisions, no matter how obviously wrong-headed those decisions may be.
A Blitzkrieg-style, sneak-attack does fit him, but the M.I.C. would have had to approve it.
Unread 01-09-2020, 01:21 AM

How do Trump supporters distinguish the Deep State from the Military Industrial Complex? Depends on whos buying dinner?
Unread 01-09-2020, 10:17 AM

Does there exist an oneiromantic equivalent of Ptolemy, I know that plenty equivalents exist of cafeastrology?

Like Placidus needed only Ptolemy and reason for astrology, so do I need only X and Y for dreams? Non-psychoanalytic preferably, thanks.

Last edited by petosiris; 01-09-2020 at 10:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (01-09-2020)
Unread 01-09-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Does there exist an oneiromantic equivalent of Ptolemy, I know that plenty equivalents exist of cafeastrology?

Like Placidus needed only Ptolemy and reason for astrology, so do I need only X and Y for dreams? Non-psychoanalytic preferably, thanks.
Back to astrology eh?

It's hard for me to talk about dream without going into psychology actually. It depends on how you see dreams.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 01-09-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Back to astrology eh?

It's hard for me to talk about dream without going into psychology actually. It depends on how you see dreams.
Aren't dreams supposed to say something useful and particular, whether psychological or physical that doesn't necessarily have to do with suppressed incest undertones or generalities that apply to everyone?

Last edited by petosiris; 01-09-2020 at 12:49 PM.
JUPITERASC (01-09-2020)
Unread 01-09-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Aren't dreams supposed to say something useful and particular, whether psychological or physical that doesn't necessarily have to do with suppressed incest undertones or generalities that apply to everyone?
"Incest" and "generalities" aren't the first words that come to me when I think of psychology. At worst, it's just "deep desire" to me. Psychology sums up a bunch of patterns that most people have, but how those patterns manifest is totally up to the individual.

Are you talking about the 12H idea of the collective consciousness inside each of us?

Unread 01-09-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
"Incest" and "generalities" aren't the first words that come to me when I think of psychology. At worst, it's just "deep desire" to me. Psychology sums up a bunch of patterns that most people have, but how those patterns manifest is totally up to the individual.

Are you talking about the 12H idea of the collective consciousness inside each of us?
Do you read what I wrote? No (amateur) psychoanalysis, not psychology. I am very interested in psychology myself.
JUPITERASC (01-09-2020)
Unread 01-09-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Do you read what I wrote? No (amateur) psychoanalysis, not psychology. I am very interested in psychology myself.
I still have a lot to learn

Unread 01-09-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:

I still have a lot to learn
fortunately ours is a learning forum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (01-09-2020)
Unread 01-09-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:

Didn't the US President have military and diplomatic advisers
who advised him before bombing the general?
Trump stops neocon drive towards war with Iran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWtQofUvHiE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 01-09-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Modern-day, theoretical psychologists study rats to understand human behavioral patterns. Except, rats are less fearful, greedy, and predatory than humans.
Unread 01-09-2020, 01:39 PM

In the end which house should rule dreams, 9H or 12H?

I know CT told me the 9H rules dreams, but I haven't seen the reason why.