Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

Re: North Node Return

no one here is downgrading their importance, what we are discussing the value of Nodal Returns...

Unread 09-10-2011, 08:11 AM

This is so current for me, I'm having my North Node Return soon...(Sag 17 deg)...

I dont remember if anything significant happened at the age 18...I was studying yes, but it was normal situation...nothing surprising about that. But, when I had North Node conjucting my South Node (conjuct Venus 0 deg), it was really significant: I married, got first child, bought a house...and all that during month-or two...

But in that time Pluto was conjucting my North Node (oppositing my South Node+Venus)...maybe that's why this marriage is not so happy as I wish it could have been. And actually now divorce is in my mind very strongly... (or actually it has been in my mind already over 2 years or so...)

Time will show how everything will settle down...I believe that everything will end up to be for our best, even it hurts sometimes...

Shiny star
xxxx
Unread 09-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny star View Post
This is so current for me, I'm having my North Node Return soon...(Sag 17 deg)...

I dont remember if anything significant happened at the age 18...I was studying yes, but it was normal situation...nothing surprising about that. But, when I had North Node conjucting my South Node (conjuct Venus 0 deg), it was really significant: I married, got first child, bought a house...and all that during month-or two...

But in that time Pluto was conjucting my North Node (oppositing my South Node+Venus)...maybe that's why this marriage is not so happy as I wish it could have been. And actually now divorce is in my mind very strongly... (or actually it has been in my mind already over 2 years or so...)

Shiny star
xxxx
that is exactly what *pluto* does, not north node.
Unread 09-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Rob Tillett, an astrologer with more than three decades experience, is the editor and publisher of Astrology on the Web and has this to say on the subject:

Progressions and transits to the natal Nodes invariably signify major releases of energy related to the planet in question and the house activated thereby. The transiting nodes have a remarkably powerful effect when passing over a natal planet or chart factor, such as the Part of Fortune, the ascendant/descendant cusps or the MC/IC. The Dragon's Tail in particular seems to mark relationships with a genuinely karmic quality, often signifying the emergence (and sometimes finalising) of commitments from the deep past. The Dragon's Head is more concerned with activating or energising personal ambitions, aims and developing purposes.

Source: http://www.astrologycom.com/nodes.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 09-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

yep, as HE says transiting Nodes going over *Angles* can be important. We are still debating Nodal returns being of value, which I think is still minimal, having tested them myself
Unread 09-10-2011, 08:22 PM

In Vedic Astrology great importance has been attached to the Nodes from the time of the earliest recorded astrological texts (about 2000 BC)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 09-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
In Vedic Astrology great importance has been attached to the Nodes from the time of the earliest recorded astrological texts (about 2000 BC)
I'm NOT disputing the effects, again what we are discussing rather than posting links is *NODAL RETURN*
Unread 09-10-2011, 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=DevilshAngel;224537]This has recently been something I have noticed. I've never really looked into the nodes before. What do the events surrounding this return mean? Large importance in your life? Karma wise, something in this lifetime?[/QUOTE]

DevelishAngel, the Nodes are considered of great importance by Vedic astrologers who have used them in interpretation for several thousand years whereas with reference to your question Karma wise, in Modern Astrology Celeste Teal has devoted an entire book to the subject entitled "Lunar Nodes: Discover Your Soul's Karmic Mission"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...lestetealshome
Unread 04-05-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilshAngel View Post
This has recently been something I have noticed. I've never really looked into the nodes before. What do the events surrounding this return mean? Large importance in your life? Karma wise, something in this lifetime?
I know this is an old thread but my son was born during my first nodal return, he definitely pushed me (and still does) towards my north node. His birth was a huge turning point for me. He has forced me to focus less on obtaining material wealth and to focus more on doing things that have value to everyone. Actively doing things that don't require material possessions or a lot of money is something I have learnt to enjoy. Becoming a parent and realizing my child needed my time and the lessons I had to teach more than money was ultimately what lead me to revolving the rest of my life around that perspective.

My north node in 8th house Virgo conjunct my mars.
South node in 2nd house conjunct my sun and mercury.

My sons north node in 6th house Virgo conjunct his mars and Venus
South node in 12th

Our nodes are conjunct by 41 minutes
Unread 04-05-2019, 11:51 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

I see the node return having a theme that's rather insignificant in and of itself, a minor note in the big picture, although if big picture transits are happening at the same time, that could be a very pivotal point in your life.

I've had two node returns. My north node is in Scorpio. Both node returns saw people come into my life who strongly reflected Scorpio in some way: dark secrets in the first case; the second node return was when I met a hypnotherapist and went into hypnotherapy (Scorpio being the sign of the hypnotist).
Unread 04-06-2019, 12:06 AM

Hi

This old thread is very interesting.

The year my first NN retrurn happened, i was forced to leave my studies because i almost burned out. (South Node = Aries in 6th house.. North Node = Libra 12th house).
It happened the day North Node was conjuncting my Venus (ruler of NN) and my Sun.

Then, a lot of bad and good things happened. This event had a lot of consequences. I had to retire from 6th house normal life (work, studies, have a daily routine, etc..) for several years..

But I gained mental health and a spiritual life which saved me from depression and others psychological issues. My Natal mercury in 12th house also conjunct North Node in my chart (and I'm a Virgo Sun & Moon.. so an healthy Mercury is very important for me)
Unread 04-06-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I see the node return having a theme that's rather insignificant in and of itself, a minor note in the big picture, although if big picture transits are happening at the same time, that could be a very pivotal point in your life.
Yes you're right I certainly agree with you there, also depends on how aspected the north node is in the natal chart as to how strong of an effect the return will play in the long run and how positively the experience will be felt. It's still very interesting to hear people's experiences of how their nodal placement started intervening and shifting them in that direction.
Unread 04-06-2019, 02:45 PM

Nothing dramatic yet.
I will wait and watch.
NN 13° in Cancer 2nd House.
Unread 01-01-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somna7H View Post
Nothing dramatic yet.
I will wait and watch.
NN 13° in Cancer 2nd House.
I have nodal return this week. Curious what will be noticed.
I did a visualisation yesterday, in which we travelled to a holy temple. At that place several heavy invisible jackets were taken off me. It felt like karma burden release.
Unread 01-02-2020, 02:53 AM

Here are links that are right in line with the topic of the thread.

https://theinnerwheel.com/2016/03/20...-nodal-return/

http://theinnerwheel.com/2014/01/29/...double-whammy/
Osamenor (01-03-2020)
Unread 01-02-2020, 08:31 AM

Thank you..i didn't find these so thank you 😄
Even though it's good explanation (I don't mean to pick on the article ☺ just like to learn about it), it's quite vague to me..

And i notice that in my own chart..
As my south node (in 4° capricorn) is exactly conjunct MC and Venus and Ceres☺.

And conjunct (at 6° and 8° capricorn) Moon and Mercury. And even more aspects.
I guess i wouldn't be able to distinguish the impact of nodes and the several planets.

E.g. uranus also trines my MC/SN/Venus right now..

astro-charts.com/chart/a89923dab

Last edited by ForestFairy; 01-02-2020 at 08:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ForestFairy For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (01-03-2020)
Unread 01-03-2020, 05:22 AM

I cut the author slack because what she says about a nodal return that everyone will experience if they live to those ages would be necessarily general, and she is also writing on a topic that is rarely spoken about. Her observable astrological acumen makes me take the originality of her material seriously. She also has a 12th Sun-Jupiter conjunction so perhaps your also picking up on that energy signature in her writings.

Contrary to what she stated about the first nodal return, mine had more focus on the north node, despite a natural affinity for the south node (ruler of SN conj. ascendant)
Unread 01-03-2020, 09:50 AM

In The Astrology Podcast
Latest q&a it's one of the questions

They say if you've a very nodal chart it is important...
(well, I do have very nodal chart)
Unread 01-03-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I cut the author slack because what she says about a nodal return that everyone will experience if they live to those ages would be necessarily general, and she is also writing on a topic that is rarely spoken about. Her observable astrological acumen makes me take the originality of her material seriously. She also has a 12th Sun-Jupiter conjunction so perhaps your also picking up on that energy signature in her writings.

Contrary to what she stated about the first nodal return, mine had more focus on the north node, despite a natural affinity for the south node (ruler of SN conj. ascendant)
Ah interesting when the ruler of one of the nodes is conjuct Asc.

I ve a capricorn stellum that could have made it feel different reading 12h sun / jupiter yes
Unread 01-04-2020, 04:31 AM

Life is even more interesting when the ruler of the NN is also conjunct the ascendant.

Despite the vagueness, curious to know if you identify with experiencing any of the issues she raises for the second return. You speak of having a nodal chart, and with the south node conjunct the traditional planets of cognition and mind (Moon and Mercury) I'd imagine that you'd have even more of a predisposition to the psychological elements of the return. Any hits with your life so far?
Unread 01-04-2020, 05:07 AM

Since delving into Evolutionary Astrology, I have become (even more) obsessed with the lunar nodes, as well I should since:
* the ruler of my south node (Pluto) is conjunct my Sun (and both Sun and Pluto square the nodes), and
* the ruler of my north node (Venus) is closely conjunct my natal Uranus.

Anyone with one or more natal planets squaring the nodal axis will have a powerful (often unconscious) drive to work on attaining the requirements described by the north node - both in sign and house. I suggest that these are the people who experience moon's node returns as definite times of change and/or challenge in their life. Someone who has no natal planets in aspect to the nodal axis would most likely not experience their nodal returns in any kind of memorable or defined way.

My own 2nd nodal return at 37 coincided with a diagnosis for depression, something which had plagued me for much of my 30s ... ie, since my 1st Saturn Return.

In my early 40s I taught in a community college. The majority of my students were women, and many of my classes were for women only. After doing that job for a few years I began to notice that some women would begin my courses at 29-30 - their Saturn Return. These women tended to be coming out of a crisis in their lives - like divorce/separation. The most common time, however, for women to begin a new direction in their lives by taking up study was at the age of 37! Most of these women - but not all - were mothers, and had waited for their children to be at school before they undertook study. All of them were looking to change their life direction, and to take charge of their own lives.

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
The Following User Says Thank You to R4VEN For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (01-04-2020)
Unread 01-04-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Life is even more interesting when the ruler of the NN is also conjunct the ascendant.

Despite the vagueness, curious to know if you identify with experiencing any of the issues she raises for the second return. You speak of having a nodal chart, and with the south node conjunct the traditional planets of cognition and mind (Moon and Mercury) I'd imagine that you'd have even more of a predisposition to the psychological elements of the return. Any hits with your life so far?
☺i made a mistake, in my first reply i stated that my nodal return is next week, but it is halfway March this year.
But I would love to update. Remind me if I forget.
And I will need time to contemplate and describe and to be able to put it in words. So I'll come back to your question when I've more time.
But i recognise similarities with age 18,5.
Also
Staying in the land of the south node seems easy. But just doesn't work in my life anymore... So much easier to stay in the land of Venus/Moon/Mercury/Ceres and doing all I can.
But i feel i need to trust... (CancerNN) and choose privacy and boundaries to people.

"Spiritually, we often become lost, victim to false starts and stops. We feel vulnerable. No longer able to hide under a shell, and no compass to show us the way forward. We can see, off in some vague distance, the place we need to be, but it seems as though we have to walk over miles of thin, cracked ice to get there. The old doesn’t work anymore"
(Yes the old doesn't work, the new hasn't yet shown)

"This authenticity is what the second nodal return is all about. If we have complicated Nodes, planets on both the North and South Nodes, for example, we may be especially conflicted, and see saw back and forth between what is and what should be"
(Longing for the authenticity being in stead of adaptation to patterning)

"The North Node is so difficult to achieve precisely because we must get out of this way of defining Self."

"This nodal return in particular has a lot to do with ‘who am I in the world?’ And here is the rub–there shouldn’t be a conflict between who I am inside (IC) and who I am outside (MC). This is only one of the questions this nodal return tries to solve."

These theme's i recognise definetely.
The Following User Says Thank You to ForestFairy For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (01-04-2020)
Unread 01-04-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN View Post
Since delving into Evolutionary Astrology, (......) All of them were looking to change their life direction, and to take charge of their own lives.
Thank you for sharing. Interesting you notice people come to you at these ages in their lifes.
Unread 01-07-2020, 01:56 PM

https://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/astr...narnodes_2.php
Another article

Tags
node, north, return