What is your mars like and how assertive are you?

PlutoLibScoAsc

Thank you for this thread! It is actually exactly why I just joined this community.

Scorpio sun / Aries moon, with Mars in Capricorn (exalted) exactly conjunct sun-moon midpoint, in the 8th. Sextile to Saturn in Scorpio, forming a yod with my ascendant. I know many astrologers do not consider the ascendant as part of a yod... I'm interested to know anyone's thoughts on this.

I have Venus exactly opposite my Ascendant. I do feel like this configuration plays out as a major theme/lesson in my life. Asc-Venus opposition makes me want to "play nice" with everyone, don't make any waves, always put on a smile, etc. But I feel like my Mars is pretty fierce but somewhat repressed. I'm super intense (Scorpio stellium) and people feel it when I enter the room. I can just feel everyone sort of tense up and it has caused me to compensate and go all meek and mild, show how harmless I am (or am I? :devil:) which is rather easy with my Venus. But it does nothing to actually negate the simmering beneath the surface. I feel like I'm constantly trying to negotiate that balance but it never comes out quite right. If I'm assertive at all, it usually comes across as aggressive, even though I'm consciously trying to be calmly/kindly assertive.

That was a bit of a ramble! I'd greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts. Anyone have similar stuff happening?

yes, me. I can totally relate to this. Libra rising conjunct Pluto and also having mars and Saturn in 1st house. My colleague told me he is afraid of me when he first met me. He said I look serious, unapproachable. He even shared that a few of his friends said the same thing about me and very worried of him when he has to change his seat and move over and sit nest to me. His friend kept asking him how was it sitting next to and was everything ok? lol. He told them I am really cool and funny, lol. I have never see myself serious or unapproachable, I have always thought the opposite of that... My ex said I am cute and my husband always call me cute, pinch my cheek, call me baby and cute every day. Seriously, I thought i look at least friendly or somewhat cute and young maybe? It surprises me when my colleague shared that to me,lol.

Flapjacks

My mars is in 2nd house (I guess, since ASC is in sagittarius). I have studied planets a lot, but still struggle with houses. I am also not sure what the retrograted mars in capricorn brings (I have read that it takes away willpower).

Hi Estella, wow, we have many similar placements... except our houses are reversed (I am Gemini ASC). I relate to the 'fighting for the underdog' use of energy.

For retrograde Mars, it means the energy of Mars is directed inward instead of outward. Think... internalized anger, or unexpressed physical energy - maybe fidgeting over directed movements, or being celibate, for example. It does not mean a lack of willpower - on contrary, there could be an abundance of it, but somehow it doesn't 'flow naturally'.

A major clue for how retrograde Mars is expressed for you can be revealed when it goes direct by progression. At that time, there will be some 'release' of that inward energy to be more outwardly expressed.

https://rosemarcus.com/progressions/

I mentioned earlier that I have a genetically inherited disability that causes muscle weakness (which I think is an expression of retrograde Mars in the 8th). This is something that caused a lot of shame and problems through my life, because I wasn't capable of doing things like other people yet I looked 'normal' on the outside. When Mars went direct, I let go of much of that shame. I learned after years of being told by doctors not to exercise because it could 'damage' my body, that new research showed core strength and regular exercise was critical to lessening the symptoms of this disease.

I spent two years exercising and building up flexibility and strength on my own. I got to the point that I could run and not be in immediate pain, get up off the floor without assistance, go up stairs without people asking if I was sick or injured. It created a sense of freedom I never felt before, and it never went away even though I'm not as intense about it as I was in the beginning.

For this situation, Mars went direct at the same time Pluto transit over Mars, and the two events together may have indicated a more intense experience than either would alone. You may be experiencing Pluto transit over your Mars, as well, if you have a Cappy Mars, and that could also create some 'sweeping changes' to how you express Mars.

Last edited:

rosegarden

scorpio mars in the 7th house sextile chiron and mercury..

well i'm not that good with aspects yet but what i have gathered...
- scorpio mars: passive-aggressiveness, pretty quick temper, but quick to chill too, might hold grudges
- 7th house (libra): peacemaker, doesn't want drama etc

for me it's like... my emotions run high but i'd rather stay quiet and not make any drama because of that 7th house mars.

i don't really know what it means to have mars sextile chiron and mercury, but if someone wants to explain i'll be happy to hear :D maybe it means that i talk pretty aggressively and that i have wounds considering aggressiveness of myself and others?

i don't know. :sideways:

Mars conjunct Sun and Mercury in Aries in the 12th house. I don't know how to not be assertive. Like I try and fail. I don't know how to turn it off.

Scherzy

Mars in Scorpio,in 5th house near with 6th house but retro.
Its my 6th and 11th ruler and squares with uranus,neptune and opposes saturn.
It thinks this saturn contact supress a little, and the uranus link,it electrifies my assertiveness.
I think I am pretty assertive,Frustrated, sometimes inclined to fight.
To express my anger, I need dance, sex, or a mortal sport.
Other than that, I don't know what it means to colleagues and health.
On the one hand, according to 10th house,its the second and rules money from job,its manager is mars also.
Could this uranus add sexual disease?
I could not solve the Saturn link.

Attachments

• job.jpg
    job.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 36

Claire19

I have Mars in Libra and will stand up for injustice and inequality. It is conjunct Neptune and I tend to cry when angry. Hate confrontation and discord.

Claire19

scorpio mars in the 7th house sextile chiron and mercury..

well i'm not that good with aspects yet but what i have gathered...
- scorpio mars: passive-aggressiveness, pretty quick temper, but quick to chill too, might hold grudges
- 7th house (libra): peacemaker, doesn't want drama etc

for me it's like... my emotions run high but i'd rather stay quiet and not make any drama because of that 7th house mars.

i don't really know what it means to have mars sextile chiron and mercury, but if someone wants to explain i'll be happy to hear :D maybe it means that i talk pretty aggressively and that i have wounds considering aggressiveness of myself and others?

I have Mars Libra 8th house sextile Mercury Leo 6th house and am quick witted. Have strong opinions and am quite intelligent. I have done lots of detailed work with the legal profession involving criminal matters. Chiron has a tighter orb of no more than 2 degrees when calculated. It depends on the house placement and other aspects.

I'm probably the exemplification of an intolerable person lol hot-tempered, quick to anger, will not stop at getting back a billion times more severe than the original affront shown, but only if the original intent was malicious, and if it is, god help everyone, there may even be friendlies caught in the crossfire... knowing the life-changing effects of a moment's passion though helps put the brakes on, but how long and well can a nuclear fission be contained, more so when one's patience has been tried for far too long?

Oh sorry, i was thinking in terms of combative assertiveness, as in when people step on one's tail!

Guru points for whoever can tell what sign and aspects my mars is in and has.

Abby83

I'm probably the exemplification of an intolerable person lol hot-tempered, quick to anger, will not stop at getting back a billion times more severe than the original affront shown, but only if the original intent was malicious, and if it is, god help everyone, there may even be friendlies caught in the crossfire... knowing the life-changing effects of a moment's passion though helps put the brakes on, but how long and well can a nuclear fission be contained, more so when one's patience has been tried for far too long?

Oh sorry, i was thinking in terms of combative assertiveness, as in when people step on one's tail!

Guru points for whoever can tell what sign and aspects my mars is in and has.

Mars square Uranus.

Abby83

"hot-tempered, quick to anger, will not stop at getting back a billion times"

- this. u reckon these ualities is to do with mars sextile uranus. or just mars in scorpio?

mars square moon and aries asc actually, i guess the latter helps with not holding grudges in the right situations lol if that sounds like your kinda thing i'm sure reading up about it would fascinate you further

Abby83

mars square moon and aries asc actually, i guess the latter helps with not holding grudges in the right situations lol if that sounds like your kinda thing i'm sure reading up about it would fascinate you further

Oh yeah that makes sense. I have mars square moon too. in fact i have mars square uranus, jupiter, and moon conjunction in first house.

Astronoodles

Sort of late to the party, but hey!

I got a Sagittarius Mars in the 6th opposing my Moon in the 12th and sextile Uranus. I tend to be extremely easygoing and let others take the reins unless a) I already have a plan established, or b) I have serious concerns about something. I don't like expressing anger or getting into conflict if I don't have to. I tend to be more assertive when advocating for others than for myself, although I can speak up if I really want/need something done. I've been told I should be more assertive, but hey, I think I'm fine where I'm at.