Planetary patterns -- the bowl

greybeard

The patterns are creations of man's mind: they do not exist in reality. How can something as insubstantial and imaginary as planetary patterns affect the reality of a human being?

I have an answer that satisfies me. I'll leave it to you to enjoy finding your own answer.

greybeard

Bowls hold peaches and cream...and oatmeal and collections of odd screws and bolts.

Bowls contain, hold, preserve and protect. They keep things as they are. They are fundamentally Conservative. Despite Trump's reputation as a Maverick (leading Sun/Uranus) he is fundamentally conservative.

greybeard

Each whole pattern contains within it structures unique to each chart. The Bundle pattern of Conspiracy Theorist is contained by a midpoint structure. His per:sonality is "defined" by this structure and its significance in human terms.

The leading planet assumes super powers and is directive. The midpoint planet establishes the "center of gravity", the focal point.

The point is that this structure is the key that will unlock the meaning of the whole. The interplay of the 3 planets describes "a psychological complex" that confines you to whatever your life is. The structure "confines" the life pattern; it is confined by this psychological complex.

I use the word complex to indicate the interaction of 3 or more planets,usually related to each other in some circular or cyclic way.

In Trump's bowl chart Moon is in Sagittarius (lord Jupiter), Jupiter is in Libra (lord Venus), and Venus is in Cancer (lord Moon)... So we have this circular relationship. It can work for good or ill.

There are aspectual relationships. Very importantly in Trump's chart the role of supporting pillars of the primary opposition played by Mars and Jupiter is immediately clear. Wealth and connections, brashness and wholly self-centered aggression assist his climb to the pinnacle.

Another important structure in this chart is the interception of three planets in Cancer 11th. The only aspects of this less-helpful configuration are squares to Jupiter (1 to Neptune). Once again we find the same complex of 3 planets, this time related by both rulership (Moon) and aspect (Jupiter).

It's worth mentioning in regard to this 11th house interception that

The 11th house contains political parties and legislatures. It is also the 2nd from the 10th...the government's money. And we're seeing the longest gov't shutdown in history.

I still use Placidus because interceptions are very informative. The interception is not indispensible; the story can be read without it. But it sure enhances the story.

Last edited:

greybeard

Probably half of all charts can be placed or classified in 2 or more patterns. We have seen that a bowl pattern may have a spread of somewhere between 140 degrees and perhaps 255 degrees (the angle separating the 2 exterior planets).

Ideally the bowl is defined by an effective opposition (the rim of the bowl. For our purposes here we allow a ten-degree orb for major aspects between all planets except the Lights. I give Sun 17 degrees and allow Moon her daily motion.

We can see that many bowl charts do not have an effective rim opposition. Note that the aspect is allowed a 10* orb; it does not matter if is cross-sign.

When there is no effective rim opposition the life is apt to be filled with chronic frustration.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
It would be interesting to post Hillary's chart along with Donald's for a compare and contrast. Looking at Donald's now (Regulus Ascendant, Sun in 10th, Mars on ASC, not even mentioning the nodal connections), regardless of people's political views, he has a very strong chart for winning.

There was an article I read somewhere mentioning a group of professional astrologers originally theorized Clinton was going to win, but they used the wrong chart. There was a debate between an 8 am one and an 8 pm one, with the 8 am one being a Scorpio rising, and hence, originally seemed more compelling. It turns out professional astrologers were not immune to personal, political bias via chart selection.

The correct one (and the one I always thought was accurate) was the 8 pm chart. ASC in Gemini, not Scorpio. It's pretty obvious to me just by looking at her photos and gestures.

I can see why he won the Presidency over Hillary.

In terms of results, outcomes and how energy is utilized, in your opinion, do one or two (chart) patterns seem to take precedence over others?

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Garlands based on the seven visible planets in Indian astrology form Malika yogas, Trump would have had Karma Malika Yoga if Saturn was placed in the III. Generally, in the garland the planet that is on the most right (superior in Hellenistic astrology) position sets the tone of the garland. Karma Malika Yoga emphasizes praxis, respect and rank because of the Midheaven.

greybeard

I haven't noticed one pattern dominant over others. One pattern may be more appropriate in one set of circumstances than another.

david starling

There seems to be little interest in planetary patterns.

After several decades of exploring the uses of patterns I find them quick and easy to use. They provide a substrate of fundamental character upon which the interpretation rests. They are highly reliable. In most cases they point out a focal planet that tends to form and dominate the personality and life.

Not interested? Oh well.

We've discussed this as the most "Elevated" Planet. I do use it to some extent. Is this only for the Bowl pattern?

conspiracy theorist

dRMTyph.png

greybeard

It is a bowl. That, of itself, tells us a great deal about the most fundamental traits of the native. See the description of Trump above.

Uranus is the cutting planet. When Uranus is thus empowered, a good keyword is Experimentative. Experimentative here means to acquire direct experience, to truly "know" a thing. This thirst is what leads him into life. All of the other traits typical of Uranus are present of course, and they permeate and dominate the entire personality and guide the life course.

Now all of the planets but Uranus are contained within the close Fire trine Saturn-Mars. So Uranus is in this sense isolated, set apart, outside the herd. Separation of Uranus from Saturn is about 48 degrees, an effective octile. Uranus beholds no major aspect: he is unaspected. Once again, and in an entirely different way, Uranus is isolated. His natural Uranian energies can work unimpeded by "entangling alliances".

Uranus is retrograde. This does not change the nature of the Uranian energies, but the direction of their flow. They are internalized and create a powerful desire for the reformation of the unconcious, for an internal revolution of the sort Krishnamurti, who also had a very powerful rx Uranus, wrote about.

We haven't even begun to analyze this chart, certainly not with any traditional methods, yet we already have a good grasp of what makes this guy tick at the most basic level.

Last edited:

greybeard

I just posted a lengthy and detailed report. It apparently went up in smoke. I'll have to rewrite what I can.

Oh. Uranus is the cutting planet. Extremely powerful. Let me rewrite. It'll take a while.

Last edited:

greybeard

We need to look at the mechanics of the pattern. Uranus is in 21 Gemini, Mars 8 Sagittarius. Mars applies, 15 degrees to perfect the opposition in Common signs. There is no effective opposition: we allow a 10-degree orb. But the two planets are in opposition by both sign and house; the aspect probably has some effect, which may grow with age (directions & progressions). The planets are fairly evenly distributed, tending to concentrate toward the back end of the bowl at the Ascendant. Mars is the Trailing planet; he finishes things up, assesses and assimilates the results of Uranus' initiatives.

Mars and Jupiter are in mutual disposition of the whole chart. Mars is the stronger and more prominent. Mars rules the Ascendant (the horoskopos) and is posited in it - very strong.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Based on Robert Jansky's work, the astrologer who developed on the initial insights of Marc Edmund Jones, here are some more keywords for the planets in high focus:

Sun: + Regal - Egotistic
Moon: - Dissociative
Mercury: + Naive - Immature
Venus: + Intensely personal - Lazy
Mars: + Sensuous - Beliigerent, Pugnacious
Jupiter: + Folksy - Fanatic
Saturn: + Persistent - Ruthless
Uranus: + Independent - Intractable
Neptune: + Elusive - Deceitful
Pluto: + Detached - Underhanded

moonkat235

Based on Robert Jansky's work, the astrologer who developed on the initial insights of Marc Edmund Jones, here are some more keywords for the planets in high focus:

Sun: + Regal - Egotistic
Moon: - Dissociative
Mercury: + Naive - Immature
Venus: + Intensely personal - Lazy
Mars: + Sensuous - Beliigerent, Pugnacious
Jupiter: + Folksy - Fanatic
Saturn: + Persistent - Ruthless
Uranus: + Independent - Intractable
Neptune: + Elusive - Deceitful
Pluto: + Detached - Underhanded

Folksy....how does he mean? What's so positive about folksy? lol

conspiracy theorist

These are just the keywords which can help you to capture the influence of the planet in high focus. There are descriptions for each planet but that would be too much copy pasting from the source material.

Here is the 36 page document that I got this information from. It's on scribd so you'd have to get a subscription to get full access to it. There's a free trial option available if you're hesitant in spending money.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/146730619/Robert-C-Jansky-Planetary-Patterns